Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
i will drive to the Toronto consulate today itself to ask this question but i would not be allowed upstairs until it is wed open house and so i would have to wait till next wed and even then, there are like atleast 50 people attending that open house. Also, the consulate is not answering phone calls either. If any of us can create a query on Sampark portal and ask this question, perhaps we may get an answer.
Emailing may be faster: cons.toronto@mea.gov.in

p@ul@

Oct 25, 2023
I got tracking numbers for both of my OCIs. Neither application's status has been updated on the BLS portal. Looks like BLS is either severely understaffed or overloaded with work or both
Quick question... If BLS portal is not updated, where from did u get tracking#?

vinothrampi

Sep 16, 2021
Hi All, just looking for some inputs,

OCI for New born
Applied at - Toronto (walkin)
Applied on- 6th Oct
BLS Application date - 10th Oct
OCI Ack date - 26th Oct
Processed - 16th Nov
Dispatched from MEA- No dates given
Document received at - No dates given

May I know how long will it take to receive the OCI in hand? will I get courier details before they send out OCI? TIA.

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Quick question... If BLS portal is not updated, where from did u get tracking#?
They sometimes add the tracking number as a note but still the status could stay as "Counter Delivery to BLS.. " or even "Processing at Consulate General"!

Reactions: p@ul@

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Hi All, just looking for some inputs,

OCI for New born
Applied at - Toronto (walkin)
Applied on- 6th Oct
BLS Application date - 10th Oct
OCI Ack date - 26th Oct
Processed - 16th Nov
Dispatched from MEA- No dates given
Document received at - No dates given

May I know how long will it take to receive the OCI in hand? will I get courier details before they send out OCI? TIA.
The other two dates should update soon -- today or tomorrow. For timelines see
OCI Tracker - Toronto

Reactions: vinothrampi

tiwana1991

Nov 7, 2023
Hello

Anyone with Vacnouver Oct/05 AKN date any update ?
My SON OCI still under process with BLS submitt date Sept/27 and AKN Oct/05.
Any idea when i can expect this to change to process?

• Sad
Reactions: pradeep86

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
The automatic visa cancellation on OCI approval is another speculation out there. Has anyone got that confirmed by the consulate? I know its possible to get new Visa while holding an OCI card -- I have done it in the past for a family member for some odd reasons. There were no questions from the consulate or at immigration where we presented the visa.
@rajset1234 I emailed the consulate with this question and got this short response from the Consul in charge of PCC and Visa (Mr. GS. Marwah).

"Yes"

My question was "Is the entry visa valid after approval of OCI as I may have to travel using it if I do not get OCI delivered in time." Now I leave it to you to figure what the meaning of "Yes" is. For me that is good enough though I had no concerns or doubt about it to start with.

Last edited:
Reactions: Saps and forw.jane

rajset1234

Star Member
Feb 28, 2018
hahaha @eas2lv - this shows your mindset vs my mindset. You are a positive person and you asked a 'positive' question and so you got an YES answer. I asked a negative question and MrMarwah answered with a NO. Here is what i asked and what he replied:

I asked: "If one has an OCI application in process, and during this timeframe, if she/he acquires a valid Entry visa and travels with it to India, and if the OCI is processed right during their flight to India, will this automatically cancel the entry visa on the passport of the traveller? Will this then prevent them from entering India as the traveller does not have the OCI booklet in hand (and they had already boarded their flight to India by the time the OCI courier landed at their doorstep), and the traveller presents a valid entry visa at the port of entry and the officer sees that there is an OCI against the traveller's name in the system?"
Reply was: "No"

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
hahaha @eas2lv - this shows your mindset vs my mindset. You are a positive person and you asked a 'positive' question and so you got an YES answer. I asked a negative question and MrMarwah answered with a NO. Here is what i asked and what he replied:

I asked: "If one has an OCI application in process, and during this timeframe, if she/he acquires a valid Entry visa and travels with it to India, and if the OCI is processed right during their flight to India, will this automatically cancel the entry visa on the passport of the traveller? Will this then prevent them from entering India as the traveller does not have the OCI booklet in hand (and they had already boarded their flight to India by the time the OCI courier landed at their doorstep), and the traveller presents a valid entry visa at the port of entry and the officer sees that there is an OCI against the traveller's name in the system?"
Reply was: "No"
Now, you can still wonder what the meaning of that "No" is. I'll leave the brooding to you .. haha.
Fortunately both your questions were negative -- wonder what would have happened if you framed it differently one requiring No, and other Yes!

Reactions: rajset1234

Vaibhavvd1281

Jan 2, 2021
Hello

Anyone with Vacnouver Oct/05 AKN date any update ?
My SON OCI still under process with BLS submitt date Sept/27 and AKN Oct/05.
Any idea when i can expect this to change to process?
I am in the same boat. Applied at BLS Calgary on 3rd Oct with Ack date of 5th Oct and still not change in status; neither at OCI services website nor at BLS. I had sent both of them an email but havent received any reply. Tried calling them a few times yesterday but couldnt get through to talk to anyone. Quite frustrating now.

• Angry
Reactions: pradeep86

tiwana1991

Nov 7, 2023
I am in the same boat. Applied at BLS Calgary on 3rd Oct with Ack date of 5th Oct and still not change in status; neither at OCI services website nor at BLS. I had sent both of them an email but havent received any reply. Tried calling them a few times yesterday but couldnt get through to talk to anyone. Quite frustrating now.
Hi

Yes I do understand how frustrating it is. I have no idea how do they process like any pattern or random selction of files. some people got in like 35 days and its been 50 dyas now no update yest. I am going to wait until next week else I will apply for entry visa.

Jyoti071

Star Member
Nov 8, 2023
I agree with you @forw.jane . This is the scenario: I am at the Delhi port of entry, I produce my CAD passport along with Entry visa. The only connection between my CAD Passport and Entry visa to a OCI which has been processed in the 'system' but not received by me is : my first last name and date of birth. If the first and last name happens to be a common one like for eg: Virat Kohli, then the case becomes even more complicated. Now an immigration official has to deduce by the first and last name and date of birth that the same person has an OCI in the system. Now where this changes is- if they are using the Canadian passport number as an unique identifier and then matching that with an newly processed OCI in the system. The only issue I have in all this is- I read in the FB forum, that when an OCI is processed, all other visas are automatically cancelled. The fear i have is- if i travel right after my OCI is processed, while at the port of entry, what if the official says 'your visa is already cancelled, where is your oci booklet'?
So I can refute this. My father applied for his OCI last year and had a travel date about 2 months after he sent the application. The OCI showed as having been processed but he hadn’t received it yet. We applied for an E-Visa for him so he could go on the E-Visa. He had no issues and his OCI arrived about a week after he’d entered India on the E-Visa. No questions were asked about why he didn’t travel on his OCI which showed as processed online.
So I highly doubt this is true that they would cancel all other Visas once OCI has been issued. It would have to be recieved and in your hand. I think if it shows you have already used the OCI to travel once and then you try to enter on a different visa they may ask why you are doing that (as it wouldn’t make any sense to) but not if you haven’t received it and have never used it.
Thats my two cents.