+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

Bob_pat

Jul 30, 2023
When i applied the oci for the first time of my minor child it got rejected because some signatures were missing and got the email as well. Maybe in your case if they are returning your application you will get the email. I called them as well and they told me the same thing. So you can try to call them
Who returned your application BLS or consulate?? I applied for miscellaneous services (re-new) of oci. On OCI site application status is under process till 27 July.

ramsay1212

Star Member
Mar 2, 2019
Is there usually a delay in OCI application status update on BLS website? For my application BLS still shows Processing at Consulate General" whereas OCI tracking website shows "Processed on Aug 25th" with details of my OCI number

h3xx_r_d

Star Member
May 10, 2019
Finally received my OCI in hand today. Here is the timeline for the application submitted in-person at BLS Toronto -

Submitted at BLS - July 21
CGI status “Under process” - July 31
Processed - Aug 21
Dispatched from MEA - Aug 22
Received at Toronto - Aug 22
Received at home - Aug 28

pycharm

Jul 23, 2023
My status:

Walk-in application (Toronto): 22 Jul
Date of Acknowledgement: 1 Aug
Document Printing Status: 23 Aug
Dispatched from MEA(OCI) New Delhi: 23 Aug
Document Received at Toronto: 23 Aug

(has not been delivered yet but I expect it by early next week)
Just received my OCI: 28 Aug
The whole process took a little over 5 weeks.

Last edited:

anksyahoo

May 4, 2020
Sent application for SC last week of July until now no update. I was expecting 2-3 weeks. Ottawa ofc
What should I do?
you are in wrong forum. post it in SC forum.

Ottawa takes around 4-6 weeks for SC. there is difference b/w expectation and reality with Indian authorities :)

Mazallstar

Jun 5, 2017
Just received my OCI: 28 Aug
The whole process took a little over 5 weeks.
Hi there, could you please share your walk-in experience. I am planning to go to the Toronto center since its nearby however I have heard that Brampton location is better as compared to Toronto for walk-ins. Thanks

h3xx_r_d

Star Member
May 10, 2019
Hi there, could you please share your walk-in experience. I am planning to go to the Toronto center since its nearby however I have heard that Brampton location is better as compared to Toronto for walk-ins. Thanks
By walk-in, do you mean with or without appointment? If you go to the Toronto location with an appointment prior to 9 am, you can easily get done in an hour or two.

Without appointment, you will have to line up super early (6 am or so) and wait till you get a chance to go in. It can take upto 2 pm to be able to get in (that is if they even allow you to go in).

I’ve done both with and without appointment and I would highly recommend going in with an appointment.

Kindness101

Star Member
Nov 18, 2016
Canada
App. Filed.......
June 24,15
AOR Received.
Aug 28,15
File Transfer...
AIP - November 15, 2016
Med's Request
PCC request Jan 9th, 17
Med's Done....
June 24, 15 and December, 2017
Interview........
None
LANDED..........
April 9, 2018
Hi a question,

Is OCI provided to an Indian whose citizenship is terminated by acquiring citizenship of another country?

Citizenship Amendment Act 1986
―9. Termination of citizenship: (1) Any citizen of India, who by naturalisation, registration otherwise voluntarily acquires, or has at any time between the 26th January 1960 and the commencement of this Act, voluntarily acquired the citizenship of another country shall, upon such acquisition or, as the case may be, such commencement, cease to be a citizen of India.
Provided that nothing in this sub-section shall apply to a citizen of India who, during any war in which India may be engaged, voluntarily acquires, the citizenship of another country, until the Central Government otherwise directs.
(2) If any question arises as to whether, when or how many citizen of India has acquired the citizenship of another country, it shall be determined by such authority, in such manner, and having regard to such rules of evidence, as may be prescribed in this behalf.‖
Thank you

SumiMetal666

Aug 29, 2023
Hi everyone. Please see my timeline below.

BLS Portal Status:
09 Aug: Postal application sent to Brampton
10 Aug: Application Delivered at Brampton
18 Aug: BLS status application received - This is the application date on the BLS website
21 Aug: Two statuses: Both are under processing at CGI
30 Aug: Acknowledgement date on the OCI website

Last edited:
Reactions: write2rtd