+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
My OCI application status shows that my card is dispatched from New Delhi on 29th January. As I will be travelling out of country on 3 rd February and will be coming back on 10th February. Just curious to know how many days it takes to get OCI card in hand after it’s being dispatched from New Delhi. Is there any way to approach BLS Brampton to inform that my card should not be delivered during my unavailability in Canada.
please share BLS Brampton contact number
It will not be delivered in your absence. Purolator will hold it for 5 business days and after that will be returned back to BLS.
Once tracking no is generated track it on purolator website.

KNIGHTRIDER14

Star Member
Mar 27, 2017
Can someone else(diffrernt address and diff person)receive my minors oci's delivery on my behalf,looks like it wnt be delivered on time??i knw purolator will hold for 5 days then return to bls,but ill be gone for couple of months so...

Last edited:

lionwoods

Jul 6, 2023
I had submitted two application on 07th Dec in Person at Montreal BLS.
One of the got processed on 31th Jan and Dispatched on 01 Feb 2024.
However, my another application got processed on 01 feb but it has not been dispatched yet.
How long does it take to dispatched once processed. and get in hand
Jurisdiction- Ottawa.
registered for Purolator delivery.

karanvir jassal

May 18, 2018
Hi all, I am applying OCI for my minor who is born in Canada. I and my husbnad both have Indian passpoet and Canadian PRs, so while uploading the docs they ask for marriage certificate, ao in this case me and my husband were married in Australia and we have the certificate of registration from Australi itself. So i need to attest it or i can just upload it as it is??

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hi all, I am applying OCI for my minor who is born in Canada. I and my husband both have Indian passport and Canadian PRs, so while uploading the docs they ask for marriage certificate, ao in this case me and my husband were married in Australia and we have the certificate of registration from Australia itself. So i need to attest it or i can just upload it as it is??
I think you should get this checked with Consulate first if the attested marriage certificate is required or not in this case
You can try https://www.cgitoronto.gov.in/sampark/

ssnvenkatadit

Mar 30, 2022
I am applying for Surrendering Indian Passport. The Place of Birth in my Canadian Passport has only City Name, IND, whereas in my Indian Passport the Place of Birth has City Name, State Name. Do I need to get an affidavit for this while applying for Surrender of Indian Passport.

umang199347

Feb 4, 2024
Hello Guys, is anyone know what time should i go for walk-in application for OCI at BLS Toronto location? I can do a postal application but I need to send original passport and it will not be returned until OCI gets delivered so I am thinking of going walk-in.
Thank You