+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

vipinait

Star Member
Aug 16, 2016
Received update on OCI website today, status changed from "UNDER PROCESS" to "PROCESSED". (exactly after 21 days from OCI Ack)
my timeline below

OCI application was received by BLS Brampton: 18 Sep
Date Of Acknowledgment from BLS: 21 Sep
Date Of Acknowledgment in OCI website(UNDER PROCESS): 5 Oct
Next Status change in OCI website ( to "PROCESSED" ): 26 Oct
I received my OCI card from Purolator at 3 pm today. Thanks to all for your help.

Reactions: niswe and eas2lv
Nov 1, 2023
Hey guys,

I'm going to apply for OCI soon and I was going through the checklist of documents.

Did you guys actually submit your original Citizenship Certificate and Canadian passport along with the application? Seems weird that they can't go by with just copies? Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks! (POSTAL APPLICATION)
I talked to BLS OTTAWA today. Twice with different executives to ensure. I was being told to send originals and self attested copies in my pick up drop off option. They charged me for 1 pick up and 2 drop offs and I was being told that my Canadian passport will be sent earlier (in 25 days) and OCI will be sent separately in 6-8 weeks.

csvinayak

Star Member
Jul 9, 2010
Congrats. So, almost all the tracked cases of Oct 11 acknowledgement got processed today.

Tomorrow hopefully is @niswe @Sk5142 and @saahilgpt's turn.
Hi guys if it's processed on oci website can I go to BLS Brampton and collect it? I' paid for courier, through the courier it would take another 2 days or so, The reason I ask
My oci website date of ack is Nov 1
My travel is Nov 28 don't want to risk it
Hence asking

nitesh001

Star Member
Jul 3, 2020
I applied the OCI for my 1 year old child in September, any updates for anyone who has the acknowledgment on the same days as i have. Details are below: Also , can anyone send me the link of the tracker for the OCI applications - Vancouver Jurisdiction.

Applied at BLS Edmonton (Walkin) : September 25
Ack Date at CGI Vancouver : Oct 4
Status @ CGI Vancouver : Under Process

Thanks !

mehg

Mar 10, 2023
I applied the OCI for my 1 year old child in September, any updates for anyone who has the acknowledgment on the same days as i have. Details are below: Also , can anyone send me the link of the tracker for the OCI applications - Vancouver Jurisdiction.

Applied at BLS Edmonton (Walkin) : September 25
Ack Date at CGI Vancouver : Oct 4
Status @ CGI Vancouver : Under Process

Thanks !
Same here, applied for my 2 minor kids, ackd Oct 4, Vancouver, still waiting

bobrovsky07

Apr 3, 2017
Does anyone know how long it takes to update the new passport info on the OCI website? I submitted an application for my brother. When I check its status on the OCI website it says "Your application has been acknowledged by competent authority. It is being processed and will be updated soon. ". OCT 03 application date. any idea how long it takes?
Is there anything else I need to do?

Nov 1, 2023
Hello Everyone,

I am new here.
After reading many posts here, and talking to BLS people I am very confused. I am doing postal application for fresh OCI. Upon talking to two different BLS Ottawa personnel, I was being made aware to submit originals and copies (basically everything that the OCI checklist indicates). But I read many around here only sent self attested copies. Does that work? I do not want to send my originals if it is not required. They charged me for 2 drop offs (one for sending back my Canadian passport and other one for OCI booklet) and 1 pick up (for all documents listed in checklist - according to BLS customer executives).

Can anyone confirm please? Any help in this regards is much appreciated!! Thanks in advance.

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Hi guys if it's processed on oci website can I go to BLS Brampton and collect it? I' paid for courier, through the courier it would take another 2 days or so, The reason I ask
My oci website date of ack is Nov 1
My travel is Nov 28 don't want to risk it
Hence asking
In the best case it will get processed on Nov 22 which is a Wednesday. You can try to get an appt. for the open house in the consulate that day, show your urgency and try to pick it up from there.
Otherwise, try your luck with BLS -- its a hit and miss as they are totally unreliable as it happened with @farooq.ind two days back. You can search here posts by @farooq.ind and responses to it starting last Friday to see what I mean.

In short it can be done, but you have to know how to deal with BLS. I think @fshaik successfully managed to change courier to pick up and get it from BLS Brampton early last week: see https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/oci-process.254662/page-1123#post-10645208 and related posts

Reactions: csvinayak