+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

shinyjoshua

Star Member
Jan 16, 2018
We sent our postal application for minor OCI on 10th of October. BLS website shows our child's name spelled wrong. We sent an enquiry to correct it but no update yet. Anyone had the same issue ?
Our timeline

October 8 2023 : OCI Minor online application submitted
October 10 ,2023 : Document sent
October 13th,2023 : BLS Tracking shows application received on October 13th
Applicants DOB error in tracking : Both application date and DOB were same and submitted an enquiry to correct it
October 21,2023 : BLS website says application under process. Application received date is now October 21.
DOB error was corrected and now applicants name spelling is wrong in the tracking website
October 22,2023 : Raised another enquiry to correct name
Similar boat. The BLS tracker shows misspelt name. Not sure how to proceed from here. Did you face any issue?

Newwapply

Dec 8, 2023
Quick question once oci gets processed can I call bls and ask them not to send out by purolator can they hold for counter pick up from bls ?

Jyoti071

Star Member
Nov 8, 2023
Similar boat. The BLS tracker shows misspelt name. Not sure how to proceed from here. Did you face any issue?
This had happened to us as well. BLS site had spelled my husband’s name wrong but it was right on the application form uploaded. When it came up on OCI site it was all correct as it was on application. BLS people make multiple errors on their site I’ve noticed. Check your application and if it’s right then don’t worry about it.

Reactions: shinyjoshua

Snehathomas

Star Member
Sep 5, 2019
Question regarding attestation of Marriage Certificate by MEA.
I have my Canadian passport and my Indian Passport has my spouse name, but my husband's Indian passport doesn't have my name under spouse. Does it mean we have to submit our marriage certificate when applying for our child's OCI? If so, then it needs to be attested by MEA? Any possibility of doing the attestation from Canada?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Question regarding attestation of Marriage Certificate by MEA.
I have my Canadian passport and my Indian Passport has my spouse name, but my husband's Indian passport doesn't have my name under spouse. Does it mean we have to submit our marriage certificate when applying for our child's OCI? If so, then it needs to be attested by MEA? Any possibility of doing the attestation from Canada?
You don't need it.

Registered Marriage Certificate
The copy of Registered Marriage Certificate of the parents is required to be enclosed. If, the spouse name is endorsed in either parent’s Indian Passport, then copy of Registered Marriage Certificate is not mandatory.

Snehathomas

Star Member
Sep 5, 2019
You don't need it.

Registered Marriage Certificate
The copy of Registered Marriage Certificate of the parents is required to be enclosed. If, the spouse name is endorsed in either parent’s Indian Passport, then copy of Registered Marriage Certificate is not mandatory.
Thank you. Yes, I read that and by seeing 'either parent's' was a bit confusing as to it meant anyone or both. Thanks for clarifying