+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

niswe

Apr 5, 2017
I have surrendered my passport. Does anyone know that we can travel to India?
I don't have OCI[in progress] and no visa. Have a medical emergency.
Call consulate, quote the medical emergency and they can guide if emergency visa still available.

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
I tried there it on ociservices website but it says “no record found”. And on BLS tracking it says “under process” since I applied on Oct 5 2023
Which location? In Toronto it takes 2 weeks, Ottawa a lot longer.

param1234

Oct 4, 2023
Call consulate, quote the medical emergency and they can guide if emergency visa still available.
I went to the Consulate yesterday and the response was ruthless "We sympathise with the difficult situation that you are facing. Both regular and e-visas for Canadian nationals currently stand suspended due to operational reasons of which you would be aware. If there is any change, it shall be made known suitably."

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Anyone tried sending mail to consulate regarding processing and do u think it can help?
It cant hurt and there is some room for expediting the process in Vancouver, but unlikely to make a difference unless you know someone. In the past consulate has been responsive a couple of times I emailed them but not very helpful.

RuchiWalia

Oct 7, 2016
It cant hurt and there is some room for expediting the process in Vancouver, but unlikely to make a difference unless you know someone. In the past consulate has been responsive a couple of times I emailed them but not very helpful.
Thanks I have sent email to OCI mail id as mentioned on Vancouver consulate website but lets see.. I heard they are not even issuing emergency visas so I dont know if they will even listen to the request of processing of OCI :( I just wish high officials can see how much trouble we all are going through :(

easyrider13

Oct 26, 2017
I have heard that security themselves have told people to try any appointment and come. The only thing is visa appointment is for 60 building and OCI is done at the 40 building. Anyone else have experience with going in for a visa appointment for an OCI application at the Brampton BLS? My appointment is tomorrow so I'm kind of anxious.
Bumping this up to see if anyone has an answer or has done the same?

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
I tried there it on ociservices website but it says “no record found”. And on BLS tracking it says “under process” since I applied on Oct 5 2023
Call BLS and ask why the application is not passed on to the consulate. Possibly its a glitch in their status system, but better follow up as it has been a week. Once its in the consulate, Vancouver is currently quick with Acknowledgement --- takes only a couple of days unlike Toronto and Ottawa.

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Bumping this up to see if anyone has an answer or has done the same?
Based on the process that I have seen in North York I think it should work. There the security only checked the name against a list he has, not even the ID to cross-check the name. But Brampton could be different.

Reactions: easyrider13

h3xx_r_d

Star Member
May 10, 2019
Just received an update for my spouse’s application. Submitted in-person at BLS Toronto on Sept 8.
Date of acknowledgment - Sept 20

Documents Printing Status PROCESSED 12-OCT-2023
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHI 12-OCT-2023
Document received At TORONTO 12-OCT-2023

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Just received an update for my spouse’s application. Submitted in-person at BLS Toronto on Sept 8.
Date of acknowledgment - Sept 20

Documents Printing Status PROCESSED 12-OCT-2023
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHI 12-OCT-2023
Document received At TORONTO 12-OCT-2023
Thanks for sharing. Please post when you receive it.

Reactions: h3xx_r_d