+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hopefully! One of my friends applied for his 2 kids, he got one of his kids as processed status today and other still says under process. Have you seen this before?
It's quite normal. Each application is treated independently of each other even when they were submitted at the same time.

niswe

Apr 5, 2017
Hopefully! One of my friends applied for his 2 kids, he got one of his kids as processed status today and other still says under process. Have you seen this before?
Yes. Between today or Monday other will get status as Processed too if same acknowledgement date. Assumption Consulate is Toronto.

rajset1234

Star Member
Feb 28, 2018
Some who applied on 26th, 27th have got it (or almost there) very quickly. But not enough data to say what average turnaround time is. My guesstimate is in Toronto jurisdiction is 8 calendar days from walk-in to get in hand by courier -- this caters for 3 working days for the consulate to process it.
Follow this thread: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/entry-visa-india.825706
My entry visa timelines: Walk in Oct 28, Printed Nov 1, On courier to me Nov 3.

Reactions: niswe and eas2lv

DPJ

Star Member
Jul 22, 2022
Edmonton
Category........
Other
I didn't apply for Entry Visa. just hoping for the OCI. Should i apply for an Entry Visa as well ? Any suggestions ?
You said your travel date is Nov 15th right ? I understand the dilemma. Maybe make a decision on Monday or Tues? The entry visa timeline as per what I am hearing in this blog https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/entry-visa-india.825706/page-24#post-10657343 seems to be around 5-7 days (but seems like BLS office staff is telling them 10-15 days). So that will be cutting it close as well. Sorry if i confused you even more

Reactions: nitesh001

pgajiwala

Oct 20, 2020
I didn't apply for Entry Visa. just hoping for the OCI. Should i apply for an Entry Visa as well ? Any suggestions ?
If your travel date is Nov 15 I don't suggest to go for Entry visa because it is pretty tight as if you would be able to do walkin on Monday morning then chances of getting your passport back is Nov 16-17 if the process doesn't get delayed as this week many submitted there entry visa as well. I would say if postponing the flight is an option for you then you should look into this. Not sure on OCI timelines.

nitesh001

Star Member
Jul 3, 2020
You said your travel date is Nov 15th right ? I understand the dilemma. Maybe make a decision on Monday or Tues? The entry visa timeline as per what I am hearing in this blog https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/entry-visa-india.825706/page-24#post-10657343 seems to be around 5-7 days (but seems like BLS office staff is telling them 10-15 days). So that will be cutting it close as well. Sorry if i confused you even more
Thankyou for the info. & yes the Travel Date is November 15.
Earlier i was in an assumption that what if my OCI gets processed and the passport remains stuck at the embassy and wasn't sure of the processing timeline. But now looking at the timeline of Entry visa it makes me wonder that had i applied for the visa earlier , it would have been processed as well. But with each passing day i am loosing my chances for the Entry visa as well. Honestly i am not sure what to do ! Maybe i am too hopeful for the OCI and not willing to take risk on the entry visa or may be i am too confused now.

nitesh001

Star Member
Jul 3, 2020
If your travel date is Nov 15 I don't suggest to go for Entry visa because it is pretty tight as if you would be able to do walkin on Monday morning then chances of getting your passport back is Nov 16-17 if the process doesn't get delayed as this week many submitted there entry visa as well. I would say if postponing the flight is an option for you then you should look into this. Not sure on OCI timelines.
My OCI application has an acknowledgment for October 4 at Vancouver CGI. So i am keeping my fingers crossed as of now. Looking at the flight cost these days , it certainly would be very hard to get it rescheduled and i want to avoid any more expenses than i already have inccured. But if it comes to that i certainly will look into rescheduling my flight.