Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
@eas2lv i have an appointment for entry visa on Nov/2 at Toronto… debating if I should apply and take the risk of maybe PP stuck at consulate while we receive OCI as per trend in Nov/15 week…. I read somewhere if for any reason PP is still with consulate, we can petition for it to be returned with 48 hrs notice… is this reliable information… what’s your thought ?
My thought is that if you have less than two week for travel from the current expected date of OCI, apply for entry visa.

Reactions: pgajiwala

Jot deol 1590

Oct 23, 2023
As per BLS tracking, my postal application date is Oct13, 2023. BLS tracking shows “Processing at Consular General”. OCI website still shows “No Records Found”.
My question is, i am travelling on February 8th and i have submitted them my original documents for verification. When should i expect to receive those back? I am not in hurry to receive OCI as i am travelling to other country.
Even I’m waiting for them to send back original documents. My application date was oct 11

Reactions: patelboss

GagzV

Sep 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have the same dates as yours for minor and status is still under process.
Lets keep in touch Hoping to get this processed soon, Travel planned end of Nov. Ottawa seems to be very slow compared to Toronto. Also need to decide if we should consider visitor visa.

pgajiwala

Oct 20, 2020
@Ian10 BLS Website tracker status changed for OCI from No records found to

"Your OCI application has received at our BLS Postal Brampton Center on 31-10-2023. Please allow 4-5 business days for processing it to IHC/CGI. Please note that this is an auto-generated mail & does not indicate that your application has processed to Indian High commission or Consulate general of India. Please allow 4-5 business days for processing your application to Indian High commission or Consulate general of India. Once your application processed in our BLS center, you will be notified through email service with a unique BLS reference number. The unique number can be use for tracking purpose on BLS website."

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Applied for OCI in the week OCI 9th October. Status showing "Processing at Consulate General" on BLS and "No information found" on OCI website for my daughter from 13th October and for my husband from 16th Oct. When can I see some movement? Originals are still with consulate as it was postal application. When can originals are expected to back? Any help will be appreciated. Thank You!
What is the "Application date" on BLS site? If Toronto jurisdiction, you can expect Ack and "under process" status on OCI site about 3 weeks from "Application date" and OCI after about 4 weeks from Ack.
Originals are not required for postal applications, but as you have sent them, BLS will keep them for a while and send back in 2-3 weeks time.

easyrider13

Oct 26, 2017
I also had a few more questions (not sure @abbas.pasha or @eas2lv you guys can help answer these)

1. I have booked an appointment (although for 'Passport' service) on 3rd Nov and while address on it says 40 Gillingham Drive, I believe Entry Visas are processed at 60 Gillingham Drive.. Can I go to 60 Gillingham Drive, show my appointment and get the Entry Visa application done?
2. Appointment is in the name of my wife but i want to apply for entry visas for my wife and 2 minors.. hope that won't be an issue

All of this assuming I can apply for the entry visa without wife's surrender certificate (i.e., by showing some proof it is in process, any idea what document can i show?). request to everyone to chime in, if you have experienced this. Thanks for your help!
I had used a visa appointment for my OCI application on Oct 13th and it too was for a different building but they had my name so it looks liek they just have one list that both buildings use so not to worry.

Reactions: preet1911

Sapru

Oct 11, 2017
Canada
I really need some guidance on the possibility of applying without surrender certificate at BLS Brampton and what documents are required to be submitted in lieu of actual surrender certificate

Reactions: zaidbobat

MarvelMagnum

Star Member
Oct 15, 2015
Visa Office......
Toronto
I have my oath in a few days and then travelling to India a week after that.

Has anyone tried travelling from Canada to India on Indian passport and then exiting India to USA using the Indian passport too.

This way, you enter and exit India on Indian passport.

You can then use Canadian passport to cross from USA to Canada?

Are there any concerns with this if done within the 90 day grace window?

You're supposed to surrender your Indian Passport IMMEDIATELY after taking up another citizenship. At no times are you allowed to have an Indian Passport with another passport while travelling. You might be stopped from travelling and may even face penalties.

Reactions: pgajiwala