CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
04-12-2020
AOR Received.
15-09-2020
Hi, I recently received my Canadian citizenship. I am currently living and working in the US on H1B visa. I flew to Canada for my oath ceremony and also got my new Canadian passport, and flew back to the US.

I have applied to surrender my Indian passport from the US. As soon as I get my renunciation certificate, I plan to apply for OCI (again, from the US). While going through the list of documents, I saw that we need "Proof of native address for non-US nationals living in the USA". I don't currently live in Canada and don't have a Canadian address that I can use. What could I submit as proof of native address? or is this an Indian address proof that I need to provide (in which case, I can give my aadhar card copy which has my Indian address where my parents live)?
Just curious -
1. Do you have to get a new H1B visa stamp once you change Citizenship to Canada (since Indian passport is invalid, which had last H1B stamp)
2. Do you also need an Amendment to existing H1B I-129 petition?
I heard that Canadians (Non Immigrant Intent with H1B Approval notice may not need H1B Stamp/Foil Physically?)
Please let me know, thanks

gaurav1282

Aug 20, 2013
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
I understand this question might have been asked before, but I am just ensuring the following things for a minor's OCI application are correct. If you can, please confirm the following-

1. The thumb impression of the child will only be in one place (below the picture) and will be uploaded digitally. There won't be any thumb impression of the child anywhere else in the application, even not under Application for minor child declaration.

2. Both parents' signatures are required where the *Application for Minor child is above the applicant's signature.

3. Any parent can self-attest the child's documents, such as a Canadian passport and birth certificate; both parents don't need to self-attest the child's documents.

If you can please confirm the above are true that would be great, thank you.
[/QUOTE

3-i called Up BLS and no guesses they said one can sign off but next time some one told both need to sign. So myself and my wife had to sign all documents.

1&2- minor if can sign need to sign where it’s applicants declaration- confirmed with bls. I remember they told me same for the thumb impression.

application for minor child- there also minor need to sign or thumb impression and below that both parents sign

Reactions: amanmander

sandy66

Dec 30, 2023
My Oci Minor application Processed 01/01/24 and Dispatch from New dehi 02/01/24 but not received in Toronto as of 09/01/24. Flight booked for 22 Jan. My question is what if I apply E-visa and if Oci comes at very end before I leave to canada. We can have 2 visas as a same time when u travel india??? Is there any issues with 2 visas??? Its pain as I don’t think i am getting it. Consulate send to BLS and BLS to purolator. Takes more time. All not working in weekend. Not even working at all I think.

sandy66

Dec 30, 2023
Anyone seen their OCI card received at Toronto consulate this year, unable to understand what’s happening, why they are not being received after dispatch from India.
Mine not received toronto till 09/01/24. Not giving proper Answers also. Try to get evida as flight to tAke 22 Jan.

$$harsh$$

Star Member
Jun 16, 2017
BLS Brampton

Date Of Acknowledgment19-DEC-2023
Registration Status at MissionTORONTO
OCI Application StatusUNDER-PROCESS

Any idea when can I expect to receive the OCI?

Saumil311

Sep 16, 2021
Hello,

I am seeking assistance as I have booked my ticket to India for January 16th, and I have not yet received my OCI.

I have contacted BLS, but they were unable to provide the necessary assistance. Additionally, I called CGI Toronto and sent them an email, but unfortunately, I have not received a reply.

Your help in resolving this matter is greatly appreciated.

OCI webiste shows
ocuments Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn29-DEC-2023
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn29-DEC-2023
Document received AtTORONTOOn04-JAN-2024

BLS website shows

Application StatusProcessing at Consulate General
Processing at Consulate General
I got the reply back from consulate General saying that OCI card has already been handed over to BLS.

Reactions: KNIGHTRIDER14