+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

ShamsQUEBEC

May 8, 2016
Hi guys,

Just wondering how long does it gonna take to receive the OCI once it arrived in Ottawa.
Pick up - BLS Montreal

my OCI was processed on 24th Nov and it reached Ottawa on 29th Nov. my flight is on 6th December

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hi guys,

Just wondering how long does it gonna take to receive the OCI once it arrived in Ottawa.
Pick up - BLS Montreal

my OCI was processed on 24th Nov and it reached Ottawa on 29th Nov. my flight is on 6th December
I have seen it taking a week too. So it will be very tight for you. I hope you get it before your trip.

Reactions: ShamsQUEBEC

Can2Indtrip

Nov 2, 2023
@eas2lv .. is processing steps changed for Toronto too ? I don’t see dates on dispatched and arrived date and can see dates only on processed section in OCI status website …I hope they don’t delay dispatch ..

Last edited:

KarthikVV

Jul 23, 2018
Expect to show up on OCI web site by next week.
Also, It is little tight. Since, it is Minor, so some people gets faster. i would advise you to wait till 3rd Jan, if nothing comes up, then eVisa is option.
I have same case (Minor), but applied through BLS. Got Ack today at OCI web site. Travel date is 29th Dec
Thank you for reply, appreciate it.
But i was told with Evisa we can stay in India only for 60 days. Is that true ?
Also how long does it take to process. ?
Can i wait till December 25th for OCI ?

Adi_16

Star Member
May 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My status so far:
Application date : 2023-Oct-13 (Walk-in at BLS Toronto)
Date of acknowledgement : 2023-Nov-07
Documents Printing Status - PROCESSED : 2023-Nov-30
Dispatched From MEA (OCI ) - NEW DELHI : 2023-Dec-01
Document received At - TORONTO : 2023-Dec-01

Thank you so much for the great work being done here!

Reactions: v_nash and eas2lv

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
@eas2lv .. is processing steps changed for Toronto too ? I don’t see dates on dispatched and arrived date and can see dates only on processed section in OCI status website …I hope they don’t delay dispatch ..
If the process was done late in the day the rest of the steps can spill over to the next day. They were falling behind and are catching up as today they processed both 7th and 8th Acks, so likely to be a lot more applications than usual. Wait for tomorrow.

Last edited:

Can2Indtrip

Nov 2, 2023
If the process was done late in the day the rest can spill over to the next day. They were falling behind and are catching up as today they processed both 7th and 8th Acks, so likely to be a lot more applications than usual. Wait for tomorrow.
Vow great .. thanks for your insight..

Doom__V

May 6, 2018
OCI for Minor:
Walk-In Application in Toronto: Nov 2nd 2023

Still not yet approved. :( Shows "No records found" in https://ociservices.gov.in/statusEnqury
Even if I go to "Retrieve Forget Details" and give DOB & Passport number, to check the tracking number is correct or not. It still says "No records found". I'm worried CGI didn't even receive the application. Should i call BLS and check ? Please advice.

Travel Planned for Jan 7th to India. Is it possible ? Please advice.
Looks tight. They are still on to ack.
After Ack at OCI site it’s taking roughly 22 calendar days. + any holidays.

keep open mind for eVisa. Since you have original with you.
I am stuck with my original passport at CGI since I did postal application.

Reactions: KarthikVV

Doom__V

May 6, 2018
No signs of it yet in Toronto. Ack has been continuously slowing down for two months, even before the entry visa opened, and that trend has only continued. They have still managed to complete the process in the minimal 20-21 days after Ack, though that also has slightly slowed down in last week -- hopefully a temporary blip.

From what I have heard, reviewing applications before they can be acknowledged is the most time consuming part of the process for the CGI staff. With over a hundred applications daily, backlog accumulated over a month will take time to clear. My feeling is that it will be some time before we start seeing Ack in 2 weeks again.
The OCI application being processed right now are from the no eVisa time.

so it will be Jan when you will see the impact of eVisa opening up.
Right now it is that heavy load that was created during the crisis time.

Doom__V

May 6, 2018
Hello,

Can anyone share OCI tracker link? Can you add me as well.
Here are my details:
BLS Brampton, postal application
Application sent to BLS: 13th Nov
BLS application received: 16th nov
Sent to consulate Nov 21
Processing at consulate: Nov 23

I'm planning to visit India at the end of January, do you think I will get OCI by then?
Looking at trends you should be good to get OCI by Jan end.
Look out for Ack from consulate on website.
Just hoping things don’t slow down during holidays

Reactions: OldBoy31