+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

Tiredofoci

Nov 9, 2023
It was for my friend and Yes he applied from Toronto location and same situation. Renewal of OCI after crossing the age of 20 with new passport.

What's your application and acknowledgement date?
Application date - September 30
Acknowledgment- October 18

same date as your friend

Reactions: yaros

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Sharing my BLS Brampton Experience for OCI pickup

I applied for two applications, one is of minor and one is of adult. Below is the timeline for both applciations

Processed: Nov 7, 2023
Dispatched From MEA (OCI ) Nov 8, 2023
Document received At Toronto Nov 8, 2023
BLS Status: Processing at Consulate General

I have a flight on Nov -13 and as suggested by @niswe and @eas2lv, I went to BLS brampton at 2:30 pm to request them for OCI pick up. The lady took my receipts and checked the latest status of both applications and said both applications are at Consulate General and Consulate general and BLS both are really busy so it will take more than a week for stamping. I was bit worried as my flight is on Nov 13. I don't want to cancel it again. I tried to convince really hard but the lady kept saying the same thing. I finally ended up by asking her to hold both the OCIs for pick up which she agreed upon and added the comments. I hardly live 15 mins away from BLS brampton. I came home and I checked the status at BLS website just to see if she really added comments. The comment was added but I was surprised as the status of my minor application was changed from Processing at Consulate General to Counter Delivery to BLS Centre after OCI stamping. I don't know why the lady said it is still at consulate general and it can take more than a week. The status of other application is still the same (Processing at Consulate General). I am planning to go to BLS today again and will go tomorrow as well (if required) to see what's going on with the both the applications as I don't trust them at all.

P.S. Thank you very much @niswe and @eas2lv for the guidance.
Try to pick it up today -- I wouldn't trust their holding instruction and it could get mailed out today. Purolator has been delivering predictably the next day, but you do not want to take that chance.

aakashp

Nov 3, 2023
Try to pick it up today -- I wouldn't trust their holding instruction and it could get mailed out today. Purolator has been delivering predictably the next day, but you do not want to take that chance.
Yup. I am going today. I just hope that the status of other application changes to Counter Delivery to BLS Centre before 2pm.

Dv.harsh

Mar 28, 2017
Applied online - 11 October 2023
Purolator pick up - 13 October 2023
BLS acknowledgement email - 18 October 2023

BLS Website-
Application Date -26 October 2023
Status -Processing at Consulate General

Please add it to the tracker.
Thanks

I haven't received my original documents yet. There is no way of getting in touch with BLS on phone ( they don't pick up). No tracking number. No email.
It has been around 27 days since i sent the documents.
Please let me know if anyone is facing the same issue.

somak2001

Mar 13, 2017
Canada
Still waiting for mine. Looking out of the window for a Purolator van while working from home.. :D
Received my OCI just now.

OCI Application - Postal (Toronto)

Application sent to BLS Brampton - Sep 22, 2023
Application delivered to BLS Brampton - Sep 25, 2023
BLS Status - 'under process' 2 times - Sep 29, 2023
BLS Status - 'Processing at consulate' 2 times - Oct 3, 2023
Counter Delivery to BLS Centre after OCI stamping - Nov 7, 2023
Delivered - Nov 9, 2023

OCI Website -

Acknowledgement (UNDER-PROCESS) Oct 16, 2023
PROCESSED Nov 6, 2023
Dispatched From MEA (OCI ) Nov 7, 2023
Document received At Toronto Nov 7, 2023

VK777

May 7, 2019
Minor Oci application
16th october: acknowledgement
06 november: processed and dispatched at Delhi, received at Toronto

Self and spouse oci applications:
Oct 16th: Postal received by BLS
Oct 28th: application date on BLS portal
Minor OCI
Application received at BLS-22nd September
Acknowledgement date- Oct 16th
Processed - Nov 06th
Received in hand- Nov 09th.

Reactions: eas2lv

Guptavv

Oct 15, 2017
NA
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
21-07-2017
Doc's Request.
13-10-2017
AOR Received.
06-11-2017
IELTS Request
10-07-2017
Med's Request
25-10-2017
Passport Req..
04-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2018
LANDED..........
04-06-2018
I just tried to reach out BLS to make sure the last application is not misplaced or anything. Is there a way to reach them ? I am little paranoid when it comes to document handling by BLS. Also any idea when does status get updated on BLS website

sab12in

Star Member
Mar 16, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2014
Doc's Request.
24-12-2014
AOR Received.
17-06-2014
Med's Request
10-12-2014
Med's Done....
15-12-2014
Passport Req..
28-10-2015
LANDED..........
21-11-2015
Hey, acknowledgment in just 2 days after submission? Is this normal for Ottawa applications?
yes looks like that's how it is in Ottawa

Reactions: Hr2019

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
I just tried to reach out BLS to make sure the last application is not misplaced or anything. Is there a way to reach them ? I am little paranoid when it comes to document handling by BLS. Also any idea when does status get updated on BLS website
Try numbers on their contact-us page: https://www.blsindia-canada.com/toronto-jurisdiction/contact.php People have been reporting that they do not pickup.
In my experience talking to BLS on phone is pretty useless -- hard to get through, and often they do not know what they are talking about.
As the status for the remaining one changed to Counter Delivery yesterday, expect to get dispatched today. You can track on purolator site using the application number. Hopefully by EOD today.

Reactions: Guptavv

ocisaf

Nov 9, 2023
@forw.jane timeline below for me

OCI Application: For Minor newborn
Application Date: Oct 17
Acknowledgement Date: Oct 18
Current Status: "Under Process/ Processing at High Commission"

Reactions: forw.jane

Kaushal1986

Jan 17, 2018
I also obtained the OCI for the minor. Just booked the ticket for Sunday. I want to express my gratitude to everyone for the consistent updates. I'd like to extend a special thank you to @eas2lv for the dedication to maintaining the tracker and patiently addressing repetitive questions. I wish good luck to all others in the same situation.

Reactions: eas2lv