+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

fshaik

Oct 3, 2023
Congratulations @fshaik. Happy to hear that you got it in time :) and happy journey !!
Is this the right email for BLS (info@blsinternational.com) or there is any specific email address where I need to email them for informing about pickup instead of courier?
@farooq.ind Thanks :) , I used this Grievance form and tried to reach them from https://www.blsindia-canada.com/toronto-jurisdiction/contact.php which sends email to similar email address I dont remember exactly but no response.

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hi Abbas, Do you think it is possible that the reason your OCI applications including the minor application took 8 weeks to process is due to two reasons: 1) it was a family application, i.e there was more than 1 application bundled along with the minor app, 2) you applied during the Christmas/newyear holiday time which might have delayed the whole process by say 1 week? Please let me know your thoughts.
It could be a possibility wrt year end holidays, but I believe each OCI application is considered independent and in my opinion not grouped a family application.
That's why I said given the all what's going on 8 weeks is a more reasonable timeframe to get the OCI in hand.

Sapru

Oct 11, 2017
Canada
After Jaishankar announcement about possibility for resuming visa services very soon, I am looking forward to this Thursday as most of visa announcements happened on Thursdays.
Really.. I never knew but this gives me hope! May be after the Dussehra holiday, the 'good' thinking conquers the 'evil' and they re-start e-visas as a Diwali Gift for everyone!

Reactions: RuchiWalia

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Really.. I never knew but this gives me hope! May be after the Dussehra holiday, the 'good' thinking conquers the 'evil' and they re-start e-visas as a Diwali Gift for everyone!
See , we are already thinking of it as "gift" when its just returning what was taken away :D But, sure, the "gift" would be most welcome.

Ryan0001

Oct 19, 2023
Bls website
Applied 21 sep
Status process at general consulate
Oci enquiry
Ack date 23 sep
Status processed oci 24 oct
Any idea when it’s update on bls

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Bls website
Applied 21 sep
Status process at general consulate
Oci enquiry
Ack date 23 sep
Status processed oci 24 oct
Any idea when it’s update on bls
Vancouver? Three recent cases posted here got OCI in hand in 4 to 5 calendar days from that point, so should be soon. But Consulate is closed tomorrow, see some movement on 25th?

kdmvarun

Dec 29, 2014
Hi I understand it’s a general consensus in the forum to not send the originals. However, the checklist for OCI minor applications asks for the original passport and birth certificate. I thought it was better to send in, than wait for them to reject and send back the application, thus losing out on dates. Also, considering the fact I had my initial travel date as Nov 2nd, and we trust the purolator and bls service (based on my passport renewal process), I sent in the originals.
my query is definitely to know what is the process to get it back :)
BLS will send the originals back via Purolator in a few days.

mr.ankit.pandey

Jul 2, 2019
Hi All, Can anyone help me pls, I am trying to book pick up and drop for OCI and for drop it is asking me to input drop off address twice, which when I do its charging me for normal drop off and express drop off $30/each, totaling to $90? for the whole thing. if I enter address jst once it would not let me proceed, am I the only one facing this or is it how it should be for all?