+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

nitesh001

Star Member
Jul 3, 2020
Hopefully This week we all will get, we have a good bunch on Oct4th ACK
I was hoping to not to reschedule my flight , but i guess now i might have to. I am not sure if i will receive my child's OCI by November 14 with my flight being on November 15.

DPJ

Star Member
Jul 22, 2022
Edmonton
Category........
Other
I was hoping to not to reschedule my flight , but i guess now i might have to. I am not sure if i will receive my child's OCI by November 14 with my flight being on November 15.
Hope is that there is some update today EOD or latest by Wed and then you can still have hope. It is very rough. Tomorrow will be 34 days. So pushing to Thurs will be max of 36 days - thats the longest we have seen as per tracking sheet. But yes from Thur to Tue (14th), it is cutting too close. Are you able to reschedule at all 24 hours ahead of flight ?

pavanmeka11

Oct 26, 2023
Applied for Entry Visa at BLS Brampton on 3rd November , Now BLS shows it is in transit from consulate to BLS and Visa portal says, The document is printed and visa is processed. Too fast :)

praksshetty

Oct 30, 2023
My travel date is 7th Dec . Bls website - 17th Oct - processing at consulate general . OCI website - no records found . Do you think I can make it by Dec 6th or should I apply for entry visa . Any advice please

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
My travel date is 7th Dec . Bls website - 17th Oct - processing at consulate general . OCI website - no records found . Do you think I can make it by Dec 6th or should I apply for entry visa . Any advice please
If in Toronto, OCI may get approved just in time, but too risky. Apply for entry visa asap. For walk-in entry visa is only taking 5 to 6 calendar days to get in hand.
Unfortunately, for postal applications it may take up to 10 days more (BLS is too slow) just like OCI applications. Even then entry visa is your best bet.
Entry Visa Tracker - Toronto
Visa thread

Last edited:
Reactions: praksshetty

pumbatech

Jul 2, 2020
Brampton
Category........
CEC
Hi guys.. please help.
Anybody who took appointment for BLS brampton or any other bls..
How does the security guard check and verify appointment? Do they look at your printout of appointment or do they just ask you or do you they verify on a laptop or ipad etc?

asking this as not able to get OCI appointment, trying from 2 weeks everyday multiple times but was able to get passport appointment.. so trying to figure out if it can work to apply oci..

thanks in advance.
Any type of appointment is fine. They don't check for type of appointment in ipad etc. Just match your name in the list. As long as you have secured a spot for you it's gonna be fine. I had the same situation for BLS Toronto and there was no problem in getting inside.

Reactions: desmat

praksshetty

Oct 30, 2023
If in Toronto, OCI may get approved just in time, but too risky. Apply for entry visa asap. For walk-in entry visa is only taking 5 to 6 calendar days to get in hand.
Unfortunately, for postal applications it may take up to 10 days more (BLS is too slow) just like OCI applications. Even then entry visa is your best bet.
I have to do it by post since I am not in Toronto and worried if my passport does not come back on time . Thanks for your reply . You still think entry visa as a best bet

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
I have to do it by post since I am not in Toronto and worried if my passport does not come back on time . Thanks for your reply . You still think entry visa as a best bet
If yo\ou get OCI Ack by Friday, there is a small chance of getting OCI in hand on Dec 5th. But you may not get Ack by Friday with the current slow down.
Even with postal delays, entry visa is your best bet.
See OCI Tracker - Toronto
Also Entry Visa Tracker - Toronto
and Visa thread

Last edited:
Reactions: praksshetty

paritosha

Sep 7, 2014
Hello All,

I applied for my Son's OCI on Oct 2 with details of his current Canadian Passport as getting expired in May 2024. Now applying for a New Canadian Passport as we need to travel to India, and passport need to have 6 months of travel.

QQ:
1. Does it considering OCI booklet will have Old Canadian Passport details which is not valid and we will be flying under new passport details..
2. Any other issue I may face(limited knowledge) ?

Thanks

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Hello All,

I applied for my Son's OCI on Oct 2 with details of his current Canadian Passport as getting expired in May 2024. Now applying for a New Canadian Passport as we need to travel to India, and passport need to have 6 months of travel.

QQ:
1. Does it considering OCI booklet will have Old Canadian Passport details which is not valid and we will be flying under new passport details..
2. Any other issue I may face(limited knowledge) ?

Thanks
You can update the passport details online for no service fee: https://ociservices.gov.in/capchaActionMisc This is a fully automated process as the data is updated in the online system --- the OCI card will still have the old passport number which is fine. There is no need to carry old passport either.

Assuming your son will not be crossing 20 years of age between the last two passports.

rubensingh

Apr 29, 2014
Below is my OCI timeline:
Application pickup : Sep 26
BLS ACK : Oct 3
OCI ACK : Oct 18 (Under process)

Flights booked for Nov 18. Waiting for status update this week.
Called BLS today to understand pickup OCI in person process. They suggested to email Brampton BLS and wait for confirmation. I did not do it as want to wait till the end of week.

Can i be hopeful to get my OCI before my flight on Nov18 ?
Should I get a pickup request made to BLS Brampton ?
Is contacting Consulate or visiting them in Toronto make any difference ?
Will posting my request on Sampark portal make any difference ?

Any other suggestions to expedite ?