+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

R1simpson

Oct 23, 2023
Hello everyone,
I am new on this forum.

I applied for the new OCI application via mail and the BLS Brampton shows it received my application on 17Oct.
I applied for the application via mail and the BLS Brampton shows it received my application on 17Oct.
23rd Oct it got updated to under process on BLS website.

I have my flight on 15 December. What are the current timelines for new OCI applications?

aaravchugh

Oct 16, 2023
@aaravchugh could you clarify what does this mean?
I am just as confused as I am. With following Toronto spread sheet here, I should have had my card back to me. I have also asked multiple other people who applied for renewal like me for their timeline and everyones timeline for less than mine. Called Consulate 100 times before I could get a hold of someone. I know somebody who works at consulate and told me there is a mandatory "cooling off" period which can not be interfered with what so ever. No email, no call would help, its a computerized system. (confusing, I know) There is no specific reason, they do random checks and make sure the candidate is fit enough to receive OCI. But this delays the process.

aaravchugh

Oct 16, 2023
This is a renewal after crossing Age 20 case. Its taking longer (~30 days) for some odd reason.
Its not just for renewal, for fresh applications as well. I have a friend who's also stuck. (He applied for a Fresh OCI) and according to consulate this is a very regular occurrence.

R1simpson

Oct 23, 2023
Hello everyone,
I am new on this forum.

I applied for the new OCI application via mail and the BLS Brampton shows it received my application on 17Oct.
I applied for the application via mail and the BLS Brampton shows it received my application on 17Oct.
23rd Oct it got updated to under process on BLS website.

I have my flight on 15 December. What are the current timelines for new OCI applications?
I am worried as don’t know if I should reschedule my flight as my marriage is on 20th December.

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Seems like those would be the ones sent in by CAnada post, they want us to use Purolator, it seems some backoffice deal between purolater and BLS
Nah, the consulate wouldn;t care (or know) whether you sent by canada post or purolator or walked-in. BLS, of course does... aaravchugh is not referring to fresh OCI applications, but a special case of renewal.

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Its not just for renewal, for fresh applications as well. I have a friend who's also stuck. (He applied for a Fresh OCI) and according to consulate this is a very regular occurrence.
That way, I know of cases which took 3 months. Also the current 21 days we see is just what is reported recently by a majority of people here -- it used to take longer in the past. So, sure, there are cases where it takes longer and we may see delays even in typical cases going forward. Take all projections for what its worth and leave a lot of room for delays if you are making travel plans.

Reactions: aaravchugh

Terminator

Feb 1, 2018
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-10-2011
Doc's Request.
30-10-2015
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
15-09-2012
IELTS Request
08-05-2005
File Transfer...
08-01-2011
Med's Request
18-10-2003
Med's Done....
18-11-2010
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
12-03-2001
VISA ISSUED...
25-01-2000
LANDED..........
06-04-2010
I am worried as don’t know if I should reschedule my flight as my marriage is on 20th December.
You are tight, but on an average people are getting their OCIs around 7 weeks . You are likely to get your OCI around first week of December given current timelines.

But things may change as they have sudden increase in OCI applications which may increase that

Looking at the spreadsheet, After getting your application date from BLS, it further takes ~3weeks for consulate to acknowledge and then consulate is consistent in taking further 3 weeks to process after acknowledgement. And one week to send over to BLS. From BLS if you pay them for Purolater, its like 3 days tops. ~~ 7 weeks total

R1simpson

Oct 23, 2023
You are tight, but on an average people are getting their OCIs around 7 weeks . You are likely to get your OCI around first week of December given current timelines.

But things may change as they have sudden increase in OCI applications which may increase that

Looking at the spreadsheet, After getting your application date from BLS, it further takes ~3weeks for consulate to acknowledge and then consulate is consistent in taking further 3 weeks to process after acknowledgement. And one week to send over to BLS. From BLS if you pay them for Purolater, its like 3 days tops. ~~ 7 weeks total
So that would be roughly 7 weeks from now right?

Tintedblues

Jan 26, 2019
Please update my timeline for OCI application.

Postal application at BLS Brampton.

Picke up by Purolator - 02 OCT 2023.
Received at on BLS website - 04 OCT 2023
Application date on BLS website - 11 OCT 2023
Status on BLS website - Under process at consulate
Status on OCI Website - No records found

My travel date is 16 DEC 2023.

Let me know, if I can make it.
I have the exact timeline. And my travel is on 24th December :) although mine is minor application.