+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

desmat

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2018
How much time will it take to see status on oci website and how many more days for it to process?
Submitted around first week of Nov at bls and still showing processing at consulate as status on bls website even after 4 weeks..

Last edited:

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Can anyone tell me rationale behind uploading all documents online and then still submitting photocopies of all at BLS to send to consulate?

If uploading online then why do they need physical copies?
If submitted physical copies then why do they need us to upload them?
I will tell you a story..
Back in 2005(yeah I am that primitive species), I was trying to get a driving license in Dubai
As part of the process I had to do some driving classes with an instructor.
While driving I saw another car speeding and cutting into my lane without the indicator. I told the instructor WTF... The instructor said, he got the license you need to get one so follow the process :p
To baat aise hain ke jo maanga hain waisa karne kaa warna BLS main extra time or paisa bharne kaa kya... (follow the process)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: ravs0727 and desmat

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Date Of Acknowledgment18-OCT-2023
Registration Status at MissionOTTAWA
OCI- Number
------​
Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn23-NOV-2023
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn24-NOV-2023
Document received AtOTTAWAOn30-NOV-2023

Finally.

@forw.jane could you please update the tracker. thanks.
Did you receive the OCI in hand?

wolf1989

Star Member
Jun 1, 2017
Can anyone tell me rationale behind uploading all documents online and then still submitting photocopies of all at BLS to send to consulate?

If uploading online then why do they need physical copies?
If submitted physical copies then why do they need us to upload them?
Because you don't want them to struggle with the scanner for each application and then scan all those supporting documents. It is already very slow.

desmat

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2018
Because you don't want them to struggle with the scanner for each application and then scan all those supporting documents. It is already very slow.
Still does not make sense. Why do you need paper copies then if already scanned and submitted online..

peep

Dec 16, 2011
chandigarh
Visa Office......
chc chandigarh
App. Filed.......
04-04-2018
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
05-04-2018
Med's Request
11-04-2018
Med's Done....
11-04-2018
Interview........
not required
VISA ISSUED...
not yet
LANDED..........
not yet
OCI card received yesterday

Reactions: eas2lv

Koki Sbrar

Jul 4, 2023
I had the same situation.
You only need name change certificate.
And use your new name (first and last name) in surrender certificate and oci application.
@gurkiratsingh .... thank you for your response.

just confirming ... So you did not make any self declaration or notarized affidavit for your surrender and OCI application ?.
did only attaching the self attested photo copy of the legal name change certificate work for you for both applications ?. Thank you again !!

desmat

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2018
Tera abhi tak chal raha hain bidu (you are still at it)

Zayada he mood main to bhai to sue karde ;)
Bhidu log faltoo ke reply karke usko defend kar rahe so uss faltoo mag ko reply kiya bas.. it is what it is.. Can't change world so change yourself.. bade log badi baatein ;)