Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
@eas2lv Well now the Purolator status shows it is already picked up from BLS and estimated delivery is tomorrow, which means the guy at BLS that day never put it on hold. Also, yesterday they said they don't have it yet and today Purolator is picking up from them. This is all so pathetic and in the end common people suffers because of their ignorance or laziness or whatever the word you want to use (I don't want to use those here).
Why am I not surprised... Unfortunate for you nevertheless..

Kajolparikh

Mar 20, 2019
Vancouver
OCI Update:
Walkin Vancouver: Sep 25
Date of acknowledgement: Sep 27
OCI: Processed Oct 31
BLS website still says Processing at CG. Hoping to pick up my OCI from BLS itself tomorrow since my flight is on 6th Nov and I doubt the courier will reach me by then especially because of the weekend.

Any tips for how/when to pick up OCI from bls?

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
OCI Update:
Walkin Vancouver: Sep 25
Date of acknowledgement: Sep 27
OCI: Processed Oct 31
BLS website still says Processing at CG. Hoping to pick up my OCI from BLS itself tomorrow since my flight is on 6th Nov and I doubt the courier will reach me by then especially because of the weekend.

Any tips for how/when to pick up OCI from bls?
Read everything in the exchange between me (@eas2lv) , @farooq.ind and @niswe last two days, and you will learn a few things on what not to do with BLS, and hopefully how to handle this. Not taking anything that BLS says at face value would be the first thing . You may have to be forceful and persistent. Some people have done this with less hassle -- hope it works out for you.

Kajolparikh

Mar 20, 2019
Vancouver
Read everything in the exchange between me (@eas2lv) , @farooq.ind and @niswe last two days, and you will learn a few things on what not to do with BLS, and hopefully how to handle this. Not taking anything that BLS says at face value would be the first thing . You may have to be forceful and persistent. Some people have done this with less hassle -- hope it works out for you.
Thanks, I read the comments. It sucks how they behave with us. I'll be going in everyday twice to see if they received it. Luckily the center is very close to me. Will keep everyone updated!

Vikrant1

Oct 17, 2015
Hi everyone, I had submitted my OCI application on 17th Oct and BLS received it on 18th Morning. But there was no status or acknowledgement from BLS. After repeated calls and escalations they updated my status on 23rd October as received at BLS centre and changed my application date to 23rd October and my date of birth as 23rd october 2023. After further repeated calls and emails they changed my status to under process and change the application date to 30th October. Will this wrong application date status have an impact on my processing time?

Vikrant1

Oct 17, 2015
Thanks, I read the comments. It sucks how they behave with us. I'll be going in everyday twice to see if they received it. Luckily the center is very close to me. Will keep everyone updated!
I cant agree more with eas2lv. It was a nightmarish experience fighting with them for a whole month. I spoke with 3 different BLS agents confirming if it was okay to send my SC application Canada Post as it would be 24 hrs delivery for half the price of Purolator. They kept reassuring me that it was okay as long as the return envelope was also sent. My SC was ready for dispatch on 5th Oct but the status was the same until 11th Oct when I called BLS again and this time they told me that i needed to arrange pick up by Canada post as they dont deal with CP. I was like if you had told me this earlier when I called you repeatedly I would have given in to your greed and gone with purolator as CP doesnt do pick up for non business customers. The BLS guy told me that If I had opted for purolator I would have received my SC soon and would have applied for OCI already. BLS are pathetic liars. If I had not called them then my SC would have been rotting at their office until who knows when.
I had booked my tickets to India in May 2023 for mid december and was an Indian Citizen then but my application got processed and got CZ within 5 months.
I wrote an email to consulate for help and those guys didnt even bother to respond till date. Finally received my SC on 17th(12 days after it was ready for dispatch) and mailed my OCI application on 18th and nightmare starts again when they keep messing up my status and birthdate and one BLS agent I spoke to was even asking if the application was for my daughter when am not event married.
The call centre agents have no access to real time status of applications and they refuse to share Brampton centre contact details or transfer the call to the center. They even refuse to let you talk with a supervisor.
on top of that their escalation matrix doesnt work. I got a response now for my complaint on my SC application on 11th october. Their escalation form doesn not generate a ticket number when you submit it. Their call centres drop your call without even connecting and the cccanada@blsinternational.net email id which those lying agents share with us doesn not even elicit a response until u copy the consulate in it.

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Hi everyone, I had submitted my OCI application on 17th Oct and BLS received it on 18th Morning. But there was no status or acknowledgement from BLS. After repeated calls and escalations they updated my status on 23rd October as received at BLS centre and changed my application date to 23rd October and my date of birth as 23rd october 2023. After further repeated calls and emails they changed my status to under process and change the application date to 30th October. Will this wrong application date status have an impact on my processing time?
Application date is roughly when BLS reviews your application and finds it to be in order. Its passed to the consulate soon after that (could be same day or next). If its updated to Oct 30, means its going to the consulate only now. That will impact your processing time. Also lookout for when it starts saying "Processing at the Consulate.." to get an idea of the same.

Reactions: Vikrant1

DPJ

Star Member
Jul 22, 2022
Edmonton
Category........
Other
We first did the online form on 24th September and got the automate email from OCI saying :

Thank you for completing Part-B of OCI- Application on 25/Sep/2023 03:20 IST .

We then walked in to Edmonton's BLS (comes under Vancouver jurisdiction) office on Sep 25 and submitted the hard copies to BLS who do the final checks and did all the upload. But there has been no email since then. So I am not sure what the acknowledgement everyone here has been talking about. When I I looked up BLS tracking website (https://www.blsindia-canada.com/ottawa-jurisdiction/track-application.php) it says this :

Application StatusProcessing at Consulate General

Am I supposed to be getting anything else between this communication and last step ?

We have a travel coming up early December and any response will be greatly appreciated , please and thank you !