+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

easyrider13

Oct 26, 2017
To those who have applied, can you confirm if the documents that need to be uploaded online need to be self attested before uploading or is it just the submitted photocopies that need to be self attested?

niswe

Apr 5, 2017
For OCI application for a minor, would the minor have to self-attest the copies of the foreign passport with a thumbprint? I realise this might sound like a stupid question, but they do require the thumbprint of the minor on the application form...
Thump print only required on application form. Supporting documents of minor and marriage certificate have to be signed by both parents and parents own supporting documents which are being attached with minor application like parent passport etc have to be signed by respective parent.

Reactions: fallcolours

somak2001

Mar 13, 2017
Canada
@somak2001 It was still underprocess on 29th right? So may be reached the Consulate only on 2nd -- hang in there, Ack will come soon.
That's right. Infact the BLS tracker status became 'processing at consulate' on Oct 3, 2023 as I am guessing Oct 2 was a long weekend holiday.

I am more concerned because my application was ready and sent on Sep 22. I should have attempted walk-in, instead of wasting so many days. I didn't know that postal applications take so long to process. :(

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
To those who have applied, can you confirm if the documents that need to be uploaded online need to be self attested before uploading or is it just the submitted photocopies that need to be self attested?
I uploaded self-attested documents, that's what I had read in a guidelines doc from the ministry, but here people have had success either way. Others may have more to say.

Reactions: easyrider13

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
That's right. Infact the BLS tracker status became 'processing at consulate' on Oct 3, 2023 as I am guessing Oct 2 was a long weekend holiday.

I am more concerned because my application was ready and sent on Sep 22. I should have attempted walk-in, instead of wasting so many days. I didn't know that postal applications take so long to process. :(
Yes, a week or even longer delay at BLS is what I see with postal applications. They are supposed to process them faster as per HCI's service standards, but it seems there is no oversight.

Last edited:

Sammzk

Aug 10, 2023
Does the status at BLS show up like this 2 times one below the other? Asking because i want to know if this is a glitch or something...
underprocess
underprocess

Guptavv

Oct 15, 2017
NA
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
21-07-2017
Doc's Request.
13-10-2017
AOR Received.
06-11-2017
IELTS Request
10-07-2017
Med's Request
25-10-2017
Passport Req..
04-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2018
LANDED..........
04-06-2018
BLS has been showing processing at Consulate status since September 29, 2023 but the status on the OCI website is not showing it keeps saying record not found, I am just wondering has the applications become really slow or is there something else happening. Any body around the same timeframe got any updates on OCI status Enquiry

somak2001

Mar 13, 2017
Canada
BLS has been showing processing at Consulate status since September 29, 2023 but the status on the OCI website is not showing it keeps saying record not found, I am just wondering has the applications become really slow or is there something else happening. Any body around the same timeframe got any updates on OCI status Enquiry
We have the same date, buddy. I am still waiting for acknowledgement.

Reactions: Guptavv

sasharma25

Sep 16, 2023
New OCI status:
Acknowledgment 14 Aug
Processed: 6th Oct
Dispatched from Delhi: 6th October
Document received in Ottawa: No update yet.
Now it is stuck in this status since then.

Applied walk-in from Montreal. Ottawa jurisdiction. Did not opt for courier service.
Sorry about late update , I was so annoyed and it was giving anxiety so I stopped checking for a while and I only checked Bls tracking once last week.
I’ll be checking OCI status daily now.
Ottawa is really slow.

@forw.jane @sasharma25 @VimalSagar not sure who all were looking for this information. I remember these names
Thank you @reenal . Congratulations.
Keep us posted.
My acknowledgment date was Aug 16 from Montreal. But seems there is no update.others with same acknowledgment date have got it. Not sure how Ottawa works

harryguns

Sep 27, 2019
Date of Application: Sep 5
Date of acknowledgment - Sept 21
Toronto BLS

Documents Printing Status PROCESSED 12-OCT-2023
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHI 12-OCT-2023
Document received At TORONTO 12-OCT-2023
Great news!!.
My Date of acknowledgement is 22nd Sep, Toronto location. Hopefully I would have some update by tomorrow / Monday.

JanP

Sep 29, 2016
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-02-2017
Passport Req..
02-05-2017
VISA ISSUED...
16-05-2017
LANDED..........
21-05-2017
Hello! This might be a silly question but my friend plans on applying for OCI and he was born in Canada and is above the age of 18. On all the checklists etc. I only see the category of "Application for OCI to Minor Children" but in the list of who can apply for OCI in general it does say anyone 'who is a child or a grand-child of such a citizen' can apply. Do we just follow the checklist for minor children for my friend (so birth certificate, NOC signed by both parents etc.)?