+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hi, all. Need some advise!
I have applied for my child's OCI on 25th September at BLS Toronto (in-person application). Status on BLS website is "Processing at Consulate General" and status on OCI website is "UNDER-PROCESS" with date of acknowledgement as October 11th. My flights have been booked for November 29th and this travel is very important for me.
Given my timelines, I am mainly looking for advise on whether I should apply for an entry visa or just wait for OCI to get processed? Apprecite your suggestions.
You should be good to receive your OCI by mid Nov. It takes about 30 days from date on acknowledgement to complete the process

Reactions: CECapplicant2020

rajset1234

Star Member
Feb 28, 2018
hi
i have booked appointment under “passport section”on nov 3 , for “visa services “ at bls brampton. Do they really care for what purpose i booked an appointment.
2. I am also applying for two minors , one them is student other is not going to school yet . So should i fill unemployed for both minors.
Any suggestions on this please . Thank you
Does not matter what category of appointment, you get a token once you show an appointment letter and the token can be used for any of the categories.
For both minors, i wuld suggest put unemployed and then NA- Minor to keep the application form simple.

Reactions: preet1911

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
I have applied for my child's OCI on 25th September at BLS Toronto (in-person application). Status on BLS website is "Processing at Consulate General" and status on OCI website is "UNDER-PROCESS" with date of acknowledgement as October 11th. My flights have been booked for November 29th and this travel is very important for me.
Given my timelines, I am mainly looking for advise on whether I should apply for an entry visa or just wait for OCI to get processed? Appreciate your suggestions.
You may get OCI process update early in the 1st week of Nov. Why not wait and see as there is still time going by reports of fast Entry Visa processing.
Unless you have an appt., applying for visa by walk-in is very painful, and how quickly BLS Brampton will handle postal applications is uncertain.

Last edited:

Kajolparikh

Mar 20, 2019
Vancouver
Given my timelines, I am mainly looking for advise on whether I should apply for an entry visa or just wait for OCI to get processed? Appreciate your suggestions.
You are safe. Toronto timelines are 21 days after date of acknowledgement and 5-6 days after for courier. If everything goes well, you should get it by 9-10 Nov. Plenty of time before your flight. Good luck.

preet1911

Jun 30, 2015
Does not matter what category of appointment, you get a token once you show an appointment letter and the token can be used for any of the categories.
For both minors, i wuld suggest put unemployed and then NA- Minor to keep the application form simple.
thank you for replying,
so address on the appointment letter does not matter , i can go to the visa building (60 gillingham drive) and get token from there ??

GANU05

Oct 18, 2023
I saw Vikramjeet Sahney posted on X (twitter) a day ago that he spoke to High Commission and that he said Visas will be processed in 7-10 days.

GANU05

Oct 18, 2023
Very interesting! Do you have the tweet handy?
I have the screenshot I was trying to upload but can't upload an image here for some reason. This is what it reads:
"I just spoke to @HCI_Ottawa HE Sanjay Kumar Verma who was very kind & considerate. For visas to Indo Canadians 70 pcnt is thru BLS in 9 cities & 30 pcnt walk in to Indian Comission & Consulates. there is back log due to visa suspension which shd get cleared soon and visas shd be granted in a 7-10 days from submission to BLS.
For emergency causes of death, serious illness, wedding etc please apply on Suwidha portal to nearest Indian consulate.
But it is our foremost duty to raise voice against fringe elements who are trying to spoil the atmosphere. Indo Canadians are suffering at their hands. Be proud of your indian roots."

Sapru

Oct 11, 2017
Canada
I have the screenshot I was trying to upload but can't upload an image here for some reason. This is what it reads:
"I just spoke to @HCI_Ottawa HE Sanjay Kumar Verma who was very kind & considerate. For visas to Indo Canadians 70 pcnt is thru BLS in 9 cities & 30 pcnt walk in to Indian Comission & Consulates. there is back log due to visa suspension which shd get cleared soon and visas shd be granted in a 7-10 days from submission to BLS.
For emergency causes of death, serious illness, wedding etc please apply on Suwidha portal to nearest Indian consulate.
But it is our foremost duty to raise voice against fringe elements who are trying to spoil the atmosphere. Indo Canadians are suffering at their hands. Be proud of your indian roots."
sounds awesome! so the fast processing of Entry Visa is a REAL thing!

GANU05

Oct 18, 2023
I am going on Monday to Surrey BLS, line up in cold weather. Anyone see me there say hello :D, will probably be covered in tons of fleece, reading a book- "explanation of Japji Sahib"

Reactions: RuchiWalia

sab12in

Star Member
Mar 16, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2014
Doc's Request.
24-12-2014
AOR Received.
17-06-2014
Med's Request
10-12-2014
Med's Done....
15-12-2014
Passport Req..
28-10-2015
LANDED..........
21-11-2015
Hi everyone,

Anyone who applied for entry visa at BLS Ottawa can you please share your timeline. Just need to follow to understand how long it is taking to get visa at Ottawa.
Today i collected my surrender certificate but my wife will probably get it early next week after which i am planning to apply for OCI and entry visa together.
Following is my timeline for surrender certificate.
BLS-Ottawa walk-in
Applied - 17-09-2023
SC Printed - 25-10-2023
SC ready for collection - 27-10-2023

Thanks

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hi everyone,

Anyone who applied for entry visa at BLS Ottawa can you please share your timeline. Just need to follow to understand how long it is taking to get visa at Ottawa.
Today i collected my surrender certificate but my wife will probably get it early next week after which i am planning to apply for OCI and entry visa together.
Following is my timeline for surrender certificate.
BLS-Ottawa walk-in
Applied - 17-09-2023
SC Printed - 25-10-2023
SC ready for collection - 27-10-2023

Thanks
Looks like you would be the first one to do it for Ottawa. No experience shared till now from there.

GANU05

Oct 18, 2023
Can we do the same for Vancouver jurisdiction please. I highly request everyone to share their entry visa timelines.