+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

Utkarsh1236

Jun 30, 2022
and you do understand that you gave up your citizenship and rights that came along with it. They are giving you OCI/PIO because you might have still members back home or have some roots/connections still to India. You might not be done with India but they can very well be done with you.

There is no obligations for them to do this OCI etc. Tell me one other country that gives something like OCI. I am not aware of any other.
Dual Citizenship May be?

bulls23

Star Member
Mar 2, 2023
I have the same updates as others. On OCI website, the document dispatched from Delhi is 20-OCT-2023 but nothing after that. Today I checked the BLS site and it shows last scan from 24-OCT-2023 but status is "Processing at High commission". I will give it a day or two for updates and appraise here. I chose Purolator so not expecting it to be in my hands before next week.
Update: Finally got my OCI card today. It has been a long few months to surrender the Indian ppt and then getting the OCI card. And finally I am done.
I wish everyone the best and good luck. Hope your processing goes fast and smooth & you reunite with your loved ones during the festive season.

Date Of Acknowledgment
23-Aug-2023​
MissionOttawa
Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn
19-Oct-2023​
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn
20-Oct-2023​
Document received AtOTTAWAOn
26-Oct-2023​
Document received via PurolatorIn handOn
26-Oct-2023​

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Hoping that it get updated max by tomorrow. I have travel date of Nov 1 (booked way before visa suspension or oci application), let's see if I can make it. Fingers crossed.
Even then Nov 1 is too close for delivery. You'll need everything to fall in place and try pickup. Good luck.

pavanmeka11

Oct 26, 2023
There is a decent chance. Ack may come in next few days and wait till then to decide whether to postpone or not.
Yes . Have appointment for visa on 2nd November at Brampton BLS . Processing time is 2 weeks when I called them. Even heard same from CGI that it will take 2 weeks . So thinking of submitting it too

Reactions: eas2lv

RuchiWalia

Oct 7, 2016
Vancouver BLS
Someone applied at BLS Edmonton in morning and they are being told that it will take 10 -15 days.. That made me think about applying for this one too.. But now with processing time all over place, I will hold onto this thought :( My only hope is processing of my OCI for which also I am sending mails everyday and literally begging :(

Does anyone know if MEA weekly briefing happened today?

Gagzgill

Oct 23, 2023
Hi @Anncs , I am filing Entry visa application for my minor. I got doubt - there’s section called “professional details of applicant”
I selected “UNEMPLOYED” from dropdown but “employer name” is still mandatory field - what did you write in that?
I’m thinking “NOT APPLICABLE MINOR APPLICANT”. Please advise. Thanks
@Rimi90 - if you can help, please.

Anncs

Star Member
Aug 31, 2017
Hi @Anncs , I am filing Entry visa application for my minor. I got doubt - there’s section called “professional details of applicant”
I selected “UNEMPLOYED” from dropdown but “employer name” is still mandatory field - what did you write in that?
I’m thinking “NOT APPLICABLE MINOR APPLICANT”. Please advise. Thanks
Yes

pgajiwala

Oct 20, 2020
For OCI How long does it take to see the status on BLS tracker after the application have been delivered by Purolator

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
and you do understand that you gave up your citizenship and rights that came along with it. They are giving you OCI/PIO because you might have still members back home or have some roots/connections still to India. You might not be done with India but they can very well be done with you.

There is no obligations for them to do this OCI etc. Tell me one other country that gives something like OCI. I am not aware of any other.
You are theoretically right, however why does govt then organize events like "Pravasi Bhartiya Diwas"? Why is so much celebration when someone with Indian origin becomes CEO?

& we usually go for our relatives in India who are still Indian citizens. They are also suffering because of this. Additionally they asked Canada to reduce staff in India. That will slow down visa applications for Indians.

& we don't have any other country giving something similar to OCI, because almost half the countries allow dual citizenship, so there is no need of such document for them.

wolf1989

Star Member
Jun 1, 2017
Hello All,

In the OCI application, on the Document Upload page, I have list of documents some of them don't really make sense such as :
1. Indian Visa
2. Marriage Certificate
3. PIO card
4. Relationship Certificate
5. Spouse OCI card
6. Spouse Passport

Are we suppose to just not upload anything for these? Note: the root to Indian is selected as SELF.

preet1911

Jun 30, 2015
I applied for entry visa through Brampton walk-in today. They said expect it within 10 days. I asked about the 45 days stated online and they said it has not been updated.
I have 3 nov walk in appointment under “passport section” i m going there for entry visa , do they realy cross check
During appointment booking , I put wrong last digit of passport number by mistake . Will it effect??
If someone else have any idea pls suggest .
thank you