+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

Jyoti071

Star Member
Nov 8, 2023
Thanks
Did you put city as "Lyallpur" and country as "India" or "Pakistan"?
So both my parents were born in undivided India. I was instructed by Consulate staff to always write original name of village/city/district and country as India because there was no Pakistan back then. I have now always done that without issue.

Reactions: dm31810

Mishti

Mar 22, 2016
Thanks
Did you put city as "Lyallpur" and country as "India" or "Pakistan"?
If I remember correctly I wrote India because technically Pakistan was not even there. But they did ask for documents and asked specific questions like "Were any of your parents or Grandparents born in Pakistan or Undivided India? Did you or your parents migrate to Imdia from Pakistan or another country?
These questions were asked in an email and my answe was no. I submitted documents showing our nationality.

Reactions: dm31810

Newwapply

Dec 8, 2023
Anyone received oci applied from Surrey acknowledgement date around 25th October?
If some one did please mention.
That will be helpful because we have booked ticket for December 28th

kellyCB

Feb 8, 2023
Quick question on place of birth:
  • On my Indian passport it only mentions the city - "Mumbai"
  • On my Canadian passport it says - "Mumbai IND"
  • On the OCI application, the state field is not optional, and it comes out as - "Mumbai, Maharashtra, India".
Has anyone else had this issue? Will the 12th fail jokers at BLS make noise about this and use this to scam $$ out of me? There doesn't seem to be anything I can do in this case since both my Indian and Canadian passports have City name only but the OCI application can't be filled without the state name.

hrb3

Aug 1, 2018
Quick question on place of birth:
  • On my Indian passport it only mentions the city - "Mumbai"
  • On my Canadian passport it says - "Mumbai IND"
  • On the OCI application, the state field is not optional, and it comes out as - "Mumbai, Maharashtra, India".
Has anyone else had this issue? Will the 12th fail jokers at BLS make noise about this and use this to scam $$ out of me? There doesn't seem to be anything I can do in this case since both my Indian and Canadian passports have City name only but the OCI application can't be filled without the state name.
I submitted my OCI and kept "IND" next to my Place of birth just as canadian passport. So, it came out in the application as CITY NAME "IND", STATE NAME, INDIA,. It was accepted with no question asked. I always go to BLS in HULK mode means soon as they pop any problem in the application I am always ready to fight. These people always triggers me, TBH.

Reactions: desmat

Babbu maan

Nov 7, 2016
Oci app for minor
Application date Oct 20, 2023
Date Of Acknowledgment Nov 17 2023

Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn13-DEC-2023
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn14-DEC-2023
Document received AtTORONTOOn14-DEC-2023
Bls status :
(Counter Delivery to BLS Centre after OCI stamping)

kellyCB

Feb 8, 2023
Does it make a difference if we choose "Professional" or "Private" in our occupation? Or should we use the "Other" field and specify the exact title mentioned in the employment letter?