Med's Done....
23/05/2015 & 04/06/2015
Passport Req..
awaited
VISA ISSUED...
awaited
LANDED..........
awaited
OCI received at toronto consulate on 4th Jan., after that, no updates. Applied on 30 oct. 2023
Hi, what is your dispatch date from MEA

Rohit_Alg

Nov 12, 2018
I submitted 2 OCI applications at BLS Toronto today. There was no mistake with applications or photos. Unexpectedly they asked for spouse Canadian Passport Copies to be included in applications. We had some extra copies. They didn't accepted my Child's application as his birth certificate was missing apostille stamp (born in a European Country).

Overall good experience. Wait time about 1 hour after our appointment time. However, they charged for return courier charges. We asked for pickup option but they refused it's no longer available.

Is there a tracker available to update my application dates?

Reactions: desmat

singh1033

Apr 19, 2015
Hello,

I am seeking assistance as I have booked my ticket to India for January 16th, and I have not yet received my OCI.

I have contacted BLS, but they were unable to provide the necessary assistance. Additionally, I called CGI Toronto and sent them an email, but unfortunately, I have not received a reply.

Your help in resolving this matter is greatly appreciated.

OCI webiste shows
ocuments Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn29-DEC-2023
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn29-DEC-2023
Document received AtTORONTOOn04-JAN-2024

BLS website shows
Application StatusProcessing at Consulate General
Processing at Consulate General

einav

Nov 10, 2023
@singh1
Hello,

I am seeking assistance as I have booked my ticket to India for January 16th, and I have not yet received my OCI.

I have contacted BLS, but they were unable to provide the necessary assistance. Additionally, I called CGI Toronto and sent them an email, but unfortunately, I have not received a reply.

OCI webiste shows

BLS website shows

I don't know what to say but what if you can visit as Walk-in and talk with BLS Toronto or whatever Mission do you have?
My Document received At status is still showing nothing.

kyra15734

Star Member
Dec 21, 2020
Hi, I recently received my Canadian citizenship. I am currently living and working in the US on H1B visa. I flew to Canada for my oath ceremony and also got my new Canadian passport, and flew back to the US.

I have applied to surrender my Indian passport from the US. As soon as I get my renunciation certificate, I plan to apply for OCI (again, from the US). While going through the list of documents, I saw that we need "Proof of native address for non-US nationals living in the USA". I don't currently live in Canada and don't have a Canadian address that I can use. What could I submit as proof of native address? or is this an Indian address proof that I need to provide (in which case, I can give my aadhar card copy which has my Indian address where my parents live)?

amanmander

Jan 9, 2014
I understand this question might have been asked before, but I am just ensuring the following things for a minor's OCI application are correct. If you can, please confirm the following-

1. The thumb impression of the child will only be in one place (below the picture) and will be uploaded digitally. There won't be any thumb impression of the child anywhere else in the application, even not under Application for minor child declaration.

2. Both parents' signatures are required where the *Application for Minor child is above the applicant's signature.

3. Any parent can self-attest the child's documents, such as a Canadian passport and birth certificate; both parents don't need to self-attest the child's documents.

If you can please confirm the above are true that would be great, thank you.

ashokreddykk

Jan 20, 2022
Hi Friends,
As part of OCI application checklist, i noticed a strange requirement for marriage certificate. In my scenario, my wife is on visitor visa holder and I married her just 6 months back in canada and i got marriage certificate here in canada. Based on below requirement, do I need to wait for another 1 and half year to apply for OCI?
Please advise if any thoughts about this. Thank you!

"There should be two years gap between the date of marriage and date of OCI application.
(s)"

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hi Friends,
As part of OCI application checklist, i noticed a strange requirement for marriage certificate. In my scenario, my wife is on visitor visa holder and I married her just 6 months back in canada and i got marriage certificate here in canada. Based on below requirement, do I need to wait for another 1 and half year to apply for OCI?
Please advise if any thoughts about this. Thank you!

"There should be two years gap between the date of marriage and date of OCI application.
(s)"
That condition is in case you are applying OCI based on spouse Indian citizenship and you hold a foreign country citizenship(you were never Indian citizen).

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hello,

OCI webiste shows

BLS website shows

By end of this week you should have it. It justs for BLS to pick it from CGI and deliver it to you. Be prepared to apply for evisa if you don't see any progress till Friday.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hi, I recently received my Canadian citizenship. I am currently living and working in the US on H1B visa. I flew to Canada for my oath ceremony and also got my new Canadian passport, and flew back to the US.

I have applied to surrender my Indian passport from the US. As soon as I get my renunciation certificate, I plan to apply for OCI (again, from the US). While going through the list of documents, I saw that we need "Proof of native address for non-US nationals living in the USA". I don't currently live in Canada and don't have a Canadian address that I can use. What could I submit as proof of native address? or is this an Indian address proof that I need to provide (in which case, I can give my aadhar card copy which has my Indian address where my parents live)?
As you are Canadian, native address would be something in Canada. Best would be to contact BLS/VFS you applying at and see if Indian address would work.