+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

Gkaur3

Star Member
Oct 23, 2020
BLS said OCI will be processed next week. No need to apply for entry visa.
She said to check or call back on Monday for an update
Called again and now this lady said that counter delivery update must be a glitch and it takes anywhere from 6-8 weeks for OCI

kalebhushan

Star Member
Apr 4, 2018
Mumbai IN
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-09-2018
Med's Done....
27-09-2018
Passport Req..
25-01-2019
You are likely to get OCI in hand before the end of Nov.
I'm in a similar situation and this is what I'm doing:
Not filing entry visa application right away. Watch the trend and if it slows down in next two weeks reconsider.
Rationale: why clog down the system when a lot of people have more urgency
I have the exact same rationale but my application date at BLS Toronto is 14th Oct and travel date is Nov 29th. With the 45 day processing time for an entry visa, I don’t have much of an option that waiting it out. I literally hope I get oci delivered to me by Nov 28th so I fly out on 29th. For this to happen, I will wait until Nov 4th for ACK to show up on OCI website.

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
I have the exact same rationale but my application date at BLS Toronto is 14th Oct and travel date is Nov 29th. With the 45 day processing time for an entry visa, I don’t have much of an option that waiting it out. I literally hope I get oci delivered to me by Nov 28th so I fly out on 29th. For this to happen, I will wait until Nov 4th for ACK to show up on OCI website.
In your case applying for entry visa makes a lot of sense.

kalebhushan

Star Member
Apr 4, 2018
Mumbai IN
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-09-2018
Med's Done....
27-09-2018
Passport Req..
25-01-2019
In your case applying for entry visa makes a lot of sense.
I don’t want to stand in any more lines, I am okay cancelling my travel plans and losing a bit of money I spent on tickets. Also we don’t have delivery timelines on entry visa from Toronto yet. I would wait to have an update. If it’s taking 45 days, doesn’t make sense.

rajset1234

Star Member
Feb 28, 2018
I just did walk in entry visa app for minor. Here are few points:
Application:
Choose UNEMPLOYED for occupation details for minor
Say 'NA- Minor' when asked for Employer details
Take 2 physical photos identical to the one embedded in the form
Take child birth certificate and both parents Cancelled Indian Pport and Current CAD pport
Take Parents Marriage certificate too just in case.
Take consent form duly signed by both parents
Parents have to sign on page 2. Child, if able, can sign under photo on Page 1 of top left corner under the pasted photo
Very important point- there is a point in the Application where it asks for 1 reference in India and India phone number. Make sure you give the phone number of a relative in India who will answer the phone promptly and vouch for your entry visa application. Do not choose one of those cousins or uncles whose phone is always ringing and there are 1 million missed calls, Preferrable give grandparents or close siblings phone number in India who are interested in you coming to India, not that brother in law who does not want to see your face anymore :0) The BLS person specifically asked me whether the India phone number will be answered

Timelines:
15 days max though counter person said can take 1 month. But it should happen anywhere from 1 week to 2 weeks. Maybe sooner if luck favors. Worth the try so all your bets are not hedged on OCI.

kalebhushan

Star Member
Apr 4, 2018
Mumbai IN
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-09-2018
Med's Done....
27-09-2018
Passport Req..
25-01-2019
I just did walk in entry visa app for minor. Here are few points:
Application:
Choose UNEMPLOYED for occupation details for minor
Say 'NA- Minor' when asked for Employer details
Take 2 physical photos identical to the one embedded in the form
Take child birth certificate and both parents Cancelled Indian Pport and Current CAD pport
Take Parents Marriage certificate too just in case.
Take consent form duly signed by both parents
Parents have to sign on page 2. Child, if able, can sign under photo on Page 1 of top left corner under the pasted photo
Very important point- there is a point in the Application where it asks for 1 reference in India and India phone number. Make sure you give the phone number of a relative in India who will answer the phone promptly and vouch for your entry visa application. Do not choose one of those cousins or uncles whose phone is always ringing and there are 1 million missed calls, Preferrable give grandparents or close siblings phone number in India who are interested in you coming to India, not that brother in law who does not want to see your face anymore :0) The BLS person specifically asked me whether the India phone number will be answered

Timelines:
15 days max though counter person said can take 1 month. But it should happen anywhere from 1 week to 2 weeks. Maybe sooner if luck favors. Worth the try so all your bets are not hedged on OCI.
Which BLS?

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
I don’t want to stand in any more lines, I am okay cancelling my travel plans and losing a bit of money I spent on tickets. Also we don’t have delivery timelines on entry visa from Toronto yet. I would wait to have an update. If it’s taking 45 days, doesn’t make sense.
Agreed, standing in line is not worth it if postponement is an option. Appointments had opened up last week, if you have grabbed one, use it -- you should get entry visa pretty quickly.

Reactions: kalebhushan

rajset1234

Star Member
Feb 28, 2018
Awesome. What time did you go and how long did you have to wait?
i had an appointment booked for today and so i was able to get in. If you do not have an appointment, then you have to slog it out overnight and walk in the next day and get your entry appln in. If you do not want to wait in line, i heard that there are some services being offered where someone will stand in line for (for a fee of course) and then you can get in that way. If you do not want to do that, then wait for OCI. If you wait for OCI and it happens, good. If not, postone ticket and travel with OCI.

Reactions: kalebhushan

kalebhushan

Star Member
Apr 4, 2018
Mumbai IN
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-09-2018
Med's Done....
27-09-2018
Passport Req..
25-01-2019
i had an appointment booked for today and so i was able to get in. If you do not have an appointment, then you have to slog it out overnight and walk in the next day and get your entry appln in. If you do not want to wait in line, i heard that there are some services being offered where someone will stand in line for (for a fee of course) and then you can get in that way. If you do not want to do that, then wait for OCI. If you wait for OCI and it happens, good. If not, postone ticket and travel with OCI.
Thanks. Yeah I feel we are being tossed around so much in this political argument, my heart reaches out to everyone who absolutely have to travel and hence have no choice but to stand in long lines overnight. This is shameful and I hope e-visas are started soon as well so it provides relief to others like us.

kushalagg

Star Member
Oct 7, 2017
I sent my daughters postal application on 27th Sep. and saw application status change to dispatched via courier this week and got courier on Oct 26th. But it was only the original documents and 1 photograph. Is my application being processed? How long do you think to receive OCI now?