Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Hi @abbas.pasha , @forw.jane , @eas2lv,

OCI Acknowledgment date is 2023-Oct-11. Vancouver consulate. Do you think there is a chance of getting the OCI by Nov 30?

I am trying to figure out when I should book for trip to India.

Please advice.

Thank you.
Looks very likely by current trends -- about 35 days post ack in Vancouver. Add a week for delivery to BLS and dispatch/pickup after that. Technically the mandatory wait after ack is only 20 days, but when the consulate acts depends on their backlog and resources. If you have not booked tickets yet, give it some cushion and book a bit later than that.

Reactions: krishere1982

reddy1995

Mar 30, 2023
Hi, in the OCI tracker it shows that document received at Vancouver on 4th Oct and no update since then. Usually how long will it take to dispatch OCI after receiving at the Vancouver office.

kurtrules

Star Member
May 6, 2016
Status update:

Date Of Acknowledgment
13-Sep-23​
Registration Status at MissionTORONTO
OCI- Number
Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn
05-Oct-23​
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn
Document received AtTORONTOOn
I received the OCI cards for all 3 of us 5 minutes ago, at home, delivered from Purolator. Total time take from applying to delivery (30 Aug - 11th Oct): 42 days.

Thanks everyone for your assistance. I will give back by assisting on any queries I can on this channel, going forward.

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Hi, in the OCI tracker it shows that document received at Vancouver on 4th Oct and no update since then. Usually how long will it take to dispatch OCI after receiving at the Vancouver office.
Around 6 weeks by current trends after it gets acknowledged by the consulate, not BLS office.
Or did you mean application is processed and OCI was delivered to BLS office on Oct 04?

Last edited:

kurtrules

Star Member
May 6, 2016
If you mean that the OCI has been received at the Vancouver office post processing, then you should be able to recieve it in a week or so. That is if you selected postal service not pickup.

Our date was 5th Oct - We just recieved the OCI cards today.

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
I received the OCI cards for all 3 of us 5 minutes ago, at home, delivered from Purolator. Total time take from applying to delivery (30 Aug - 11th Oct): 42 days.

Thanks everyone for your assistance. I will give back by assisting on any queries I can on this channel, going forward.
Excellent news. Toronto is keeping up its reputation as the fastest right now :)

Reactions: kurtrules

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Thanks, the consulate has been efficient, unlike the experience at BLS, which wasn't too pleasant
True, but with BLS verifying all original documents these days, the consulate has little work to do to process most applications. Earlier document verification used to be done by the consulate. Security check is done by Delhi. Sure, they are doing their job, thankfully.

Reactions: kurtrules

Rachna12

Aug 1, 2023
If you mean that the OCI has been received at the Vancouver office post processing, then you should be able to recieve it in a week or so. That is if you selected postal service not pickup.

Our date was 5th Oct - We just recieved the OCI cards today.
Hi.. is there any timeline for pickup service at vancouver office after OCI is delivered at BLS office?

anksyahoo

May 4, 2020
Do we receive any ACK for postal applications?

I submitted in person at BLS Ottawa and BLS shows-
Application StatusProcessing at High Commission
Processing at High Commission

Whereas tracking on OCI website says UNDER PROCESS.

Is this what we all expect or am I missing something?

angel1287

Star Member
Mar 22, 2013
*Update*

OCI Timeline Vancouver
BLS Portal Status:
01 Sep: In-Person Application BLS Vancouver
01 Sep: under process
05 Sep: Processing at Consulate General

OCI Enquiry Website:
06 Sep: Date Of Acknowledgment
06 Sep: UNDER-PROCESS
11 Oct: Documents Printing Status - Processed
11 Oct: Dispatched From MEA (OCI) - New Delhi
11 Oct: Document received At - Vancouver

Total days: 35 Days/5 Weeks
Delivery still pending
I m kind of in the same boat. Do they notify once the oci has been shipped to the home address and how many days does it take for delivery? Thanks

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Do we receive any ACK for postal applications?

I submitted in person at BLS Ottawa and BLS shows-
Application StatusProcessing at High Commission
Processing at High Commission

Whereas tracking on OCI website says UNDER PROCESS.

Is this what we all expect or am I missing something?
For in person this is what we see.

Reactions: anksyahoo