+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

Sapru

Oct 11, 2017
Canada
BLS sent back my application with the reason "PLEASE UPLOAD PICTURE IN CORRECT FORMAT TAKING SHOULDERS INTO THE FRAME. " I guess I pissed them off by following up on the status of my application as to why it was not updated in their tracker even after 15 days
Did the picture actually didn't have shoulders in it ?

Blackdisc

Star Member
Sep 24, 2013
Does anyone know if the OCI website and the BLS website are updated in real time or just at the end of the day.
My OCI application is imminent now to be processed, therefore I am curious to know if checking the status multiple times a day will help knowing if the application is approved or perhaps better to wait till the end of the day.

Also do we receive an email once the OCI application completes processing?

Thanks in advance.

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hi Abbas Pasha, Can you please provide your minor OCI application timelines so i can get an idea? I have also applied for my minor child on Oct 18 2023, walk in BLS Brampton. Also, in your case, was it just 1 minor app or was it along with other family members application?
We as a family submitted on Dec 28, 2022.
Collected OCI from BLS Brampton (for spouse and minor) on Feb 24, 2023.
BLS ended up sending my OCI by courier without even paying for it :D

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/oci-process.254662/post-10373439

rajset1234

Star Member
Feb 28, 2018
We as a family submitted on Dec 28, 2022.
Collected OCI from BLS Brampton (for spouse and minor) on Feb 24, 2023.
BLS ended up sending my OCI by courier without even paying for it :D

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/oci-process.254662/post-10373439
Hi Abbas, Do you think it is possible that the reason your OCI applications including the minor application took 8 weeks to process is due to two reasons: 1) it was a family application, i.e there was more than 1 application bundled along with the minor app, 2) you applied during the Christmasnewyear holiday time which might have delayed the whole process by say 1 week? Please let me know your thoughts.

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Minor OCI Application date- October 19th (walk-in brampton)
BLS status- processing at Consulate
OCI website - No record found

would appreciate if anyone can help me with tentative date when can I expect oci?
Best case estimate: about Dec 4. Wait for Ack for a better estimate.

Reactions: Gagzgill

time1976

Oct 17, 2023
Reached at night around 8 ish. Could make it by 11 AM
Wait - are you telling me you actually stayed there in line for the ENTIRE night, and a total of 15 hours? I have read news reports about this, but this is the first time I'm seeing someone actually do this. This is shameful and inhuman! (not saying anything against you)

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Does anyone know if the OCI website and the BLS website are updated in real time or just at the end of the day.
My OCI application is imminent now to be processed, therefore I am curious to know if checking the status multiple times a day will help knowing if the application is approved or perhaps better to wait till the end of the day.

Also do we receive an email once the OCI application completes processing?

Thanks in advance.
No emails are sent from OCI site. OCI status site updates when they work on the application -- but there is a small delay ( about 20 minutes) for it to appear in the status data that we see.

j.pallavi16

Feb 11, 2022
@eas2lv I received acknowledgment for my son's OCI application today. Please update the tracker with the following details:

Postal application received by BLS: 2 Oct
Application Date on BLS website: 6 Oct
Status changed on BLS website to "under process": 9 Oct
Status changed on BLS website to "processing at Consulate General": 11 Oct
Acknowledgment on OCI website: 23 Oct

Thanks!

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
@fshaik I am expecting my OCI status to show as "Processed" on 26th Oct 2023. Just wanted to check with you if BLS allowed you to pick it up from their center (even when you paid for courier). My travel date is Nov 1 and I am hoping they will allow me to pick it up instead of me waiting for courier.

Any particular time of the day I should go to BLS for pickup or any pre-requisite before I go there? You response will be very helpful in understanding the process.

Thank you.
You are supposed to email BLS (see their FAQ item on this) for requesting pickup after paying for courier, and pickup the same day they receive it from the consulate. So, email them, but do not wait for a reply as you may not get one. For "processed" today they are likely to receive it "tomorrow" (i.e., next working day) going by other cases in recent weeks, sometimes a day later. Pickup time is 3pm to 4:30pm but go a bit earlier than 3pm, as there are lineups for enquiries etc at the same time.

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Hi Abbas Pasha, Can you please provide your minor OCI application timelines so i can get an idea? I have also applied for my minor child on Oct 18 2023, walk in BLS Brampton. Also, in your case, was it just 1 minor app or was it along with other family members application?
There are a number of minor OCI application timelines from this month in the tracker (link below). More reliable than what happened a year ago.

Hemusharma51

May 19, 2017
India
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-06-2018
Nomination.....
May-18
AOR Received.
14-06-2018
@eas2lv I received acknowledgment for my son's OCI application today. Please update the tracker with the following details:

Postal application received by BLS: 2 Oct
Application Date on BLS website: 6 Oct
Status changed on BLS website to "under process": 9 Oct
Status changed on BLS website to "processing at Consulate General": 11 Oct
Acknowledgment on OCI website: 23 Oct

Thanks!
Mine application is also Oct 6,2023 but no update for me on OCI Website

meghalshah

Nov 4, 2019
For Toronto/Brampton, it's taking roughly 22 days from OCI acknowledgment to processed. Add in 3-4 days for delivery/pickup and you should get your OCI well before 20th November.

All the best, best of luck, yay, kudos, congratulations, fantastic, cheers... others can chime in with other words.
@RedWhiteRed - 22 days from acknowledgment - do you consider Mon-Fri or Mon-Sat? I know consulate do not work on Sat, so just wondering if it makes difference.