OCI process

gaurav1282

Aug 20, 2013
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
Hello,

I have few questions, apologies if these are answered previously. I tried to search but could not locate.

1. Do I need to upload surrender certificate on OCI portal? I could not find a type for this.
2. For minor, earlier holding an Indian passport, should the Relationship with the Root Indian be mentioned as Self or Father/Mother?
3. Do I upload parents Indian (cancelled) passports for minor application? If yes, what type of document?
4. Is COPR required to be uploaded under Indian Visa?
5. Any harm if I upload some additional documents like marriage certificate, employment letter? I am reading different opinions if these are required or not.

1- Surrender certificate i combined with the passport copy and attached

2- I had similar question which forw.jane responded above- this should be Self

3- I included mine and my spouse cancelled passport copy with my child passport and surrender certificate. Word of caution this may breach the size and you may need to compress the PDF

4- You don't need COPR - but will let others pitch in. Indian visa - this is case where you apply for OCI while being in India while you have foreign passport

5- No harm in doing so, my only worry would be for marriage certificate (will self attested is ok or needs to be MEA attested. But again will let others step into respond.

Last edited:

vis9486

Star Member
Dec 7, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
SYDNEY,NS
App. Filed.......
19-09-2016
AOR Received.
22-12-2016
Med's Request
19-12-2018
Med's Done....
11-12-2018( upfront)
Passport Req..
WAITING
VISA ISSUED...
WAITING
LANDED..........
WAITING
Date of application: 01-Nov-2023
Date Of Acknowledgment08-NOV-2023
Registration Status at MissionVANCOUVER
Guys, How long will take it get my OCI?

cadftw2023

Nov 2, 2023
application date was Nov 24th and acknowledgement was December 27th. Any timeline on when I can get OCI?

Also - what does "date of acknowledgement" technically mean?

Jan 1, 2024
Hello Folks,

Anyone in same situation?

Application status on BLS site
Application date: Nov 24th, - Processing at CSG
Acknowledge OCI site: Dec 4th - Under process

Any clue when i can expect it to be processed?

Thank you.

Reactions: cadftw2023

Aryasen00

Dec 26, 2023
hey , Good Morning
I just Join and I applied OCI for my son. (BLS Brampton-Postal Application)
BLS Application date: 30/oct/2023
ACK high commission Date: 02/Dec/2023
Its in UNDER PROCESS.
My flight to India on 22/Jan/24. Is it possible to get OCI on Hand before that date??? or I can Apply E-tourist visa??? please Guide me. what if u got OCI on hand and u also have E-visa with you. is there any issues if u have two visas??? please let me know. thanks
Last month i was at embassy, they mentioned current processing time is 28–29 days