+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

Samay905

Jan 18, 2024
I am in a similar situation here, with the only difference is I have Entry Visa.
With entry visa you may able to extend your stay as I did last year for my minor. You will need to submit online request to FRRO with extended date of stay.
I am not sure how it will work in case of E-Visa. Some expert can give input on E visa.

$$harsh$$

Star Member
Jun 16, 2017
Finally some update :

Date Of Acknowledgment19-DEC-2023
Registration Status at MissionTORONTO
OCI- NumberXXX
Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn25-JAN-2024
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn
Document received AtTORONTOOn

Z86

Star Member
Aug 10, 2019
Date Of Acknowledgment13-DEC-2023
OCI- NumberXXXXXXX
Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn15-JAN-2024
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn16-JAN-2024
Document received AtTORONTOOn24-JAN-2024
I see the above status in the consulate tracker

But BLS still shows
Application StatusProcessing at Consulate General
Processing at Consulate General

Is there any way I can go and pick up the OCI in person from BLS toronto instead of them mailing it which will take some more time ?
Also when should I go ? Only when the BLS application status shows as Ready for Dispatch or can i go now itself ?
Appreciate any help.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Date Of Acknowledgment13-DEC-2023
OCI- NumberXXXXXXX
Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn15-JAN-2024
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn16-JAN-2024
Document received AtTORONTOOn24-JAN-2024
I see the above status in the consulate tracker

But BLS still shows

Application StatusProcessing at Consulate General
Processing at Consulate General

Is there any way I can go and pick up the OCI in person from BLS toronto instead of them mailing it which will take some more time ?
Also when should I go ? Only when the BLS application status shows as Ready for Dispatch or can i go now itself ?
Appreciate any help.
People tried but then BLS is not ready to open the lot of OCI and search for your package. They instead are asking to wait for it to be delivered by Purolator. You can try once it says Counter delivery to BLS after stamping.

Last edited:

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hi my minor application date of Acknowledgment at CGI November 24th Vancouver jurisdiction. Anyone know when I can expect it to processed. At present it shows processing. I M not sure why it is talking more time then 8 week. I have flight on February 10. Should I reschedule it or wait???
People are seeing 11-14 weeks of random processing time in Vancouver.

Verda8nt

Jan 25, 2024
GTA
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Toronto
Hello

I did a walk-in application for 4 OCI applications at BLS Toronto office. One application submitted on Dec 23, 2023 and rest 3 submitted on Jan 12, 2024.

BLS status is showing 'Processing at Consulate General' but on OCI enquiry I get 'No record found' for the applications.

How long does it take for acknowledgement / show up on OCI web site?

Thank you

citi4raj

Champion Member
Oct 30, 2018
Brampton
Hello

I did a walk-in application for 4 OCI applications at BLS Toronto office. One application submitted on Dec 23, 2023 and rest 3 submitted on Jan 12, 2024.

BLS status is showing 'Processing at Consulate General' but on OCI enquiry I get 'No record found' for the applications.

How long does it take for acknowledgement / show up on OCI web site?

Thank you
check after 20-25 days from the submission date

fang21

Apr 17, 2019
Hello All, I have a question about appointment for oci applications in Brampton. Can I book appointment for Visa/passport application but use it to submit OCI application? Any one did this in 2024?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hello All, I have a question about appointment for oci applications in Brampton. Can I book appointment for Visa/passport application but use it to submit OCI application? Any one did this in 2024?
Many have done successfully in past. Tough to get 2024 confirmation.

May 3, 2019
Toronto
Received OCI via courier today. Journey is over.. It took almost 5 days to get the OCI in hand after it was received at Toronto office.
Application date on BLS website: 9 November 2023
Underprocess on BLS website: 9 November 2023
Processing at Consulate General on BLS website: 10 November 2023
Total number of days from application date to OCI in hand: 78 days. I would like to thank everyone in the forum for answering my questions. All the best to those waiting.
Date Of Acknowledgment 11-DEC-2023
OCI- Number A5072971
Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn09-JAN-2024
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn10-JAN-2024
Document received AtTORONTOOn19-JAN-2024

SanalV

Jan 16, 2024
Don't do that, the security at the entrance will check the confirmation which you will have to present at the time of entering the gate. It will be a total waste as you wont get an entry. They are very rigid and strict

hrb3

Aug 1, 2018
Any Ottawa applicant here who are still waiting for their OCI to get processed?

I have got DOA Dec 8, 2023 but nothing after that.