WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Below is my OCI timeline:
Application pickup : Sep 26
BLS ACK : Oct 3
OCI ACK : Oct 18 (Under process)

Flights booked for Nov 18. Waiting for status update this week.
Called BLS today to understand pickup OCI in person process. They suggested to email Brampton BLS and wait for confirmation. I did not do it as want to wait till the end of week.

Can i be hopeful to get my OCI before my flight on Nov18 ?
Should I get a pickup request made to BLS Brampton ?
Is contacting Consulate or visiting them in Toronto make any difference ?
Will posting my request on Sampark portal make any difference ?

Any other suggestions to expedite ?
Very likely to get processed update on Wednesday (08/10) and OCI in hand on 13th by courier. Even if it gets delayed by a day or two from then, you can still make it.
If it gets too close, ask BLS Brampton to hold it when ready and pickup (could save a day). For this, sending an email to BLS and waiting for reply is not at all reliable. Do what @Sk5142 did today https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/oci-process.254662/post-10660216

As 08/10 is open house day, you could signup for that but considering you will have 10 days more for the flight, unlikely for the consulate to be helpful.

harneetk

Sep 11, 2014
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
I need to understand what does open house exactly mean here in regards to cgi , whats the benefit? How do we know dates for open house?

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
I need to understand what does open house exactly mean here in regards to cgi , whats the benefit? How do we know dates for open house?
Every Wednesday: https://www.cgitoronto.gov.in/page/open-house/
Its meant for meeting Consul staff to consult about unduly delayed applications, but some people have had success picking up documents like OCI that happened to be ready the same day. It cannot be used to expedite OCI processing.

Reactions: harneetk

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i applied on 14th Oct in-person in Toronto but haven't received acknowledgement yet. Neither anything shows up in the OCI status website. I have heard that acknowledgement arrives mostly in 3 weeks. But I am beyond that. Is the OCI processing slowing down and they are prioritizing Entry Visa applications ?

Is there anyone else who have submitted around 14th OCT ?
Hopefully tomorrow. Yes, OCI acknowledgement has slowed down. Its taking 24-25 days now.

paritosha

Sep 7, 2014
You can update the passport details online for no service fee: https://ociservices.gov.in/capchaActionMisc This is a fully automated process as the data is updated in the online system --- the OCI card will still have the old passport number which is fine. There is no need to carry old passport either.

Assuming your son will not be crossing 20 years of age between the last two passports.
Thanks, appreciated..

daarsdi

Nov 6, 2023
Hi Folks, looking for some help here, I need to fly back to India on the 8th of December, and I'm unsure about getting the OCI in time, should I apply for the entry Visa? How long would it take to get the visa processed?

OCI applications details:
Postal Application - Received at BLS Brampton 27th Oct, Status on BLS website is now Under Process at Consulate on 6th Nov. No record found on OCI enquiry site.

What should I do?

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Hi Folks, looking for some help here, I need to fly back to India on the 8th of December, and I'm unsure about getting the OCI in time, should I apply for the entry Visa? How long would it take to get the visa processed?

OCI applications details:
Postal Application - Received at BLS Brampton 27th Oct, Status on BLS website is now Under Process at Consulate on 6th Nov. No record found on OCI enquiry site.

What should I do?
Apply for entry visa asap. In Toronto OCI will take about 7 to 8 weeks from the time it reaches the consulate (Nov 6th in your case). You could get entry visa in 7 to 10 days if applied in person. Additional 7 to 10 days if postal.

EDIT: evisa -> entry visa

Reactions: daarsdi

Guptavv

Oct 15, 2017
NA
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
21-07-2017
Doc's Request.
13-10-2017
AOR Received.
06-11-2017
IELTS Request
10-07-2017
Med's Request
25-10-2017
Passport Req..
04-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2018
LANDED..........
04-06-2018
Quick question- OCI I had applied for 3 family members, for 2 it has been updated to Processed and Dispatched and Received at Toronto but for 1 family member it says just Processed and other dates are blank. Anyone has faced this difference before ? Wondering if the 1 applicant timeline will be a little different or delayed ?

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Quick question- OCI I had applied for 3 family members, for 2 it has been updated to Processed and Dispatched and Received at Toronto but for 1 family member it says just Processed and other dates are blank. Anyone has faced this difference before ? Wondering if the 1 applicant timeline will be a little different or delayed ?
It happens as each application is processed individually. The last one may get the "printed" update tomorrow and arrive a day later.

daarsdi

Nov 6, 2023
Apply for entry visa asap. In Toronto OCI will take about 7 to 8 weeks from the time it reaches the consulate (Nov 6th in your case). You could get entry visa in 7 to 10 days if applied in person. Additional 7 to 10 days if postal.

EDIT: evisa -> entry visa
Thank you! Will update this thread once I get any OCI related details