+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

patelboss

Star Member
Jan 23, 2019
As per BLS tracking, my postal application date is Oct13, 2023. BLS tracking shows “Processing at Consular General”. OCI website still shows “No Records Found”.
My question is, i am travelling on February 8th and i have submitted them my original documents for verification. When should i expect to receive those back? I am not in hurry to receive OCI as i am travelling to other country.

patelboss

Star Member
Jan 23, 2019
i have submitted oci with my original passport and certificate. does anyone know how long it takes to return original docs? also, can I submit an entry visa with photocopy? or i will need to submit the original in postal?
When did u apply? I applied on Oct 7th and still waiting for originals.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
I have my oath in a few days and then travelling to India a week after that.

Has anyone tried travelling from Canada to India on Indian passport and then exiting India to USA using the Indian passport too.

This way, you enter and exit India on Indian passport.

You can then use Canadian passport to cross from USA to Canada?

Are there any concerns with this if done within the 90 day grace window?
A guy had shared his experience on FB group(https://m.facebook.com/groups/539709677405969/info/). You might have to search the group to find it.

Immigration officer did not allow him to board and his luggage was removed from the plane while coming back from India. He was told to surrender his passport and get an exit permit.

We have people in the forum surrendering and then trying to get exit permit which seems a logical step. Link - https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/posts/10652211/

Your plan looks risky as you would be traveling with two passports.

Last edited:

preet1911

Jun 30, 2015
I also had a few more questions (not sure @abbas.pasha or @eas2lv you guys can help answer these)

1. I have booked an appointment (although for 'Passport' service) on 3rd Nov and while address on it says 40 Gillingham Drive, I believe Entry Visas are processed at 60 Gillingham Drive.. Can I go to 60 Gillingham Drive, show my appointment and get the Entry Visa application done?
2. Appointment is in the name of my wife but i want to apply for entry visas for my wife and 2 minors.. hope that won't be an issue

All of this assuming I can apply for the entry visa without wife's surrender certificate (i.e., by showing some proof it is in process, any idea what document can i show?). request to everyone to chime in, if you have experienced this. Thanks for your help!
What time ur appointment is ?? I have appointment 12:10 pm, at brampton bls (40 gillingham showing on letter but i m going to 60 gillngham building for visa) good luck hope it goes smoothly

Hemusharma51

May 19, 2017
India
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-06-2018
Nomination.....
May-18
AOR Received.
14-06-2018
My Entry Visa application status on Oct 31, 2023
BLS Website- Under Process in Transit from BLS to Consulate
Visa Website- UnderProcess

dipica

Aug 21, 2013
SINP
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
24-05-2016
Doc's Request.
18-11-2016
Nomination.....
18-03-2016
AOR Received.
18-08-2016
Med's Request
08-06-2017
Med's Done....
15-06-2017
LANDED..........
Landed
Online I see status - counter delivery OCI after stamping BLS. Do I need to wait for pickup email? Applied on Sep 20 Brampton

Sapru

Oct 11, 2017
Canada
What time ur appointment is ?? I have appointment 12:10 pm, at brampton bls (40 gillingham showing on letter but i m going to 60 gillngham building for visa) good luck hope it goes smoothly
Mine is at 10 am on 3 Nov.. thanks, hope it goes well.. I am still waiting to hear if I can submit proof of surrender certificate application instead of surrender certificate itself (as it is under process).. I have heard from a few lately that they have submitted applications without certificate yesterday in BLS Brampton

Alisha0910

Oct 18, 2023
@eas2lv I just got back from BLS again. They have not received it there yet and BLS status is still showing "Processing at Consulate General". I wonder if tomorrow also it will be delivered at BLS or not.

PS: The security guy at BLS (who went to check if they received the oci) said it will take another 2-3 weeks. Very disappointing statement to hear. When I told him there are people who got it in 2 days after status changed to "Processed", he said it can vary case to case basis.

I guess I am going to reschedule my tickets :(
2/3 weeks????

rushi07

Mar 18, 2018
i have submitted oci with my original passport and certificate. does anyone know how long it takes to return original docs? also, can I submit an entry visa with photocopy? or i will need to submit the original in postal?
Any help would be great

Neerja

Star Member
Jul 24, 2017
Applied for OCI in the week OCI 9th October. Status showing "Processing at Consulate General" on BLS and "No information found" on OCI website for my daughter from 13th October and for my husband from 16th Oct. When can I see some movement? Originals are still with consulate as it was postal application. When can originals are expected to back? Any help will be appreciated. Thank You!

pgajiwala

Oct 20, 2020
Are they keeping the original passport along with the application?
Yes they are. They will stamp your canadian passport
Unfortunately, I have not seen any update on BLS Tracking Page. However I submitted an application for OCI (Minor). It only keeps comin back as 'No Records Found'
@pgajiwala have you received any update on your status?
Not yet no records found. Update on entry visa status is under process.