+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

desmat

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2018
Hi, I applied for my minor daughter's OCI on Sep 27th via postal application. I received the original documents back last week (around Oct 24th). BLS site shows status as Dispatched Courier (I am assuming it's for the originals). OCI status site shows application "Under Process" and acknowledgement date was Oct 20th. What are the chances I get the OCI back by November 20th?
I thought others said original documents are no longer needed to be sent in postal application for minors oci.. is it not correct?

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Date projection is nothing fancy -- estimate an average number of days from Ack to process add a few days for dispatch and that's it. Most people can do that arithmetic in their head, so why bother? Its just for show :)
Biggest problem with Vancouver sheet is that its freely edited by people, some write BLS Ack in place of OCI Ack, some Ottawa and Toronto applicants add data in there, a proper order is not ensured etc. So data quality is low. It would be more useful to spend time on keeping the data clean and of high quality -- that's a lot of work though.

Reactions: ersandee

rizingphoenix

Star Member
Dec 29, 2021
Hello All, just received my OCI by mail today, thanks for all your help. Below are my timelines if it can be of use to anyone looking to understand the processing time.

OCI Application Sent via Mail (Purolator) to BLS Brampton on 12th September
OCI Application Acknowledged on BLS Site and sent to CGI Toronto on 19 September
OCI Application Acknowledged on OCI Site on 4th October
OCI Application Printed and Dispatched to Toronto on 25th October
OCI Application Received via Mail (Purolator) on 30th October

Just a suggestion to everyone its better to apply via mail rather than in person by waiting in endless lines considering all the online appointments are booked

Reactions: Jot deol 1590

Hr2019

Jul 13, 2019
Hello all,
Received my surrender certificate today and I’ll be submitting my OCI application in person at BLS Montreal this week for me, wife and our child.
Question - for the documents to be uploaded, do I need to self attest? Or just hard copies need to be self attested?
Any tips?
Thank you

NavpreetDroach

Oct 29, 2023
Hello all,
Received my surrender certificate today and I’ll be submitting my OCI application in person at BLS Montreal this week for me, wife and our child.
Question - for the documents to be uploaded, do I need to self attest? Or just hard copies need to be self attested?
Any tips?
Thank you
Yes, you have to self-attest the copies of all the documents you are submitting.

kiruthigasridhar

Aug 26, 2020
Hello All, just received my OCI by mail today, thanks for all your help. Below are my timelines if it can be of use to anyone looking to understand the processing time.

OCI Application Sent via Mail (Purolator) to BLS Brampton on 12th September
OCI Application Acknowledged on BLS Site and sent to CGI Toronto on 19 September
OCI Application Acknowledged on OCI Site on 4th October
OCI Application Printed and Dispatched to Toronto on 25th October
OCI Application Received via Mail (Purolator) on 30th October

Just a suggestion to everyone its better to apply via mail rather than in person by waiting in endless lines considering all the online appointments are booked
Should we submit originals for Toronto jurisdiction via mail?

Reactions: Terminator

kodalidatta

Jun 29, 2015
Hello, i am applying OCI for my new born (2 months old). Do i need to get her thumb print on all her documents (Like self attestation)?. Or do parents need to sign the documents for her? Or just leave them blank? No clear instructions available. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

niswe

Apr 5, 2017
Hello, i am applying OCI for my new born (2 months old). Do i need to get her thumb print on all her documents (Like self attestation)?. Or do parents need to sign the documents for her? Or just leave them blank? No clear instructions available. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
No thumbs prints to attest document copies. Both parents signatures sufficient

Reactions: kodalidatta