+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Has anyone converted e-visa to OCI in India? We already applied for OCI but may not get by the time we are travelling. I can have OCI sent to India once we receive it here.
https://ociservices.gov.in/
Foreign nationals cannot apply for OCI in India while on Tourist Visa, Missionary Visa and Mountaineering Visa. Moreover, the foreigner has to be ordinarily resident of India to be eligible to apply for OCI registration in India.
Note: 'ordinarily resident' will mean a person staying in a particular country or in India for a continuous period of 6 months.

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hi All...anyone you have applied for OCI through mail-in option; could you please confirm if we need to send original Canadian passport or if self attested copy is enough?
arey dawai waale bhai why dont you search the forum before posting?
So many times it has been mentioned so many times in the forum, that do not send original supporting documents by post to BLS

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
https://ociservices.gov.in/
Foreign nationals cannot apply for OCI in India while on Tourist Visa, Missionary Visa and Mountaineering Visa. Moreover, the foreigner has to be ordinarily resident of India to be eligible to apply for OCI registration in India.
Note: 'ordinarily resident' will mean a person staying in a particular country or in India for a continuous period of 6 months.
But the OP will have his OCI already by the time they are in India. Won't the rules be different from the ones you mentioned where they want to apply OCI once in India?

Reactions: Sharkando

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
arey dawai waale bhai why dont you search the forum before posting?
So many times it has been mentioned so many times in the forum, that do not send original supporting documents by post to BLS
Kuch change hua Hain. Isliye confusion ho raha :D

The new postal application are expected to send original. Not finding someone who did it without sending one. Jaise past main ho raha tha.

Nidhi sareen

Jun 15, 2018
Category........
PNP
Can someone please let me know if we need to get baby's thumb impression on the Checklist also under "signature of applicant"? or leave it blank?
You have to get the thumb impression otherwise it will be sent back. I had to do the same with my 1 month old infant.

Nidhi sareen

Jun 15, 2018
Category........
PNP
Anybody can share how you took thumb impression of a baby? Not keen on using the stamp pad so wondering if there is any other safer way to get baby's thumb print on a paper.
I took my 1 month baby thumb impression when she was asleep. We used normal ink however, you can try for removable baby stamp.

ankurbhatia17

Star Member
Jun 26, 2018
Hey everyone…. For OCI pick and drop service, do they ask for the applicant to sign at the time of delivery or anyone can receive it at the address? Is it possible to switch the address and get it delivered at a friends place? If not For how long does BLS hold on to the OCI Card if it cannot be delivered?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hey everyone…. For OCI pick and drop service, do they ask for the applicant to sign at the time of delivery or anyone can receive it at the address? Is it possible to switch the address and get it delivered at a friends place? If not For how long does BLS hold on to the OCI Card if it cannot be delivered?
Only applicant can receive it. Purolator will hold it for 5 Business days after which they will return it to BLS. BLS will hold it for a year.
As per comment on this forum, someone mentioned for switching you need to go in person to BLS and do it.