+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

HappyLifeInCanada

Jun 22, 2023
OCI application submitted by courier: June 26, 2023
OCI application received by BLS: June 28, 2023 (Purolator shows delivery on June 27)

Current status on OCI website:
Date Of Acknowledgment12-JUL-2023
Registration Status at MissionTORONTO
OCI Application StatusUNDER-PROCESS

Wondering how long before it's processed.
You can expect OCI stamped & send to u in 4-5 weeks from the Date of acknowledgement as per my 2 applications submitted in june.

Reactions: akhileshtekchand

Shiv9192

Jun 15, 2023
Hi Folks,

Date of Submission Brampton (Walk-in) On 10 June -2023
BLS Send to Consulate - 10 June -2023
Processing at Consulate General On 12 June -2023
Date of Acknowledgment On 15 June -2023

Documents Printing Status PROCESSED On 7 July - 2023
Dispatched From MEA (OCI ) NEW DELHI On 11 July - 2023
Document received At TORONTO On 11 July - 2023
Counter Delivery to BLS after OCI stamping - 12 July - 2023

I got OCI delivered by Purolator just before an hour today. But, the strange things is BLS status stays the same (Counter Delivery to BLS after OCI stamping). Nothing Change No tracking Info. Surprise.

BTW Good luck to all of you guys. You will get yours soon.

HappyLifeInCanada

Jun 22, 2023
Hi Folks,

Date of Submission Brampton (Walk-in) On 10 June -2023
BLS Send to Consulate - 10 June -2023
Processing at Consulate General On 12 June -2023
Date of Acknowledgment On 15 June -2023

Documents Printing Status PROCESSED On 7 July - 2023
Dispatched From MEA (OCI ) NEW DELHI On 11 July - 2023
Document received At TORONTO On 11 July - 2023
Counter Delivery to BLS after OCI stamping - 12 July - 2023

I got OCI delivered by Purolator just before an hour today. But, the strange things is BLS status stays the same (Counter Delivery to BLS after OCI stamping). Nothing Change No tracking Info. Surprise.

BTW Good luck to all of you guys. You will get yours soon.
Same with one of my applications..no further update after that but its delivered..

infidel

Dec 17, 2014
Guys
what are the various statuses on BLS for OCI? I recieved my original Surrender a couple of weeks ago but the status hasnt changed. What changes can i expect before the OCI reaches me?

Application StatusOriginal documents Dispatched via courier
Dispatched via Courier

anksyahoo

May 4, 2020
Yes. Surrender Certificate -> OCI. Can't be done parallely
@anksyahoo is currently in process for SC. Can give a better answer for Ottawa SC timeline.
SC process for Ottawa BLS:
Submitted in person on June 16th.
In process at HCI on June 21st.
printed at HCI on July 6th
Ready for collection on BLS website: July 7th
Picked up in person on July 10th

I said no to courier service for return of SC and passport.

BLS Ottawa is really good at service and they seem to be very supportive of any questions that you have. The lady who seems to be the supervisor is really nice, helpful and wonderful to talk to.

Last edited:

h3xx_r_d

Star Member
May 10, 2019
I’m going to submit my OCI application next week. For anyone who recently submitted their OCI application in-person at BLS Toronto, can you please share your experience regarding what original documents they keep? I’ve gathered everything as per the checklist and I am just trying to figure out what documents I need to leave with them.

Also, is anything stamped in the Canadian passport? Or is it just the separate OCI Booklet that they send you?

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
I’m going to submit my OCI application next week. For anyone who recently submitted their OCI application in-person at BLS Toronto, can you please share your experience regarding what original documents they keep? I’ve gathered everything as per the checklist and I am just trying to figure out what documents I need to leave with them.

Also, is anything stamped in the Canadian passport? Or is it just the separate OCI Booklet that they send you?
They might keep either your original cancelled Indian passport and or original Surrender certificate
Nothing gets stamped on the Canadian passport when you get OCI card
When you travel to India, your Canadian passport will be stamped by the Indian immigration

Reactions: h3xx_r_d

h3xx_r_d

Star Member
May 10, 2019
They might keep either your original cancelled Indian passport and or original Surrender certificate
Nothing gets stamped on the Canadian passport when you get OCI card
When you travel to India, your Canadian passport will be stamped by the Indian immigration
Thank you for the feedback. I'm guessing beyond the $345 consulate fee and the $7.4 BLS fee, they probably charge another $30-50 for courier and "Value added" services.

I will share my experience on this thread after I submit.

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Thank you for the feedback. I'm guessing beyond the $345 consulate fee and the $7.4 BLS fee, they probably charge another $30-50 for courier and "Value added" services.

I will share my experience on this thread after I submit.
I dont wanna scare you but they may ask you click a new set of photos as well.. So be prepared...

Reactions: h3xx_r_d

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Thats 'under-process', what does it mean in terms of ETA to finally recieve the OCI? I know its hard to predict but whats the usual experience with members on this board
Do you see dates against the following and the OCI# ?

Date Of AcknowledgmentXXXXXXX
Registration Status at MissionTORONTO
OCI- NumberXXXXXXX
Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn
Document received AtTORONTOOn

Usually it would be around 20 days from the date of acknowledgement

Last edited:
Reactions: infidel

mtlcanada

Star Member
May 17, 2019
I understand that I will not be getting my Passport back after submitting it for Surrender Certificate. So, do I need to scan every page of it before sending?
And, I will be needed to have only 1 photo to be pasted on the application generated on the passport seva site.
Is this correct?