Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
I had same thing happened to me.

But a day later it changed to Processing at Consulate.
Thanks for sharing that. So, just a glitch in the system, I guess. Did you have to call BLS for it to change?
Others who experience this please do follow up here when you get updates --- a premature status change like that is very concerning for those affected.

Reactions: esdi

GANU05

Oct 18, 2023
for those with travel plans, booked tickets, etc. isn't there something we do? a collective voice, maybe a petition. is there a platform where our voices can be heard.
What I know is that until and unless PM Canada provide security to Indian Diplomats, they won't resume evisas

Reactions: RuchiWalia

harryguns

Sep 27, 2019
Received an update just now - 17 Oct
OCI website Status
22-SEP-2023 : Date Of Acknowledgment
13-OCT-2023 : Documents Printing Status PROCESSED
13-OCT-2023 : Dispatched From MEA (OCI ) NEW DELHI
13-OCT-2023 : Document received At TORONTO

BLS Website Status
22-SEP-2023 : Under Process
22-SEP-2023 : Processing at Consulate General
16-OCT-2023 : Counter Delivery to BLS Centre after OCI stamping
17-OCT-2023 : Passport ready For Dispatch after OCI stamping
Finally! Received my OCI card today - 18 Oct 2023
My best wishes to all those who are awaiting the processing of their OCI applications, hoping for a successful outcome and expeditious resolution.
JAI HIND! JAI BHARAT!

Below is my timeline for reference
OCI website Status
--
BLS Website Status
--
18-OCT-2023 : OCI Delivered by Purolator

esdi

Oct 18, 2023
I’m in a same boat and worries. My application date is Oct 11th and yesterday got the status changed to 'Counter delivery at BLS...'. Not sure what it means. Let’s connect when anyone of us hear back first.
Sounds good. Did you try contacting BLS?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Finally! Received my OCI card today - 18 Oct 2023
My best wishes to all those who are awaiting the processing of their OCI applications, hoping for a successful outcome and expeditious resolution.
JAI HIND! JAI BHARAT!

Below is my timeline for reference
OCI website Status
--
BLS Website Status
--
18-OCT-2023 : OCI Delivered by Purolator
Did you do anything for faster processing?

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
for those with travel plans, booked tickets, etc. isn't there something we do? a collective voice, maybe a petition. is there a platform where our voices can be heard.
What I know is that until and unless PM Canada provide security to Indian Diplomats, they won't resume evisas
I think it should be raised somehow on Indian side, since Indian govt stopped it.

No Indian diplomat was physically attacked in Canada, so not sure if Canadian govt can do anything. Instead Indian diplomat was attacked in UK but visas are not stopped for UK citizens.

Reactions: preet1911

RuchiWalia

Oct 7, 2016
I think it should be raised somehow on Indian side, since Indian govt stopped it.

No Indian diplomat was physically attacked in Canada, so not sure if Canadian govt can do anything. Instead Indian diplomat was attacked in UK but visas are not stopped for UK citizens.
I have no idea what can we do.. I started using twitter to request same with #restorevisa

Reactions: steveD

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Sure, collective petition to GOI and pressure from inside India by relatives could prove useful. But, there is no logic behind the visa-suspension, and hence no way to know what has to happen for it to resume. Especially for e-Visa: many Indian embassy sites display a note saying "e-Visas are processed directly from New Delhi and Embassy of India, xxx has no role in e-visa process. ...". Even for other visa categories, how are they processing OCI and passports if they are unable to work?
This is not a channel to discuss politics and diplomacy, so I'll leave it at that.

Reactions: softwaretesting

RuchiWalia

Oct 7, 2016
Sure, collective petition to GOI and pressure from inside India by relatives could prove useful. But, there is no logic behind the visa-suspension, and hence no way to know what has to happen for it to resume. Especially for e-Visa: many Indian embassy sites display a note saying "e-Visas are processed directly from New Delhi and Embassy of India, xxx has no role in e-visa process. ...". Even for other visa categories, how are they processing OCI and passports if they are unable to work?
This is not a channel to discuss politics and diplomacy, so I'll leave it at that.
Thats what I dont understand why they stopped Evisas.. And infact they havent even processed the ones which were submitted before this ban :( I am stuck so bad. Evisa in processing since Sep 19th and OCI in processing since Sep 27th with Ack date Oct 5th (vancouver) and tickets are booked for Oct 27th :( Everyday sending mails to OCI Vancouver mail id and no response.. Calling consulates and cant even get through to angent.. Family in india worried and I have no answers.. Wish they do something

• Sad
Reactions: softwaretesting

param1234

Oct 4, 2023

We are raising it on TWITTER [X], please join there and use #RestoreEvisa hashtag. There are over 10k posts about it and more would be better to create pressure

tetalks

Star Member
Sep 5, 2022
Hello @Everyone

My humble request to everyone to use Twitter to escalate and create pressure on the Canadian and Indian gov to resume dialogue and resume e-visa so innocent people like us who are stuck can travel
Use hashtag #RestoreEvisa and tag Justin T, Narendra Modi, Dr J Shankar, MEA India, HCI Ottawa
I really don't think there's much Canadian gov can do. Only a special kind of cavemen would throw their own citizens under the bus to look tough.

RuchiWalia

Oct 7, 2016
2 days faster than average for ack (lucky), quick dispatch and delivery in 5 days -- 37 days in all. Pretty good. Way to go :)
I just wish I get that luck with Vancouver too.. Every passing day is just increasing anxiety.. Tomorrow it will be complete 4 weeks, hopefully they restore services now