+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

Jatt_warrior

Star Member
Jan 30, 2013
How long does it take from submission at BLS Brampton to status reflection on the OCI website? It's the 9th day for us, since submission, still, the status shows no record found.

Thanks in advance!
I submitted my OCI application on 25th August and today it showed "UNDER PROCESS". It took exactly 2 weeks (14 days) to get acknowledgement on OCI status portal

Reactions: kurtrules

spartanjsv

Star Member
Nov 18, 2016
USA
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
20-06--2016
AOR Received.
07-04-2017
Med's Done....
22-06-2017
Last edited:

kurtrules

Star Member
May 6, 2016
I am so confused with these instructions. I guess I will need to fill the form again now :(

This here says the details should be as per Canadian Passport.

This says for passport details enter as per Indian Passport.

Can someone help confirm what do I need to fill for Applicant Passport details in Part-A? I added Canadian PP information.
You added correctly. Your passport details should be as per your Canadian passport; your parents details should be as per your Indian passport.

Reactions: spartanjsv

Wick.J

Aug 18, 2023
For Vancouver jurisdiction postal application do we need two separate bank draft or just one combined fees for BLS international?

Wick.J

Aug 18, 2023
I did name split for Canadian documents. Indian passport had Sahil Shah as given name and no surname/last name but now all my Canadian documents and passport has Sahil as given name and Shah as surname. When I submitted my Passport surrender application i was told by BLS Surrey they do not need affidavit just BC name change certificate. So for OCI do I need affidavit or just name change certificate? Does anyone have similar experience.

harryguns

Sep 27, 2019
Sharing my experience for OCI Walk-in Application at the Brampton location.

Arrived at the location at around 6.25am in the morning there were around 18 people ahead of me, the first person in line had queued up at 5am in the morning. Doors opened at 8am and around 8 to 10 walk-in applicants were given tokens and were asked to wait inside. It seems that between 8am to 9am there aren't any appointments so they let in walk in applicants until the appointment candidates start to show up.

At around 8.20 I was given the token. Lady at counter 9 asked for the checklist and documents, as far as the original documents goes, we were only asked for the Indian Passport and all the documents were validated against the Indian passport.

At the end she asked for the photographs and pointed that the shoulders are not visible, I showed her the sample format that is available on their website where the specifications and sample images where similar to what we had. She refused saying that the shoulder should be visible, she will submit the application with these pics however there is a possibility that it will be rejected.

Since I drove all the way from East end, I was in no mood to start this process all over again so I opted for the Photo service and paid $15 for two copies of 2x2 photos, gave the copies to the lady while share arranged for the OCI drop service. In total I paid approximately around $100 for two applicants. (Photo + Courier + Admin charges). I was out by around 8.50 am.

Thanks to @abbas.pasha and this community for the guidance in getting this through in my first attempt. Cheers!
Quick question. After taking a new photograph, did you upload the new pic and refilled the entire online application? Because the photograph which we upload online and submit should be same.

harryguns

Sep 27, 2019
Sharing my experience for OCI Walk-in Application at the BLS Toronto location. 9/11/23

Arrived at the location at around 8.15 am in the morning. I had an prior appointment at 9.40am, however, the security guard didn't allow me to enter because I arrived early by almost an hour and half. After 10/15 mins, I again requested him to let me enter and he surprisingly agreed.

As soon as he handed me the token, one of the BLS Lady Staff approached me and asked me to come over to Counter #3. She asked me for the Checklist, Application form and all the supporting document photocopies (per the checklist). In addition, she verified the application form info with my (original) Canadian passport, Indian passport and Spouse's passport. It was hardly a matter of 4-5 mins.

At the end, she asked me for photograph and bank draft. For safer side, I also took the BLS charges (7.5$) bank draft with me, however, she said that the BLS Charges bank draft is only for postal applications and would accept only debit card for the walking applications. (BLS Charges around 38$ including the OCI postal charges)

Once everything was done, she said the process would take around 2-3 months and will receive the OCI by mail.

Thanks to this community for the guidance in getting this through in my first attempt. Cheers!

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
Sharing my experience for OCI Walk-in Application at the Brampton location.

Arrived at the location at around 6.25am in the morning there were around 18 people ahead of me, the first person in line had queued up at 5am in the morning. Doors opened at 8am and around 8 to 10 walk-in applicants were given tokens and were asked to wait inside. It seems that between 8am to 9am there aren't any appointments so they let in walk in applicants until the appointment candidates start to show up.

At around 8.20 I was given the token. Lady at counter 9 asked for the checklist and documents, as far as the original documents goes, we were only asked for the Indian Passport and all the documents were validated against the Indian passport.

At the end she asked for the photographs and pointed that the shoulders are not visible, I showed her the sample format that is available on their website where the specifications and sample images where similar to what we had. She refused saying that the shoulder should be visible, she will submit the application with these pics however there is a possibility that it will be rejected.

Since I drove all the way from East end, I was in no mood to start this process all over again so I opted for the Photo service and paid $15 for two copies of 2x2 photos, gave the copies to the lady while share arranged for the OCI drop service. In total I paid approximately around $100 for two applicants. (Photo + Courier + Admin charges). I was out by around 8.50 am.

Thanks to @abbas.pasha and this community for the guidance in getting this through in my first attempt. Cheers!
This is BIS business model
asking photo is not correct
XROX Needed and so on ,
They are bunch of jokers

sujaysuresh27

Star Member
May 10, 2023
UPDATE
OCI Application
Walk-in
Location - Vancouver
Date of application - 6th Sep 2023
BLS Website status - under process (6th Sep-11th Sep)
BLS Website status - Processing at Consulate General (11th Sep 2023)
OCI Status Enquiry website - Under Process (11th Sep 2023)

PS: Took only 5 calendar days for status to show on the official OCI website:)

Last edited:

mtlcanada

Star Member
May 17, 2019
While filling OCI application what does it mean by “Relation with the Root Indian” like father or grand father or great gf ? bcz all are Indians.