+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

DudeNextDoor

Oct 20, 2023
Well done. Never thought getting oci would be so difficult. checking status every hour, it’s frustrating
And stressful
Which is why I hear many ppl don't apply and just get eVisas (the diplomatic tensions created a flood of OCI applications).
Not only is this process quite expensive, the customer service is also terrible.

A friend of mine is going to send a surrender application for his family of 3, and BLS is telling him to send separate postal packages for each with a separate draft, and is charging $62 each way ($372 total). I only paid $62 for both ways, sounds like another scam here.

Reactions: desmat

Jyoti071

Star Member
Nov 8, 2023
When it says ready for dispatch then it means your OCI card is with BLS centre so you can either wait to get it delivered to your doorstep or go in person. My flight is on 30th so I can't risk to wait it to be delivered to my house. It was worth driving 6 hours than just checking status after every 1hour
I tried going there in person at 3pm and she said we have already packaged it with a thousand other OCIs so just wait until tomorrow because it’s express shipping to your house. So basically it was too much work to find it.

trickshot555

Star Member
Sep 7, 2016
Are they not giving you an option to collect it from a designated place near your home?
I was trying not to pick it up because public transport was on strike in Vancouver on Monday, Tuesday- so it wasn't possible for me. But anyways, they messed up on Tuesday again and its status in Purolator automatically went t- pick up today, because they gave up delivering it. So I picked it today from a Purolator office.

Have you received your OCI yet?
I’m just trying to gauge whether I should wait for mine. It’s processed but hasn’t been stamped. Did yours show stamped at BLS before delivery? I have 13 days before my flight so getting nervous.
yes, I have received mine by manually picking it up from a Purolator office- but it should've been delivered last week.

---------

Closing this out. Thank you- everyone for all the help. It is incredibly thin- like 5 pages? I thought the envelope was empty. I guess it really is an OCI 'card' and the govt official will obviously just stamp randomly on top of each other when I enter/exit the country as they always do and make it all fit lol.

LocationVancouverIn-Person
Date Of Acknowledgment07-NOV-2023
Registration Status at MissionVANCOUVER
Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn16-JAN-2024
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn17-JAN-2024
Document received AtVANCOUVEROn17-JAN-2024
Document deliveredVANCOUVEROn24-JAN-2024 (DELAYED FROM 19-JAN-2024

gaurav1282

Aug 20, 2013
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
date of application as per BLS - Jan 13 for daughter and spouse and for self Jan 18
i just noted now it’s under processing with consulate

timelines have improved it seems like

Jyoti071

Star Member
Nov 8, 2023
Mine now says ‘counter delivery to BLS after stamping.’
My husband received a text saying my daughter’s and his will be delivered tomorrow.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
I was trying not to pick it up because public transport was on strike in Vancouver on Monday, Tuesday- so it wasn't possible for me. But anyways, they messed up on Tuesday again and its status in Purolator automatically went t- pick up today, because they gave up delivering it. So I picked it today from a Purolator office.

yes, I have received mine by manually picking it up from a Purolator office- but it should've been delivered last week.

---------

Closing this out. Thank you- everyone for all the help. It is incredibly thin- like 5 pages? I thought the envelope was empty. I guess it really is an OCI 'card' and the govt official will obviously just stamp randomly on top of each other when I enter/exit the country as they always do and make it all fit lol.

LocationVancouverIn-Person
Date Of Acknowledgment07-NOV-2023
Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn16-JAN-2024
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn17-JAN-2024
Document received AtVANCOUVEROn17-JAN-2024
Document deliveredVANCOUVEROn24-JAN-2024 (DELAYED FROM 19-JAN-2024
There is no stamping on the OCI card, so don't worry about it getting filled :)

Samay905

Jan 18, 2024
Date Of Acknowledgment29-NOV-2023
OCI Application StatusUNDER-PROCESS

This is for my Minor daughter.

When can I expect the OCI ?

Traveling to India on 28th January
Hi did you receive any update. My minor applicant has Nov 24 acknowledgment. I am travelling in February first week.

Samay905

Jan 18, 2024
Hi my minor application date of Acknowledgment at CGI November 24th Vancouver jurisdiction. Anyone know when I can expect it to processed. At present it shows processing. I M not sure why it is talking more time then 8 week. I have flight on February 10. Should I reschedule it or wait???