+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Does it make a difference if we choose "Professional" or "Private" in our occupation? Or should we use the "Other" field and specify the exact title mentioned in the employment letter?
They are only interested to know if you working for the government. Other things don't matter. You can go with Private.

Reactions: kellyCB

SyedAli786

Jan 18, 2019
Hi All,
Today I applied OCI as a Walk-in (Toronto) for my minor son (born in Canada), as I had prior experience applying OCI and I know the process. The whole process took 20 mins
Two things I learned,
1. For any fault in the application they will charge 30 CAD, to modify the form. ( for me thumb impression was the issue). they can easily modify the existing form.
2. For the minor application both parents' signature is required on Page '3'.
total they charge me 80.12 CAD ...

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Quick question on place of birth:
  • On my Indian passport it only mentions the city - "Mumbai"
  • On my Canadian passport it says - "Mumbai IND"
  • On the OCI application, the state field is not optional, and it comes out as - "Mumbai, Maharashtra, India".
Has anyone else had this issue? Will the 12th fail jokers at BLS make noise about this and use this to scam $$ out of me? There doesn't seem to be anything I can do in this case since both my Indian and Canadian passports have City name only but the OCI application can't be filled without the state name.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/oci-process.254662/post-10640917

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
I submitted my OCI and kept "IND" next to my Place of birth just as canadian passport. So, it came out in the application as CITY NAME "IND", STATE NAME, INDIA,. It was accepted with no question asked. I always go to BLS in HULK mode means soon as they pop any problem in the application I am always ready to fight. These people always triggers me, TBH.
Crime Master GoGo.. Aaya Hoon OCI Leke Jaaunga

• Haha
Reactions: hrb3

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Thanks Abbas. I did put only the city but as you know on the OCI application it comes out as City, State, India. Since State isn't mentioned in our indian or canadian passports, did you have to provide an affidavit of some sort or did they accept it as is?
No I did not have to provide the affidavit for my OCI application.
Like I said, when you type OCI application the online form asks you to select the city and then the state which is perfectly fine. no affidavit required in that case

PoB on Indian PP:

PoB on OCI Application Form:

PoB on the OCI Card:

Last edited:
Reactions: kellyCB

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Quick question on place of birth:
  • On my Indian passport it only mentions the city - "Mumbai"
  • On my Canadian passport it says - "Mumbai IND"
  • On the OCI application, the state field is not optional, and it comes out as - "Mumbai, Maharashtra, India".
Has anyone else had this issue? Will the 12th fail jokers at BLS make noise about this and use this to scam $$ out of me? There doesn't seem to be anything I can do in this case since both my Indian and Canadian passports have City name only but the OCI application can't be filled without the state name.
That's how its for everyone as Canadian passport writes place followed by the three letter country code. In OCI application write Mumbai and choose state and country as you have done.

Boviesam

Jun 21, 2015
AOR Received.
06-05-2017
Oci app for minor
Application date Oct 20, 2023
Date Of Acknowledgment Nov 17 2023

Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn13-DEC-2023
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn14-DEC-2023
Document received AtTORONTOOn14-DEC-2023
Bls status :

(Counter Delivery to BLS Centre after OCI stamping)
Same timeline. Mine dispatched as well Dec 14. Good luck to all who are waiting. And thank you very much for the tracker, it really helped.

Andavarayan

Star Member
Jan 23, 2018
OCI Postal Application

Brampton BLS Postal Application
Application Sent : 03-Nov-2023
Application Delivered : 06-Nov-2023
BLS - Application Date : 09-Nov-2023
BLS - Underprocess : 18-Nov-2023
BLS - Processing at Consulate General : 20-Nov-2023
OCI - Date of Acknowledgement : 15-Dec-2023

Reactions: eas2lv

appar

Nov 24, 2017
Quebec
Category........
FSW
OCI processed today 15 December. Acknowledgement date was 10 November so exactly 5 weeks.
Dispatch and delivery pending.

To clarify, I had sent a postal application to BLS Ottawa and sent no original documents, only self attested copies.

Reactions: forw.jane

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
OCI processed today 15 December. Acknowledgement date was 10 November so exactly 5 weeks.
Dispatch and delivery pending.

To clarify, I had sent a postal application to BLS Ottawa and sent no original documents, only self attested copies.
Ottawa is processing really fast these days :) . Please do update when you get it too. Should have it in hand in 7-10 days.
@Hr2019 - Any update for you?

Reactions: Hr2019