+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hello Guys, is anyone know what time should i go for walk-in application for OCI at BLS Toronto location? I can do a postal application but I need to send original passport and it will not be returned until OCI gets delivered so I am thinking of going walk-in.
Thank You
You don't need to send original for postal application. Self attested copy is enough.

umang199347

Feb 4, 2024
You don't need to send original for postal application. Self attested copy is enough.
It says original and copy in checklist. I just don't want to delay process by anymeans so I might try for walkin so that way I am sure my application process started. I just want to know what's wait time looks like for walking application. Thank you for your reply. It might help me my future application.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
It says original and copy in checklist. I just don't want to delay process by anymeans so I might try for walkin so that way I am sure my application process started. I just want to know what's wait time looks like for walking application. Thank you for your reply. It might help me my future application.
BLS opens at 8 am and till 1 pm they accept application but priority is given to people with appointment. Appointment usually starts from 9 am, so my suggestion would be to there early morning so that they accept your application without appointment. Later in the day it will become more difficult to get slots with appointment taking up most of the slots.

umang199347

Feb 4, 2024
BLS opens at 8 am and till 1 pm they accept application but priority is given to people with appointment. Appointment usually starts from 9 am, so my suggestion would be to there early morning so that they accept your application without appointment. Later in the day it will become more difficult to get slots with appointment taking up most of the slots.
Thanks for reply.

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Without appointment you should factor in to go at least 2 hrs before
But like @forw.jane mentioned postal application ke liye sirf self attested signed copies he chahiye
The original document requirement comes at a time when you go in person and they ask you to show the originals at the counter.
With postal application you are already paying top dollars, they will not require originals to be submitted by post.
and an after thought, BLS only has a mandate to handle Indian issued paperwork (like SC, PP, PCC, OCI, Visa etc), why put your Canadian issued originals in post/in their hand ? what if they loose that? they will absolve themselves of te responsibility and ping pong will begin ke Purolator lost the documents it wasn't them blah blah..

@forw.jane - Ctrl C + Ctrl V :p

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
But like @forw.jane mentioned postal application ke liye sirf self attested signed copies he chahiye
The original document requirement comes at a time when you go in person and they ask you to show the originals at the counter.
With postal application you are already paying top dollars, they will not require originals to be submitted by post.
and an after thought, BLS only has a mandate to handle Indian issued paperwork (like SC, PP, PCC, OCI, Visa etc), why put your Canadian issued originals in post/in their hand ? what if they loose that? they will absolve themselves of te responsibility and ping pong will begin ke Purolator lost the documents it wasn't them blah blah..

Bookmarked for future use :D

• Haha
Reactions: abbas.pasha

umang199347

Feb 4, 2024

Thank you for this info. It will help me a lot. I am going there walk in since it's only 5 min from my work and if I don't get in then I will send it through mail.

aspirant9

Nov 8, 2018
Hello all, can someone please confirm if I need to enter my spouse's indian passport details or Canadian passport details in the following fields of OCI application form?

1. Spouse's Passport No
  2. Issue date
  3. expiry date
  4. issue place

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016

dsouza.jake

Feb 4, 2024
Hi all,
I have a bit of a concern about my OCI application. My signature on my Canadian passport and Indian Passport are slightly different. I am a bit concerned if that will cause an issue. I can ensure that my OCI application is attested with the same signature that appears on my Indian Passport. Would that be ok or would you recommend that I make a similar signature as my Canadian Passport ?

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hi all,
I have a bit of a concern about my OCI application. My signature on my Canadian passport and Indian Passport are slightly different. I am a bit concerned if that will cause an issue. I can ensure that my OCI application is attested with the same signature that appears on my Indian Passport. Would that be ok or would you recommend that I make a similar signature as my Canadian Passport ?
Jake my first reaction...

Secondly, Do not include the signature page, just include the bio page

And Last... Abhi kiya aage se dobara sisa mat karna :p

Last edited:
Reactions: dsouza.jake