+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

Kanedaa

Mar 2, 2020
LANDED..........
08-27-2015
Thanks. Was this a postal application sent out on Oct 06, not walk-in? If former let's know when BLS passes it on to the consulate.

PS: I prefer people to post their updates here for archival reasons and for everyone to see, not directly edit the list. Publicly editable docs do get vandalized, so not going there.
It was a postal application. The sheet is updated incorrectly. Applied is Oct-6, Ack-ed should be Oct-11.
Please update

niswe

Apr 5, 2017
Just got Acknowledgement. Checked 10 mins back it was no record found.

Date Of Acknowledgment12-OCT-2023
Registration Status at MissionTORONTO
OCI Application StatusUNDER-PROCESS

Reactions: bulls23 and eas2lv

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Just got Acknowledgement. Checked 10 mins back it was no record found.

Date Of Acknowledgment12-OCT-2023
Registration Status at MissionTORONTO
OCI Application StatusUNDER-PROCESS
That's excellent news. We're slowly getting back to the 13-14 day Ack timeline after the delay following the long weekend. Good to see that -- every single day counts :)

Reactions: niswe

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
It was a postal application. The sheet is updated incorrectly. Applied is Oct-6, Ack-ed should be Oct-11.
Please update
Ack-ed date in the tracker is the one from the Consulate which is a critical stage in the process. Applied date is when application is accepted by BLS which is easy to determine for walk-in, not so easy for postal. For the latter I try to use the best estimate of that date -- for you ACK from BLS is a place holder for that. Please update when it changes to underprocess at BLS or Processing at consulate General.

That said if Oct 11 ACK is from the consulate pls confirm. Thanks.

kadir.ayubi

Star Member
Jun 26, 2014
Hello Everyone,

We recently became Canadian Citizens (originally Indian Citizens) and are awaiting to get our Canadian Passports.

I had a question around the Passport Surrender and OCI Application process.

We are based out of Toronto and I was wondering if we can submit our Passport Surrender and OCI Applications (later on) in Montreal given the number of open appointment slots available in Montreal?

Or is this not possible as our based/main location is Toronto?

Really appreciate your response.

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hello Everyone,

We recently became Canadian Citizens (originally Indian Citizens) and are awaiting to get our Canadian Passports.

I had a question around the Passport Surrender and OCI Application process.

We are based out of Toronto and I was wondering if we can submit our Passport Surrender and OCI Applications (later on) in Montreal given the number of open appointment slots available in Montreal?

Or is this not possible as our based/main location is Toronto?

Really appreciate your response.
No you cannot.
You need to provide address proof along with your surrender/OCI applications

Reactions: kadir.ayubi

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Since for both it was delivered on 29th, I am guessing between today and tomorrow you will get it too. And then 21 days count will start.
@somak2001 It was still underprocess on 29th right? So may be reached the Consulate only on 2nd -- hang in there, Ack will come soon.

Reactions: somak2001

fallcolours

Star Member
Oct 19, 2017
For OCI application for a minor, would the minor have to self-attest the copies of the foreign passport with a thumbprint? I realise this might sound like a stupid question, but they do require the thumbprint of the minor on the application form...