+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

Rajssab

Jan 8, 2019
$62 each way is the new postal rate (for postal application), not sure what they charge when applied in-person. $62 was the rate for Toronto to Brampton (Within Province). Not sure what the additional charge is for out of the province. Call center said there is a new rate card of services in effect as of Feb 1st, 2024.

desmat

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2018
$62 each way is the new postal rate (for postal application), not sure what they charge when applied in-person. $62 was the rate for Toronto to Brampton (Within Province). Not sure what the additional charge is for out of the province. Call center said there is a new rate card of services in effect as of Feb 1st, 2024.
Where is the link to new rate card?

Rajssab

Jan 8, 2019
as with everything BLS not sure when they will publicly post, just sharing my experience from calling the call center.

AC103

Jun 28, 2023
Don't courier/registered post it would be my suggestion.
Even if you wanna send it send it through someone whom you trust and is traveling to India
If the intent of your friend/family is to stay for a longer duration that of eVisa/Visa can provide then sending the OCI makes sense. Otherwise it does not.
Thank you

hrb3

Aug 1, 2018
On BLS tracker, what does it mean by "Last Scan Date"? (shows today's date)

For the reference, my OCI tracker showed that Document received at Ottawa on Feb 5, 2024.

rishi123

Star Member
May 15, 2019
Hello, I submitted my son’s oci through courier to Bls on 29th November 2023, the application date on Bls tracking shows 6th December 2023, then I keep checking on the oci portal and the date of acknowledgment is 23 December 2023, and it is still showing under process.. by when can I expect a change in the tracking or how long could it take more ? Any advise ? Thank you

citi4raj

Champion Member
Oct 30, 2018
Brampton
Hello, I submitted my son’s oci through courier to Bls on 29th November 2023, the application date on Bls tracking shows 6th December 2023, then I keep checking on the oci portal and the date of acknowledgment is 23 December 2023, and it is still showing under process.. by when can I expect a change in the tracking or how long could it take more ? Any advise ? Thank you
we are almost same time line. but its BLS brampton and in person for me
see the tracker to get more insights
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1e8SgwxDg_XelPc4vY0YEAQ8aWH0bCHIoiSBLj0huHtc/edit?pli=1#gid=0
New Born OCI - One - Walk-In BLS Brampton
Applicant NameXXXXX
File Reference NumberXXXXX
Application DateBLS BRAMPTON25-NOV-2023
Date Of AcknowledgmentOCI PORTALOn21-DEC-2023
Registration Status at MissionTORONTO
OCI- NumberXXXXX
Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn29-JAN-2024
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn30-JAN-2024
Document received AtTORONTOOn

shubham88

Star Member
Sep 20, 2019
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1e8SgwxDg_XelPc4vY0YEAQ8aWH0bCHIoiSBLj0huHtc/edit?pli=1#gid=0
Applicant NameXXXXX
OCI- NumberXXXXX
Great, I have applied for minor on 4th Dec in Calgary and OCI website ACKN is 8th Dec, showing still under process.

rishi123

Star Member
May 15, 2019
Applicant NameXXXXX
OCI- NumberXXXXX
But mine is still showing as under process, so wanted to know if this is normal and how long could it take for the status change

citi4raj

Champion Member
Oct 30, 2018
Brampton
But mine is still showing as under process, so wanted to know if this is normal and how long could it take for the status change
anyone applied from vancouver - could you please suggest whats happening with the timelines. check the tracker too.. you may see some from vancouver too

SanalV

Jan 16, 2024
are you sure? usually after 25 days in oci portal it gets updated and that is the ACK date. Are you referring to the status in BLS?
Raj, my OCI just "Received at Toronto" - 6th feb. Your status should also be updated. Checkkkkkkkkkkkk

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Galti hogaya :-( .
It is very unfortunate. Thank you for the information.
Let me know if this is another silly mistake to do but would it be ok to submit an affidavit for change of signature along with my OCI application so that I can have the same signature as my Canadian Passport ?
I would not suggest that you need an affidavit for that, when you upload the copy on the OCI website and submit it along with you application to BLS just scan, print on lily the page which has the biographical details ie name, DoB, CoB etc.
You do not need or scan/copy then adjacent page which has the signature
With that you should be able to do away with your affidavit

Reactions: dsouza.jake