+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

krishere1982

Mar 2, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
We entered family members' details who live in India in OCI application.

Do they do checks with family members in India for OCI application?

Last edited:

Guptavv

Oct 15, 2017
NA
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
21-07-2017
Doc's Request.
13-10-2017
AOR Received.
06-11-2017
IELTS Request
10-07-2017
Med's Request
25-10-2017
Passport Req..
04-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2018
LANDED..........
04-06-2018
We can't be sure unless we see the acknowledgment in the OCI services website. Then again, that comes after 10-15 days.

Where you able to connect to BLS?
No the call centre kept cutting the call, will try next week again

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Great news!

My OCI application was delivered by Purolator on Sep 27. It is not displaying in BLS tracking or OCI status link.

Should I be concerned?
Your name is Krish you should have flown to BLS and submitted your application. Oh wait, did you take the mask off for the photograph ? :p

ok on a serious note, it take 3-4 extra days for BLS to display the status on their website. Purolator will deliver to a BLS facility and it will be sorted, documents will then be checked and processed furthe.

Next week tak status update ho jaayega

• Haha
Reactions: krishere1982

Shaurya2013

Jan 2, 2019
Hello everyone - I need your help with clarification regarding the OCI card for my son, who is currently a dual citizen of the United States and Canada.

Previously, my son obtained his OCI card based on our (parents') Indian citizenship. However, since then, my spouse and I have acquired Canadian citizenship, and our son has also become a Canadian citizen through dual nationality.

Given these recent changes in our citizenship status, we are unsure about the appropriate steps to take regarding our son's OCI card. Could you provide me with information on the following process for updating or obtaining a new OCI card for him?

Specifically, I would like to know:
  • Is it necessary to apply for a new OCI card for our son, now that he holds Canadian and US citizenship?
  • If a new OCI card is required, what are the documents and forms that need to be submitted for the application?
  • In case an update is needed rather than a new card, what documents and procedures are involved in the OCI card update process?
In BLS, I am not able to find my answers. Thank you very much.

anksyahoo

May 4, 2020
Hello everyone - I need your help with clarification regarding the OCI card for my son, who is currently a dual citizen of the United States and Canada.

Previously, my son obtained his OCI card based on our (parents') Indian citizenship. However, since then, my spouse and I have acquired Canadian citizenship, and our son has also become a Canadian citizen through dual nationality.

Given these recent changes in our citizenship status, we are unsure about the appropriate steps to take regarding our son's OCI card. Could you provide me with information on the following process for updating or obtaining a new OCI card for him?

Specifically, I would like to know:
  • Is it necessary to apply for a new OCI card for our son, now that he holds Canadian and US citizenship?
  • If a new OCI card is required, what are the documents and forms that need to be submitted for the application?
  • In case an update is needed rather than a new card, what documents and procedures are involved in the OCI card update process?
In BLS, I am not able to find my answers. Thank you very much.
You dont need to get new OCI card for your son. Just use your son's US passport instead of Canadian while entering/exiting India.