+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

rajset1234

Star Member
Feb 28, 2018
Sending again.....

There is no concern if holding both visa and OCI (or if OCI is still in process, when u are travelling....). It doesn't gets cancelled, its just that if you have both, OCI takes priority.

I previously had e-Visa as OCI was not yet in hand. When i arrived at India Immigration, the officer said he doesn't have to look at my visa, since his system already shows that my OCI is approved .. and just let me pass....
@Saps - So you are saying, you approached the port of entry with a e-visa (and your OCI was approved but you did not get the booklet in hand before boarding your flight), and at the port, the officer saw in the system that there was an OCI approved against your name and allowed you to enter without even looking at the evisa and let you enter based on the OCI number in the system (and not even having the booklet in hand to produce to the officer)? Could you please clarify?

ersandee

Jul 12, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
LANDED..........
25-03-2019
Based on the current trend , When shall we expect the OCI to be processed ?
Date of Ack is 17th October and submitted at Edmonton BLS

Can any one suggest the latest day in the worst scenario ?
Currently processing time is 42 days from the date of ACK plus 6 days for delivery. I would guess Dec first week.

Reactions: mnair.anop
Jul 2, 2019
Currently processing time is 42 days from the date of ACK plus 6 days for delivery. I would guess Dec first week.
I think you have said wrongly , it should be 42days from the day of submission in BLS not from the day of acknowledgement

It should be around 42 - 45 days

Not sure as per December / Christmas time-frame it would be even 50days from the day of submission in BLS

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
I think you have said wrongly , it should be 42days from the day of submission in BLS not from the day of acknowledgement

It should be around 42 - 45 days

Not sure as per December / Christmas time-frame it would be even 50days from the day of submission in BLS
You seem to be looking at Toronto tracker and my projections in there and commenting about Vancouver... Two different things.
Comment by ersandee was related to Vancouver. Oct 5 Acks are just getting processed in Vancouver, hence 42 days from Ack, not submission. Submission to Ack in Vancouver is variable but not longer than a week in most cases.
Its hard to extrapolate to December as its one long wait from Ack to process in Vancouver unlike in Toronto.

Secondly, do not read too much into the projections shown in Toronto tracker -- its a highly optimistic estimate.

Jul 2, 2019
Make sense thanks for the update

You seem to be looking at Toronto tracker and my projections in there and commenting about Vancouver... Two different things.
Comment by ersandee was related to Vancouver. Oct 5 Acks are just getting processed in Vancouver, hence 42 days from Ack, not submission. Submission to Ack in Vancouver is variable but not longer than a week in most cases.
Its hard to extrapolate to December as its one long wait from Ack to process in Vancouver unlike in Toronto.

Secondly, do not read too much into the projections shown in Toronto tracker -- its a highly optimistic estimate.

Reactions: ersandee
Jul 2, 2019
Thanks for the update

Reactions: ersandee

Kuttus19

Nov 14, 2023
Oci time line for 2 minor applications at Toronto
Application date : Oct 6
Ack date: Oct 26 and 27
Processed : Nov 16 and 17
Counter delivery at Bls Toronto : Nov 16 and 17
Waiting for home delivery for purolater

Reactions: eas2lv