+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

fshaik

Oct 3, 2023
You are supposed to email BLS (see their FAQ item on this) for requesting pickup after paying for courier, and pickup the same day they receive it from the consulate. So, email them, but do not wait for a reply as you may not get one. For "processed" today they are likely to receive it "tomorrow" (i.e., next working day) going by other cases in recent weeks, sometimes a day later. Pickup time is 3pm to 4:30pm but go a bit earlier than 3pm, as there are lineups for enquiries etc at the same time.
Yes, I emailed them but no response, I will be going today around 2:00pm. BLS site status still showing (Counter Delivery to BLS Centre after OCI stamping).

Reactions: farooq.ind

meghalshah

Nov 4, 2019
Going by the current trends very much possible. You may get yours processed by Nov 1st and then get it in hand in a week from then.
@eas2lv - are you the one who is managing the tracker for toronto/brampton? If yes, possible to add my OCI details?
OCI Submitted Brampton BLS: 23rd Sep
OCI Acknowledge date on OCI site/tracker: 10th Oct
OCI Processed: 2nd Nov (tentative as per tracker)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vSw0K_bUGvWjN0uF4Ecqzi8UPVDQwjHCwQHMgkuUpBRcJo-CQa9IUYjY4DGqdQ6zmC3bP0D__lImeKb/pubhtml

Last edited:
Reactions: eas2lv

fshaik

Oct 3, 2023
@fshaik I am expecting my OCI status to show as "Processed" on 26th Oct 2023. Just wanted to check with you if BLS allowed you to pick it up from their center (even when you paid for courier). My travel date is Nov 1 and I am hoping they will allow me to pick it up instead of me waiting for courier.

Any particular time of the day I should go to BLS for pickup or any pre-requisite before I go there? You response will be very helpful in understanding the process.

Thank you.
They did modify my courier to Strictly Hold for Pick up with time stamp on the BLS site. I will let you know if I am able to pick it up today.

Popat@queen

Apr 11, 2019
@eas2lv I received acknowledgment for my son's OCI application today. Please update the tracker with the following details:

Postal application received by BLS: 2 Oct
Application Date on BLS website: 6 Oct
Status changed on BLS website to "under process": 9 Oct
Status changed on BLS website to "processing at Consulate General": 11 Oct
Acknowledgment on OCI website: 23 Oct

Thanks!
Mine is similar.

No acknowledgement yet on OCI website.

alias11

Jun 3, 2021
We sent our postal application for minor OCI on 10th of October. BLS website shows our child's name spelled wrong. We sent an enquiry to correct it but no update yet. Anyone had the same issue ?
Our timeline

October 8 2023 : OCI Minor online application submitted
October 10 ,2023 : Document sent
October 13th,2023 : BLS Tracking shows application received on October 13th
Applicants DOB error in tracking : Both application date and DOB were same and submitted an enquiry to correct it
October 21,2023 : BLS website says application under process. Application received date is now October 21.
DOB error was corrected and now applicants name spelling is wrong in the tracking website
October 22,2023 : Raised another enquiry to correct name

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Yes, I emailed them but no response, I will be going today around 2:00pm. BLS site status still showing (Counter Delivery to BLS Centre after OCI stamping).
Everyone I've tracked in recent weeks have got it mailed out within 2 working days after "Counter delivery". Sometimes BLS fails to update status with tracking number. Still worth a try to do pickup this afternoon, please let's know if it worked.

Reactions: fshaik

kaminenis

Star Member
Sep 6, 2013
You can check in Purolator tracking with your application reference number. You can find it if a label is created or shipped.

Ranbir.meet

Star Member
Sep 27, 2017
Hello,
Does anyone who where can I find the ticket number after generating a ticket using the escalation form on BLS website?
Thanks in advance

fshaik

Oct 3, 2023
You can check in Purolator tracking with your application reference number. You can find it if a label is created or shipped.
@kaminnis I checked on the Purolator regular tracking with application reference number I dont see anything. I have seen BLS updating tracking number in BLS site when they ship it. If you have any other specific link please share it. TIA