+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

mayankrawat23

Star Member
Jun 13, 2018
I'm applying OCI for minor - The checklist requires signature of applicant. Can parent/parents sign or thumb print of minor?

Also minor canadian passport self attest - Can parent/parents sign or thumb print of minor?

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
I'm applying OCI for minor - The checklist requires signature of applicant. Can parent/parents sign or thumb print of minor?

Also minor canadian passport self attest - Can parent/parents sign or thumb print of minor?
For minors who cannot sign affix upload thumbpint of minor in the box below photo and and affix on last page (declaration). Below the last page thumbprint, both parents should sign. Parents should not sign in box below the photo.
Attestation to be done by parents, no minor thumbprint needed as minors cannot attest.

Last edited:

mayankrawat23

Star Member
Jun 13, 2018
For minors who cannot sign affix thumbpint of minor in the box below photo and and on last page (declaration). Below the last page thumbprint, both parents should sign. Parents should not sign in box below the photo.
Attestation to be done by parents, no minor thumbprint needed as minors cannot attest.
Thanks. What about signing the checklist? Can parents do that too?

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Thanks. What about signing the checklist? Can parents do that too?
In my experience checklist is not even mandatory -- whenever I submitted a checklist for any application at BLS (Toronto) they gave it back to me and this time for my own OCI I did not even include a checklist.
Anyway, one parent's signature should be enough on it.

Last edited:

123carry@

Oct 19, 2023
Since yesterday it shows this ….how long it will take to deliver
Application Status
(Counter Delivery to BLS Centre after OCI stamping)

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Since yesterday it shows this ….how long it will take to deliver
Application Status
(Counter Delivery to BLS Centre after OCI stamping)
Anything on purolator tracking site ? -- check using application number. With that status yesterday, its expected to dispatch today.

rajset1234

Star Member
Feb 28, 2018
Hi @eas2lv - Do you think there could be something wrong here? I look at your tracker and Oct 17th applicants were receiving ACK on Nov 10, 13th , and even 14th. Was the volume of Oct 17th OCI application so much that consulate is still buried on Oct 17th applications? I cannot believe the volume of oct 17th is so much that it is taking them 3 days and counting to process through it. Or perhaps one of the OCI processing team members has gone on leave on account of Diwali.

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Hi @eas2lv - Do you think there could be something wrong here? I look at your tracker and Oct 17th applicants were receiving ACK on Nov 10, 13th , and even 14th. Was the volume of Oct 17th OCI application so much that consulate is still buried on Oct 17th applications? I cannot believe the volume of oct 17th is so much that it is taking them 3 days and counting to process through it. Or perhaps one of the OCI processing team members has gone on leave on account of Diwali.
Could be a multitude of factors -- I can only pretend to read the tea leaves.
Like you I too made entry visa and fortunately my OCI is also already processed.
Those who have been banking on a faster clearance are badly affected --- we have members here with end of month travel dates and no entry visa yet.

rajset1234

Star Member
Feb 28, 2018
Could be a multitude of factors -- I can only pretend to read the tea leaves.
Like you I too made entry visa and fortunately my OCI is also already processed.
Those who have been banking on a faster clearance are badly affected --- we have members here with end of month travel dates and no entry visa yet.
i am worried that perhaps CGI found something wrong with my data and has sent it back to BLS for insufficient data (even though i was very thorough with my application) and perhaps that is why it is not ACK yet?