+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hello All,

In the OCI application, on the Document Upload page, I have list of documents some of them don't really make sense such as :
1. Indian Visa
2. Marriage Certificate
3. PIO card
4. Relationship Certificate
5. Spouse OCI card
6. Spouse Passport

Are we suppose to just not upload anything for these? Note: the root to Indian is selected as SELF.
These are enough - https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/posts/10335797/

You dont need to upload for all section

Reactions: wolf1989

rajset1234

Star Member
Feb 28, 2018
Choose 'Student' as profession of your minor, Then it will automatically ask you to specify occupation of one of the parents, then you choose 'Father' or Mother, and then specify the occupation details of one of the parent. thats how i am doing it.

bobrovsky07

Apr 3, 2017
You are theoretically right, however why does govt then organize events like "Pravasi Bhartiya Diwas"? Why is so much celebration when someone with Indian origin becomes CEO?

& we usually go for our relatives in India who are still Indian citizens. They are also suffering because of this. Additionally they asked Canada to reduce staff in India. That will slow down visa applications for Indians.

& we don't have any other country giving something similar to OCI, because almost half the countries allow dual citizenship, so there is no need of such document for them.
Exactly what I wanted to say. Thank you.

Reactions: softwaretesting

bobrovsky07

Apr 3, 2017
Choose 'Student' as profession of your minor, Then it will automatically ask you to specify occupation of one of the parents, then you choose 'Father' or Mother, and then specify the occupation details of one of the parent. thats how i am doing it.
My minor is 5 months old and there is nothing else in the dropdown list other than unemployed which makes sense. So for some cases i guess that is the only option.

Gkaur3

Star Member
Oct 23, 2020
Counter delivery to BLS Centre after OCI Stamping
what does it mean?
Hey I got that status on BLS one week after application while it changed to Under process on OCI website. It never changed to Processing at consulate general. I am worried what is happening with my application. Is it stuck or fast tracked.

Anncs

Star Member
Aug 31, 2017
I did that and they corrected it to unemployed minor NA

Reactions: Gagzgill

Piyush5767

Star Member
Feb 13, 2016
Can someone clarify? I want to confirm the two questions

I have an appointment for the visa can I use that one for OCI submission?
For OCI submission
Demand draft will be created in favour of "High Commission of India, Ottawa” / “Consulate General of India, Toronto” / Consulate General of India, Vancouver" or only the Consulate General of India, Toronto? do we have to mention the address as well of the Consulate General of India, Toronto?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Can someone clarify? I want to confirm the two questions

I have an appointment for the visa can I use that one for OCI submission?
For OCI submission
Demand draft will be created in favour of "High Commission of India, Ottawa” / “Consulate General of India, Toronto” / Consulate General of India, Vancouver" or only the Consulate General of India, Toronto? do we have to mention the address as well of the Consulate General of India, Toronto?
Many people have used other appointment for OCI.

The draft in favour of would depend on the location where you submitting. You don't have to specify the address only name is enough

Last edited:

ersandee

Jul 12, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
LANDED..........
25-03-2019
My ack date is Oct 5th but it still shows under process.. Not too sure but I think for Vancouver processing time is 30days after ack, not sure why.. keeping fingers crossed hope to hear something soon
Same here ACK Date Oct 4 still under process Vancouver