Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Have processing time for OCI Picked up pace after e-visa restored ?
No signs of it yet in Toronto. Ack has been continuously slowing down for two months, even before the entry visa opened, and that trend has only continued. They have still managed to complete the process in the minimal 20-21 days after Ack, though that also has slightly slowed down in last week -- hopefully a temporary blip.

From what I have heard, reviewing applications before they can be acknowledged is the most time consuming part of the process for the CGI staff. With over a hundred applications daily, backlog accumulated over a month will take time to clear. My feeling is that it will be some time before we start seeing Ack in 2 weeks again.

aghuman

Jul 18, 2018
No signs of it yet in Toronto. Ack has been continuously slowing down for two months, even before the entry visa opened, and that trend has only continued. They have still managed to complete the process in the minimal 20-21 days after Ack, though that also has slightly slowed down in last week -- hopefully a temporary blip.

From what I have heard, reviewing applications before they can be acknowledged is the most time consuming part of the process for the CGI staff. With over a hundred applications daily, backlog accumulated over a month will take time to clear. My feeling is that it will be some time before we start seeing Ack in 2 weeks again.
Hey i got my ack on 20Nov applied walin on 21 oct
Do u think i will get it before my flight 26 dec

suresh_11in

Star Member
Dec 15, 2009
OCI for minor got processed today. Hopefully, would receive it in next week. Thanks everyone.

Date Of Acknowledgment08-NOV-2023
Registration Status at MissionTORONTO
Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn30-NOV-2023
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn
Document received AtTORONTOOn

Reactions: eas2lv

tri-junction

Star Member
Sep 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14th May'14
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
30th Aug'14 (PER)
Med's Request
21st Oct'14
Med's Done....
15th Nov'14
Passport Req..
DM on 21st Feb15
If BLS sends the application to CGI does that mean we are good with documentation part or still there are chances that CGI finds issues/errors and sends the application back for correction/resubmission?

Can2Indtrip

Nov 2, 2023
OCI processed today with process date of Nov30. Still dispatch and other date is blank for now .. hope they deliver it in a week …

jaygill

Star Member
Feb 3, 2016
Category........
App. Filed.......
14-02-2019
OCI processed today with process date of Nov30. Still dispatch and other date is blank for now .. hope they deliver it in a week …
At Vancouver? What was the acknowledgment date?
For my Application, Acknowledgment date is Oct 18th and my travel date is Dec 18. So wondering if I apply for e-visa?

Reactions: Desikatta

kalebhushan

Star Member
Apr 4, 2018
Mumbai IN
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-09-2018
Med's Done....
27-09-2018
Passport Req..
25-01-2019
OCI Processed on 30th Nov.
dispatched and received dates not updated yet.
Might sound naive but just confirming that this will received as a purolator delivery at my residence if it was a walk in application. Loc: Toronto.

Reactions: eas2lv

OldBoy31

Star Member
Sep 6, 2016
Hello,

Can anyone share OCI tracker link? Can you add me as well.
Here are my details:
BLS Brampton, postal application
Application sent to BLS: 13th Nov
BLS application received: 16th nov
Sent to consulate Nov 21
Processing at consulate: Nov 23

I'm planning to visit India at the end of January, do you think I will get OCI by then?