+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

mechingineer

Star Member
Nov 29, 2018
Hello Everyone, What exactly is acknowledgement?

I received an email from BLS saying 'Your OCI application with airway bill no XXXXXXXXXXXX has received at our BLS Center.'

Is this the acknowledgement?

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......

I received an email from BLS saying 'Your OCI application with airway bill no XXXXXXXXXXXX has received at our BLS Center.'

Ack is given by the consulate after they verify that your application looks complete and particulars match supporting documents. Only at that point the application appears on the official online tracker and there it will show the Ack date.
In your case BLS has to process the application and pass it on to the consulate first. Then, depending on the consulate, it could take a few days to few weeks for Acknowledgement. Currently about 2 weeks in Toronto.

mechingineer

Star Member
Nov 29, 2018
Ack is given by the consulate after they verify that your application looks complete and particulars match supporting documents. Only at that point the application appears on the official online tracker and there it will show the Ack date.
In your case BLS has to process the application and pass it on to the consulate first. Then, depending on the consulate, it could take a few days to few weeks for Acknowledgement. Currently about 2 weeks in Toronto.
Thank you so much... I was wondering why I was not able to track the application on 'https://ociservices.gov.in/statusEnqury'. The application status on BLS says 'Processing at Consulate General'

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Most people posted here with Sept 23 walk-in have got ack by yesterday. So, expect it to come soon, hopefully today. When did the status at BLS tracking change to "Processing at Consulate General"?

mechingineer

Star Member
Nov 29, 2018
When did the BLS status started showing that and which location? If Toronto I want to add you to my tracking sheet.
Postal OCI Application Picked up on 27th Sep 2023
Postal OCI Application Delivered to BLS Brampton on 28th Sep 2023
Received Acknowledgement from BLS on 2nd Oct 2023
Status changed to 'Processing at consulate' on 6th Oct 2023

No records have been found on ''https://ociservices.gov.in/statusEnqury' as of date.

Sk5142

Oct 11, 2023
Most people posted here with Sept 23 walk-in have got ack by yesterday. So, expect it to come soon, hopefully today. When did the status at BLS tracking change to "Processing at Consulate General"?
Status changed to processing at consulate at 25th sept

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016

The email you received BLS is that they have received your package at there center.
They will process your application further and if everything is ok they will send your application for further processing.
Wait for at least 10+ days and check the status of your application https://ociservices.gov.in/statusEnqury. Once you see the application, you will be provided with an acknowledgement on the same website. Before this it will only "No records have been found"
Post the acknowledgement it will take about 20-30 days to complete the processing of your OCI
Then you can use BLS site https://www.blsindia-canada.com/toronto-jurisdiction/track-application.php to track the status of your application

Usually updated to the OCI/BLS system happen around 3-4 pm ET

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Postal OCI Application Picked up on 27th Sep 2023
Postal OCI Application Delivered to BLS Brampton on 28th Sep 2023
Received Acknowledgement from BLS on 2nd Oct 2023
Status changed to 'Processing at consulate' on 6th Oct 2023

No records have been found on ''https://ociservices.gov.in/statusEnqury' as of date.
Thanks for the data. Postal applications at Brampton is taking up to a week longer to reach the consulate by the current trend. Expect Ack in around 2 weeks from Oct 6th.

krishere1982

Mar 2, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Hi @abbas.pasha , @forw.jane , @eas2lv,

OCI Acknowledgment date is 2023-Oct-11. Vancouver consulate. Do you think there is a chance of getting the OCI by Nov 30?

I am trying to figure out when I should book for trip to India.

Please advice.

Thank you.

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hi @abbas.pasha , @forw.jane , @eas2lv,

OCI Acknowledgment date is 2023-Oct-11. Vancouver consulate. Do you think there is a chance of getting the OCI by Nov 30?

I am trying to figure out when I should book for trip to India.

Please advice.

Thank you.
Yup, it should between 20-30 days post acknowledgment to receive the OCI.
even if you add a week buffer on top you should be good for travel by end of Nov imho