+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

nitesh001

Star Member
Jul 3, 2020
no not yet, 2/3 got processed on 7 Nov, but no movement on BLS side
I just saw the tracker and one of our fellow Edmontonian who got her OCI processed on November 1 say's received on November 3. I am pretty hopeful that you'll get something by either today or tomorrow.

DPJ

Star Member
Jul 22, 2022
Edmonton
Category........
Other
I just saw the tracker and one of our fellow Edmontonian who got her OCI processed on November 1 say's received on November 3. I am pretty hopeful that you'll get something by either today or tomorrow.
Thank you for checking, mine still said processing in consulate haha, so not sure. Sometimes BLS does have a time lag to update on website, but it is probably physically there already. I had this instance several years ago for India passport that it was still processing but I had in hand already. So , taking the BLS updates with a pinch of salt. I will keep you posted.

Reactions: nitesh001

nitesh001

Star Member
Jul 3, 2020
Thank you for checking, mine still said processing in consulate haha, so not sure. Sometimes BLS does have a time lag to update on website, but it is probably physically there already. I had this instance several years ago for India passport that it was still processing but I had in hand already. So , taking the BLS updates with a pinch of salt. I will keep you posted.
Should i got to BLS tomorrow at their pickup timings and try to check if it is already there? What do you suggest ?

samjj2

Star Member
Mar 4, 2015
My BLS status doesn’t want to get updated.
I got processed on nov 7, then the other 2 dates were nov 8. Today still no change from BLS side. Still says processing at consulate.
I doubt I will receive the OCI by tomorrow. BLS is slowing down.

Guptavv

Oct 15, 2017
NA
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
21-07-2017
Doc's Request.
13-10-2017
AOR Received.
06-11-2017
IELTS Request
10-07-2017
Med's Request
25-10-2017
Passport Req..
04-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2018
LANDED..........
04-06-2018
Try numbers on their contact-us page: https://www.blsindia-canada.com/toronto-jurisdiction/contact.php People have been reporting that they do not pickup.
In my experience talking to BLS on phone is pretty useless -- hard to get through, and often they do not know what they are talking about.
As the status for the remaining one changed to Counter Delivery yesterday, expect to get dispatched today. You can track on purolator site using the application number. Hopefully by EOD today.
Finally last tracking number also created now at BLS site, hopefully tomorrow will get the final OCI also in hand, glad to have joined this forum, have been huge help, now don't need to deal with BLS at least for a couple of year now... :)

I have to say it was not that bad to send Postal applications to BLS. Just had to recheck the applications a couple of times both Surrender Certificate and OCI but they got accepted and processed with relative ease. I am glad that didn't attempt to walk-in at Brampton location after hearing horror stories about people waiting since 2.00 AM.

I think motive for BLS is to make some extra money by selling service during walk-in (Extra Photos/PrintOuts) and that I think they make it probably in pushing postal applications as form of commission from Purolator also.

I think the postal application overall adds a week to processing which is not bad - if application not very urgent.

anksyahoo

May 4, 2020
I got processed on nov 7, then the other 2 dates were nov 8. Today still no change from BLS side. Still says processing at consulate.
mine is in dispatched state for last 6 days and has not reached BLS yet. I dont understand the incompetence here.

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
With other two dates on 8th expect to get courier dispatched only tomorrow. Keep your faith in BLS :) (I cant believe I'm saying this...)