Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
@yaros did your friend get any update (the OCI renewal case) -- I was expecting to see processed update at 4 weeks point.

zeninmaking

Jul 18, 2018
I would suggest that for minor child, call their number +1 289 498 1320 , and then select 1 for new application and 3 for OCI. you may have to listen to music for 15 mins. And speak with any agent. Hopefully if you get Shalini, she is most knowledgeable and helpful. Sometime you will end up talking to a rookie, you will know that immedeatly. I suggest disconnect and call again to speak to someone who knows their job.

I included my employment letter, as well as a copy of passport of my parents, just to prove the reasons why I want to go to India. not needed but jusst included as I read it somewhere on the website.

Yes, The only original thing which I sent in the packet was the passport photo. Rest ALL were self attested documents. The checklist is. helpful. make sure you refer to that

I went to post office and got two money orders. One in favour of CGI india for 341 + 4 =CAD 345 , other in favour of BLS India for 7.40 + 40 = CAD 47.40 (guessed return via purolator cost is 35 so added 5 for safety). And sent it via Canada Post. Which costed 18 dollars for trackable service. Money order each was 9 dollar service fee at CAnada post office.

if your bank allows you cheaper draft service OR for free, then go for that. For me, Canada post office was cheaper and closer to my house

But my advise is just send the draft of 7.40 for BLS and for courier pickup and delivery, call them and get the link. They seem to be happier about that,

Although the website says that you can consolidate that amount in one draft for BLS, which I did but apprantly BLS staff didnt like that so had to call them a few times to push them

The staff should also be able to tell you that if you can consolidate the CGI amount or BLS amounts in one cheque for both you and your minor child application. but confirm before doing that.
Thank you for this detailed info. Just curious as to why you are suggesting to call BLS for the minor - is there a different process?

yaros

Star Member
Jan 19, 2016
@yaros did your friend get any update (the OCI renewal case) -- I was expecting to see processed update at 4 weeks point.
Do you think there's a number to call and confirm why there's delay?

It's ridiculous that Renewal takes longer than Fresh OCI (Thinking may be fees is only 35$ for renewal so they don't put much effort into it or if it goes to different department)

Oct 21, 2023

It's ridiculous that Renewal takes longer than Fresh OCI (Thinking may be fees is only 35$ for renewal so they don't put much effort into it or if it goes to different department)
I'm in the same boat since I'm also a renewal, given by the single data point we have on the tracker looks like it does take a little longer. I'm still waiting for my ack.

• Sad
Reactions: SN906 and yaros

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......

She could email the consulate at oci.toronto@mea.gov.in but may be more useful to go in person at open house time (Wednesdays 3 to 4:30pm).

Reactions: yaros

Absinthetx

Star Member
Jun 10, 2013
For minor application guideline on the BLS website states "Thumb impression for Minor less than five years " My son is 6 years old, do i have to take thumb impression this case ?

einav

Nov 10, 2023
@eas2lv Please add my daughter's OCI application to the tracker.

OCI Application - Walkin
OCI Application submitted - 03 Nov, 2023

BLS Application status "Processing at Consulate General"
OCI Status - No record found
No acknowledgement

Reactions: eas2lv

kadir.ayubi

Star Member
Jun 26, 2014
How is the walk-in wait times at the Brampton BLS and Toronto BLS nowadays? If anyone did a recent walk-in at one of these locations? Does one still have to line-up way early in the morning (like 3 AMish)?

Neerja

Star Member
Jul 24, 2017
We are travelling and OCI is expected to arrive during same time. Whats the process if not received at the delivery address?

yaros

Star Member
Jan 19, 2016
@eas2lv We got response from OCI team they said "OCI process goes through a clearance process from the Ministry of Home Affairs, which cannot be interfered with."

Not sure if it's a standard response. Anyone you came across on this thread who got same response?

tiwana1991

Nov 7, 2023
Hello Everyone.

Finally some update as below

Vanocuver BLS walk-in applied-Sept/27
ACK - Oct/05/2023
Processed- Nov/17
BLS webiste -Still processing at Consulate
Any idea when I can get this ?

Also me and my husband applied for Entry visa on Nov/09 and today passports has been dispatched after stmaping visa and will deliver today. So this was fast.

Further me and my husband applied for OCI as well on Oct/19- but ACK- Nov/01 and that is sill under process.

Reactions: ersandee

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
OCI Ack Date - Nov 9. No email notification. Was engaged in Entry Visa so was not able to update.
Which one is this -- we have two (Oct 13 and 16) under your name.
Ack does not generate an email -- only OCI site update.