+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

samjadwet

Nov 19, 2023
You think so? Bcoz I am reading many chains here ack date is Nov 1 and processed Nov 21 and dispatch and receive a week
Yes cos some people are getting confused with consulate acknowledgment and not oci the whole process from the day u submit to bls is 45 days plus minus to get in hand

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Yes cos some people are getting confused with consulate acknowledgment and not oci the whole process from the day u submit to bls is 45 days plus minus to get in hand
Where did you hear that? The current timeline in Toronto is about 30 days to get Ack after reaching the consulate and 22 days from Ack for process update. After that a few days for delivery. See trends here: OCI Tracker - Toronto

steveD

Dec 4, 2012
Hi All,

Finally OCI processed today - 29th Nov.
Application : BLS (Brampton - Walk in) - 12th Oct
Acknowledgement : 3rd Nov(Late Evening).

@eas2lv - Please update tracker accordingly.
Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn29-NOV-2023
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn
Document received AtTORONTOOn

Reactions: eas2lv

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Some changes to OCI tracker for Toronto

I will continue managing the read-only tracker sheet for applications submitted before 31st October. Please continue to post your updates here.

As the crisis period is effectively over, for new applications let's use an openly editable tracker linked here: OCI Tracker - Toronto (New). The old data will continue to live at its original location: OCI Tracker - Toronto (Crisis Period)

Please try to keep the dates accurate. New comers, pay attention to the meaning of OCI Acknowledgement date -- (It is not the same as BLS acknowledgement). Also note that for postal applications, the "Applicaton Date" shown on BLS status site could keep changing until it is sent to the consulate. Update to the latest date as and when it becomes available.

Last edited:
Reactions: v_nash and Immubhai

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Yes, I was thinking the same based on OCI tracker and thinking it will take 3 weeks plus 1 wk to receive
My current projection for you is Dec 26th assuming the recent process slow down is temporary. But that doesn't account for year end holidays.

Reactions: Immubhai

SSAN

Nov 20, 2023
Application date - Oct 26
Postal application

acknowledgment date - Nov 29,2023

question-
I had submitted my original canadian passport along with the application .
I am planning to go to CGi toronto and request them to give me my original passport .
Will it work?
I have ticket booked for Dec 8.
Hi, please update if you were able to get passport by visiting cgi directly

Reactions: Dv.harsh

bd2017

Mar 20, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney
Vancouver folks, how long does it take BLS to update their status/ship out OCI once OCI is processed and received by BLS?

ravs0727

Star Member
Aug 9, 2017
Just because they can manipulate you, they do!
I was caught in these antics and they are holding my passport. They are restricting my right to travel. Now when I ask, they say I should not have sent originals only the attested copies.
I asked about the courier fees, they said if I would have called I could get the link for only 2 courier (1 pick up, 1 drop off).

Just call them and get the link.
In which jurisdiction did you apply?

ravs0727

Star Member
Aug 9, 2017
Hi all just an update from me...Postal OCI application - Toronto - BLS received Oct 19- Application date Oct 26 "Processing at CGI", Nov 29 Acknowledgment date on OCI portal today
Did you submit original passport in your postal application or provided only attested copies?

bzbee

Star Member
May 24, 2023
Need some guidance here: My husband got his 1 yr e-visa in Sept. Since then he has changed his legal name and gotten a new passport. He mailed his OCI application last week, but may need to travel to India before his OCI is approved for family emergency. Can he travel to India with e-visa in his old name and passport with new name? He will carry his old passport along for reference. Or should he apply again for e-visa with his new name? The e-visa notes section mentions this but not sure if its applicable for new passport with name changed. "Applicant must arrive with the same passport as mentioned above. However, entry may be allowed on the new passport even if ETA has been issued on the old passport, but in that case the traveler must carry the old passport on which ETA was issued."
Thanks!

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Need some guidance here: My husband got his 1 yr e-visa in Sept. Since then he has changed his legal name and gotten a new passport. He mailed his OCI application last week, but may need to travel to India before his OCI is approved for family emergency. Can he travel to India with e-visa in his old name and passport with new name? He will carry his old passport along for reference. Or should he apply again for e-visa with his new name? The e-visa notes section mentions this but not sure if its applicable for new passport with name changed. "Applicant must arrive with the same passport as mentioned above. However, entry may be allowed on the new passport even if ETA has been issued on the old passport, but in that case the traveler must carry the old passport on which ETA was issued."
Thanks!
For such things I wouldn't trust advice from an informal forum like this. Email or call the consulate and ask. For Toronto: cons.toronto@mea.gov.in or 416-960-0751

Reactions: bzbee