+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

Sharkando

Star Member
Feb 20, 2017
Anyone here from Vancouver jurisdiction got OCI approval recently? I applied for minor application on Jan 8 and received acknowledgment on Jan 12. We are travelling to India on March 16. BLS said the processing is 3-4 months. Is that correct?

I am trying to see the timeline with other cases.

Jan 1, 2024
Hi Sharkando following is my timeline I am hoping for January end to receive it but as per discussion in this thread mostly week of 4th Feb will get it.

Postal application Surrey Office

Delivered: Nov 8th

BLS website application date: Nov 24th

Acknowledged: Dec 4th

OCI website status: Under process

Mission: Vancouver

BLS website status: Processing at Consulate General.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Anyone here from Vancouver jurisdiction got OCI approval recently? I applied for minor application on Jan 8 and received acknowledgment on Jan 12. We are travelling to India on March 16. BLS said the processing is 3-4 months. Is that correct?

I am trying to see the timeline with other cases.
Vancouver has slowed down considerably. Still haven't seen Nov acknowledgement getting processed. You always have backup option with evisa.

BL007

Star Member
Mar 5, 2020
What is the exact name we have to put in Draft for 345 for consulate . I put "consulate general of india - Toronto' but in site it seems its mentioned as "THE consulate general of india - Toronto" . I m missing "THE" will that cause a problem ?
Hi Risabh, I've also made a draft to "consulate general of india - Toronto". Would this work?

BL007

Star Member
Mar 5, 2020
Hi everyone, I'm applying my OCI application by Postal. I've a few questions.

1. I've made a draft for my OCI application to "consulate general of india - Toronto". The checklist have comma instead of hyphen. Should I request a new draft?
2. My Parents passport have their surname mentioned, however my cancelled passport has only their given name, so should I use parents name in the application as per their passport or use as per my passport?
3. I'm a Data Engineer. What occupation should I choose? - Professional, Private Service or Others?
4. Do I need to send original surrender certificate or copy of it?
5. Do I need to send original cancelled passport along with my application?
6. Do I need to self-attest all the required documents?
7. There is a "National Identification Number" in the application. What should I fill there?

I would highly appreciate your response and any advise for postal application. Thank you!

ssiddharthsuresh

Star Member
May 12, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-01-2017
AOR Received.
10-01-2017
Passport Req..
16-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-03-2017
LANDED..........
23-03-2017
Anyone successfully got their OCI approved without submitting original Canadian passport and certificate via postal application?

brarvj

Jul 26, 2017
Category........
PNP
App. Filed.......
09/12/2020
I recently received my OCI approval (date of ack - 10 Nov)

OCI card received at Vancouver on 13 January.
Can anyone advise how long will take to deliver the card to me ?
I have my flight on 18th Jan

Reactions: forw.jane

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
I recently received my OCI approval (date of ack - 10 Nov)

OCI card received at Vancouver on 13 January.
Can anyone advise how long will take to deliver the card to me ?
I have my flight on 18th Jan
5-7 days you will have in hand. Too tight for 18th, hope you have backup plan for evisa.

Last edited:

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019

1. I've made a draft for my OCI application to "consulate general of india - Toronto". The checklist have comma instead of hyphen. Should I request a new draft?
2. My Parents passport have their surname mentioned, however my cancelled passport has only their given name, so should I use parents name in the application as per their passport or use as per my passport?
3. I'm a Data Engineer. What occupation should I choose? - Professional, Private Service or Others?
7. There is a "National Identification Number" in the application. What should I fill there?

I would highly appreciate your response and any advise for postal application. Thank you!
1. Should be good enough as its mentioned in BLS site
2. Use as per yours
3. Private Service
6. Yes
7. Empty. Its a non mandatory field. We dont have one

4, 5 - It used to work before without sending one. Better to go with opinion of someone who did it recently as someone said in the forum there is a change in the process.

Reactions: BL007

devgn

Star Member
Sep 12, 2017
1. Demand drat should be as per, CGI Toronto website. And separate DD for BLS as well
The fees to be paid in the form of Money order or Demand draft in favor of “Consulate General of India, Toronto”.
2. use as per your passport..... your details will be matched
3. suggestion: Private, but use that closely matches.

4,5 All original

6. Not needed
7. If its optional leave it

You need Drivers lic. copy to send NOT original. every detail you entered has to be matched with the document. NOT A SINGLE extra character. I got Postal code twice, they rejected my application, in walk-in.

Mine is postal, I have sent all original and also need information on when does it get return, I mean does BLS returns or embassy return?

Sharkando

Star Member
Feb 20, 2017
Has anyone converted e-visa to OCI in India? We already applied for OCI but may not get by the time we are travelling. I can have OCI sent to India once we receive it here.

thepharmaguy

Star Member
Oct 6, 2020
Hi All...anyone you have applied for OCI through mail-in option; could you please confirm if we need to send original Canadian passport or if self attested copy is enough?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Has anyone converted e-visa to OCI in India? We already applied for OCI but may not get by the time we are travelling. I can have OCI sent to India once we receive it here.
I have not seen anyone sharing such info in the forum. Better would be to contact FRRO and get official info about it - https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/getting-back-to-canada-after-travelling-to-india-on-an-indian-passport.796707/page-3#post-10540385

This is online portal - https://indianfrro.gov.in/eservices/userlogin.jsp?disclaimer=1
See if its of any help.