+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

Hr2019

Jul 13, 2019
Ottawa is processing really fast these days :) . Please do update when you get it too. Should have it in hand in 7-10 days.
@Hr2019 - Any update for you?
Hey, OCI got processed today 15 December for me too.
Date of Acknowledgement 8 November.
I opted for pickup at BLS Montreal, can I expect ready to pickup update sometime next week?

samjadwet

Nov 19, 2023
OCI Postal Application

Brampton BLS Postal Application
Application Sent : 03-Nov-2023
Application Delivered : 06-Nov-2023
BLS - Application Date : 09-Nov-2023
BLS - Underprocess : 18-Nov-2023
BLS - Processing at Consulate General : 20-Nov-2023
OCI - Date of Acknowledgement : 15-Dec-2023
Pls update of the progress thank you
Mine is as same time as urs but dont see any update on oci

Reactions: Andavarayan

samjadwet

Nov 19, 2023
Quick question for the forum members i see that some people says ottawa is fast vancouver is slow so my concern is oci is made in india or outside consulate

citi4raj

Champion Member
Oct 30, 2018
Brampton
Hi All,
Today I applied OCI as a Walk-in (Toronto) for my minor son (born in Canada), as I had prior experience applying OCI and I know the process. The whole process took 20 mins
Two things I learned,
1. For any fault in the application they will charge 30 CAD, to modify the form. ( for me thumb impression was the issue). they can easily modify the existing form.
2. For the minor application both parents' signature is required on Page '3'.
total they charge me 80.12 CAD ...
For point 2- I submitted with only one parent signature in bls brampton for my minor application
point 1- no issues they raised

without any issues including courier , they charged 55$ extra on top of 345$ for OCI.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Quick question for the forum members i see that some people says ottawa is fast vancouver is slow so my concern is oci is made in india or outside consulate
Things happening in Canada for the application seems to define the speed. What happens in India seems to be standard.
For e.g. For Ottawa you get an entry on OCI website within 3-7 days but take 2-3 weeks in Toronto

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hey, OCI got processed today 15 December for me too.
Date of Acknowledgement 8 November.
I opted for pickup at BLS Montreal, can I expect ready to pickup update sometime next week?
Yes, you should see received at date on OCI site and after that Ready for collection on BLS tracker.

Reactions: Hr2019

nishant872

Star Member
May 28, 2018
In case of spouse being a homemaker and part time student, what should we submit? Explanation letter? Any format if someone can share?

antman88

Feb 16, 2022
Update on my OCI application:

BLS Application: Oct 23
CGI Acknowledgement: Nov 22
Printing Status Processed/ Dispatched from MEA/ Received in Toronto: Dec 15

BLS has not changed status since this update came through just today. I'm planning on emailing the CGI and BLS to expedite my delivery since I'm flying out Dec 21st evening - being rather hopeful but no harm trying. Have the eVisa but would rather travel with it this time around if possible. Any thoughts/ experience around how long the last few steps take? I'm assuming it goes from CGI to BLS and then to me.

@eas2lv if you'd like to update the tracker. Thank for setting it up and managing it!

Last edited:
Reactions: eas2lv

aghuman

Jul 18, 2018
Hey
Can we able to pick oci directly from bls brampton after this status?
(Counter Delivery to BLS Centre after OCI stamping)

Sapru

Oct 11, 2017
Canada
Hey
Can we able to pick oci directly from bls brampton after this status?
(Counter Delivery to BLS Centre after OCI stamping)
You'd have to call them and stop them from dispatching it.. then the collection time in Brampton is from 3-4 pm ET.. In case they dispatch it (they usually do that between 1-3 pm), they cannot hand it over..

Sapru

Oct 11, 2017
Canada
You'd have to call them and stop them from dispatching it.. then the collection time in Brampton is from 3-4 pm ET.. In case they dispatch it (they usually do that between 1-3 pm), they cannot hand it over..
I'd say if you can, wait for another day.. it usually gets delivered the next day..

puneetv1988

Nov 26, 2023
Status of My Application on BLS site got changed to "Processing at Consulate" on 8th Dec. IF I try to track it on Indian Gov website then it says No record. Does it take time for embassy to update on government website ?

aghuman

Jul 18, 2018
How manys days it takes to deliver after processed status?